TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

From the hints, the only thing I can think of so far would be an observation wheel, like the High Roller in Las Vegas, or the Singapore Flyer in Singapore. These kind of "observation wheels" as opposed to traditional ferris wheels haven't really entered the US market as far as I can tell. It certainly would be a photo opportunity. It may also shock people because there's never exactly been room for something like that.

Who knows, maybe I am talking out of my ass, but it's a possibility.

EDIT: It appears that there are more observation wheels in America than I had originally thought. Carry on.

I need something to believe in. I've already moved passed El Diablo. And besides, any speculation leads to discussion, which can also lead to new developments. Discussion often evolves from one topic to another, when based on speculation. It's always enjoyable to think of possible rides that could be added.

Can we at least open for the season before we start our speculation on 2016... Our new roller coaster for this year isn't even built yet

Don't worry. Your new "roller coaster" will pull in any day now. Will they leave it on the flat bed and put some skirting around it or will they permanetely brace it to the ground? You'd think they would leave it on the trailer in case they want to move it.

I still can't believe they're adding a god damn carney ride to SFGAdv. I rode one of those at Coney Island. I rode one of those at the local god damn fair. Disappointed.

Still want to make the trek back to Jersey for my beloved El Toro though.

I honestly don't get the hate on El Diablo being a carnival ride, after all...

Deja Vu = carnival ride

Swashbuckler = carnival ride

Tango = carnival ride

Twister = carnival ride

Fender Benders = carnival ride

Buccaneer = carnival ride

SkyScreamer = taller version of a carnival ride

Giant Wheel = taller version of a carnival ride

Them marketing it as a roller coaster? Sure, I can see the backlash at that, but El Diablo isn't bad addition to the park's non-coaster lineup.

I still can't believe they're adding a god damn carney ride to SFGAdv. I rode one of those at Coney Island. I rode one of those at the local god damn fair. Disappointed.

Deja Vu = carnival ride

Tango = carnival ride

Twister = carnival ride

Them marketing it as a roller coaster? Sure, I can see the backlash at that, but El Diablo isn't bad addition to the park's non-coaster lineup.

For me, the irritation comes from the fact that, not only are they marketing it as a roller coaster and defining it as such (which artificially inflates their coaster count), they are marketing it as their "big addition" to the park. Personally, I don't like how they took out Rolling Thunder, left an open area where it sat, and now add this kind of ride.

I know it may seem quite reactionary, but as it stands, it isn't appealing to me, but as the next couple of seasons approach, I may end up changing my tune.

^ What led you to that conclusion? There's absolutely NO indication as to what the park is getting next year, or if they are getting anything at all. The park hasn't even opened for 2015 yet and people are hung up over some phantom coaster rumour for 2016.

^ What led you to that conclusion? There's absolutely NO indication as to what the park is getting next year, or if they are getting anything at all. The park hasn't even opened for 2015 yet and people are hung up over some phantom coaster rumour for 2016.

Yeah but it's Six flags. They put the same coasters in different parks all the time. Great Adventure hasn't gotten a true new coaster since Toro which Will be 10 years in 2016. They are due and RMC seems to be very popular in Six Flags' company now. I would be suprised if they did not keep the trend going.

Deja Vu = carnival ride

Tango = carnival ride

Twister = carnival ride

the hate I have on is, for the crowds that SFGAdv get, they should have added a flats package this season, like a few different flat rides. Not just one lousey carnival ride

Yeah but it's Six flags. They put the same coasters in different parks all the time. Great Adventure hasn't gotten a true new coaster since Toro which Will be 10 years in 2016. They are due and RMC seems to be very popular in Six Flags' company now. I would be suprised if they did not keep the trend going.

No other park has El Toro. And none of the RMCs are "the same". If they go RMC I'll gladly eat my words, but I just don't see it happening. Not yet, anyway.

I kind of laugh at the complaints about not having a new coaster in 5 years. From what I've seen, this park has a solid coaster line up, and the only additions I could see truly making this park better would be several more flats, and perhaps a smallish wooden coaster to ease kids onto the larger rides. I think a RMC is the last coaster they truly need. You have El Toro, arguably the best wooden coaster ever. Why would you want an RMC which might still not hold a flame to Toro? Think about it. It's one thing to have a small wooden coaster and a larger Intamin/RMC, but it's another thing when both of your woodies are large and intimidating.

^Because this is a coaster enthusiast site. It's great and very important to have a well balanced park (which Gadv has been improving lately, other than losing RT), but it's hard to turn down the potential of having two of the best wooden coasters in the world. I personally don't think it would make a big difference that El Toro is already incredible. No, and RMC isn't necessary or the best choice, but its a potentially amazing coaster at a fairly low cost. Hard to say no to RMC.

^ True, but why not fill the niche RT left instead of one that has already been filled by the B&M's? I would imagine that's in the minds of Six Flags more than the potential for another intense coaster which can always happen years from now. Let RMC be for another year, so they can work with another Six Flags park, and perhaps you'll see the next El Toro in a few years. If you're already tired of it, I'd gladly switch you Ninja at SFOG for it.

^When RT was built, it was an intense, menacing coaster. As the park stated, preferences changed as technology advanced, and it became less popular. In that time, it's niche changed to that of a family coaster. Intense, record breaking coasters are more marketable for SF, so I assume this is what they would go for. They don't want another family coaster just to have another family coaster, they want to draw in more guests.

Again I don't think an RMC is necessarily the best fit for the park, but realistically I think this is ost likely. Look at what they've done the past few years. Just like Cedar Fair has with B&M, they know what's working for them right now, and that's RMC.

I kind of laugh at the complaints about not having a new coaster in 5 years. From what I've seen, this park has a solid coaster line up, and the only additions I could see truly making this park better would be several more flats, and perhaps a smallish wooden coaster to ease kids onto the larger rides. I think a RMC is the last coaster they truly need. You have El Toro, arguably the best wooden coaster ever. Why would you want an RMC which might still not hold a flame to Toro? Think about it. It's one thing to have a small wooden coaster and a larger Intamin/RMC, but it's another thing when both of your woodies are large and intimidating.

sorry, but the last good coaster SFGadv installed was 2006 with El Toro. TDK is terrible, and GL was used and terrible

THANK YOU! This park does not NEED a coaster. Of course as enthusiasts we pine for one, but most parks would kill for the line-up that GAdv has. The park needs more flats and family rides, and it seems that current management understands that.

I'd love to see Gradv work with Premier again (Not sure how keen Gradv is about it after the drama with B+R:TC) but I think they could do something truly amazing. With the success of FT, and the skyrocket coasters... I think with a nice sized budget something incredible could come to fruition.

Sorry is there some reason to trust that post is the first place? It was the users first post, and he has yet to return. Does this happen on occasion, or is there any reason to believe they have some insider information?

The sole purpose in creating this account was to leak that information (hence the username). I'm unable to give any more details but based on the guessing so far (Vekoma Tilt Coaster?!) you guys are way off. Don't worry, "phantom rumors" become reality around mid summer when markers appear but even then there will be stubborn users who refuse to believe 2016's addition will blow others out of the water.