TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Looking at that pic ^ they could potentially build a new path from GK between Toro's twister section and the back of the new ride, offering good views of both, and easy access between the areas, but we know that would probably never happen.

Its funny because now that they have made this announcement about it being in PDC, the original rendering is actually (somewhat) accurate. Though obviously it will be dwarfed by Toro.

Its funny because now that they have made this announcement about it being in PDC, the original rendering is actually (somewhat) accurate. Though obviously it will be dwarfed by Toro.

In that picture they did not use Rolling Thunder's queue......could they be making a different queue? Then again, they changed the name and location so they could change their idea to make a new queue.

I'm happy about the name change and especially the new location. Rolling Thunder's empty footprint was an eyesore in my opinion and filling in the space should be beneficial. And I really hope that the plan to open a path from the Golden Kingdom to Plaza del Carnival is still happening.

In that picture they did not use Rolling Thunder's queue......could they be making a different queue? Then again, they changed the name and location so they could change their idea to make a new queue.

^ I just meant the actual location of the ride. In the rendering released with the announcement in August (and posted on previous page) the new ride is clearly next to El Toro in PDC but the original announcement said it would be in Golden Kingdom so it was a little confusing. Many people thought it would be placed across from KK's station, next to the entrance portal for Z:DOD, especially when those pics surfaced showing some digging going on right next to the Z:DOD entrance (which turned out to be for light posts).

In essence, with this new announcement/name change, the original rendering is more accurate to where it will actually be placed. The RT switchbacks are still there, you can see it in Flyin Phils photo I posted, the station, tracks etc all gone save for some footers. If the new ride is in fact going there, I'm sure they will re-use the switchbacks because why not.

The concept art for the ride is just a photoshop of Elitch Garden's brain drain so the original plan for the q-line may have been completely different. With Rolling Thunder's q-line still present, it probably makes sense just to reuse it.

1410682820_ScreenShot2015-01-14at1_36_44PM.thumb.png.351a2429195021089227771722883fbd.png

082814-rollercoaster-dngla.jpg.202683bd226d3ca6335b74afd395c6cb.jpg

140714-2.thumb.jpg.dcddcdbf0d3830fd2298c9782b603979.jpg

Edited by El Toro_Ryan

Ryan would obviously know best but I assume they do since they put canvas up on it, presumably to keep heat in.

I know they're using the lift motor house for something because they just painted it last year (and in Six Flags fashion did such a lame job removing Rolling Thunder that it has white pieces of wood sticking out of the roof. When they painted the roof they decided that rather than fixing that they would just paint them white).

The park still uses the old storage shed for basic maintainance and what not. One of the trains from Runaway Mine Train is usually back behind that shed and I believe necessary supplies for the area are also stored in the shed. Regarding the old lift motor house, I'm not too sure what the park uses that for. I'm just going to guess for other maintainance purposes.

They still won't open this for opening day right?

SF marketing team has done studies that by opening a ride aprox during memorial day weekend. They get guests to come back to the park for another visite or get them to buy a season pass. its a genius marketing. im surprised all the other parks don't do it.

Hey also since they decided to give a freaking carnival flat, if the ride ever needs to change location they can just fold it up and move it.

Maybe they just leave it on the flat bed so they can just hook the truck up to it and pull it wherever it needs to go.

^These 70' Larson Loops for the parks don't simply fold up into a trailer like the mobile versions. These have foundations and are put together like the structure of a steel coaster, in several pieces and an entirely different support structure.

They still won't open this for opening day right?

SF marketing team has done studies that by opening a ride aprox during memorial day weekend. They get guests to come back to the park for another visite or get them to buy a season pass. its a genius marketing. im surprised all the other parks don't do it.

Because most parks have a more expensive pass that doesn't cater to the YOLO crowd.