TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Haven't posted in a while. ......is there still any chance of a backwards batman? I remember the clues had shownthere would be but then it wasn't in the announcement what happened? Also any chance of zumanjaro and king da ka running together? I waited 2 and a half hours for zumanjaro and 2 hours for king da ka.

The backwards Batman rumor has resurfaced recently... there were rumors for awhile that the state wouldn't allow it but as far as I know all we have are rumors on both sides. Personally I hope we never get it, Batman is perfect as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The backwards Batman rumor has resurfaced recently... there were rumors for awhile that the state wouldn't allow it but as far as I know all we have are rumors on both sides. Personally I hope we never get it, Batman is perfect as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This. When the clues this summer hinted towards Namtab, I was very excited at the prospect of it. But the more time I've had to think about it, the less I'm interested in the ride running backwards. Like you said, B:TR is perfect. It was running incredibly this season, compared to its neighbor, a younger B&M

Nitro is running better now, they fixed the train that was causing the problems. Is it as smooth as Batman? No... but there aren't many rides out there that are. Batman is butter smooth especially when you factor in all the snappy transitions it has.

Yes... I rode train C closing weekend and it was fine. I mean... it was the most painful ride I've ever had on any coaster anywhere but the train didn't rattle... that was a result of the fact that we were riding in the front row in heavy sleet. Never again...

While part of me would love to try Batman backwards, that ride is already pretty intense as it is. I don't know what it is about that ride (probably the quick transitions), but it always makes me nauseous and I've even blacked out on it before. Would it be possible for them to run one train backwards and the other one forward? That would be pretty cool since you'd have both options.

While part of me would love to try Batman backwards, that ride is already pretty intense as it is. I don't know what it is about that ride (probably the quick transitions), but it always makes me nauseous and I've even blacked out on it before. Would it be possible for them to run one train backwards and the other one forward? That would be pretty cool since you'd have both options.

From other reviews I've heard, backwards Batman surprisingly isn't too much more intense than regular Batman. I don't think any of the parks who have ran their Batman backwards have had one train run forwards and one backwards, but that would be pretty cool to see.

Ive heard that batman backwards is very painful to your neck, i dont know if thats true because ive never been on it. I just wanna try it out.

And it is painful to many eyes to read posts that don't use proper capitalization and punctuation.

Ive heard that batman backwards is very painful to your neck

If you listen to enthusiasts then every coaster ever built is rough. This might be the case but ride it for yourself and see... believe it or not some people think that Batman forwards is rough and that's just flat out stupid.

If you listen to enthusiasts then every coaster ever built is rough. This might be the case but ride it for yourself and see... believe it or not some people think that Batman forwards is rough and that's just flat out stupid.

I think that Batman is very rough, so I could understand why people would say that.

I think some people confuse rough with snappy. Batman has snappy transitions but it is smooth. I know my brother confuses the two.
It's the same reason many intense coasters are considered rough as well. For example, Maverick and Skyrush.

I so agree with this. It's like an epidemic with enthusiasts. Suddenly every coaster that isn't a magic carpet ride is rough. Now Batman is rough, Maverick is rough, every wooden coaster not named El Toro is rough. Rough, rough, rough. Are we even enjoying the hobby anymore?

I so agree with this. It's like an epidemic with enthusiasts. Suddenly every coaster that isn't a magic carpet ride is rough. Now Batman is rough, Maverick is rough, every wooden coaster not named El Toro is rough. Rough, rough, rough. Are we even enjoying the hobby anymore?

It's not easy to enjoy a hobby that repeatedly gives you bad headaches!

I don't think it's an epidemic, I think that a lot of rides are being built more half ass and existing rides aren't being taken care of as well and/or aging. Now, I've never said Batman or Maverick are rough, but there are a lot of rough rides out there and it doesn't make someone a 'bitchy enthusiast' for pointing that out.

Haven't been on Batman in a few years, but it was never even close to rough. I can't think of a single B&M that isn't smooth. I was also surprised by how many people here think Maverick is rough, I admit there's a bit of head banging but it's a smooth ride. I definitely understand why most people think wooden rides are rough, but for me that's part of the charm. I agree with Elissa that some rides just aren't well maintained though, and that's a legitimate problem.

I think some people confuse rough with snappy. Batman has snappy transitions but it is smooth. I know my brother confuses the two.

I may be confusing the two. I love Maverick at Cedar Point, but that has lots of head banging like Batman . The corkscrews on Batman, and the tight twist on Maverick hurt my neck a lot, but they are both amazing rides.

I may be confusing the two. I love Maverick at Cedar Point, but that has lots of head banging like Batman . The corkscrews on Batman, and the tight twist on Maverick hurt my neck a lot, but they are both amazing rides.