TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This has been bothering me for a while. This is the answer to this debate.

If you live by the park, your pretty sick of all the gimmick rides (SUF, Kingda Ka, TDK, GL). Take of the family coasters (Blackbeards, skully, RMT), and your left with Bizzaro, Nitro, Batman, and El Toro. The three B&Ms are getting into their 20s now.

No matter how amazing El Toro is, you can only ride it so many times. Since a majority of park guests are locals (proof: closest hotel is 20 minutes away), they've been riding the same coasters for 9 years.

If your an enthusiast living elsewhere, GADV has tons of major credits that you havent ridden many times or at all. From an outside point of view, GADV looks stacked, but from a local perspective, GADV is a stale shell of something that used to be.

Source: Ive had a season pass every year since 1998.

I'm just jealous of how many parks people on the east coast have! Within a 4 hour drive I have 2 parks. Within 9 hours I have 3 major parks plus LA.

This has been bothering me for a while. This is the answer to this debate.

If you live by the park, your pretty sick of all the gimmick rides (SUF, Kingda Ka, TDK, GL). Take of the family coasters (Blackbeards, skully, RMT), and your left with Bizzaro, Nitro, Batman, and El Toro. The three B&Ms are getting into their 20s now.

No matter how amazing El Toro is, you can only ride it so many times. Since a majority of park guests are locals (proof: closest hotel is 20 minutes away), they've been riding the same coasters for 9 years.

If your an enthusiast living elsewhere, GADV has tons of major credits that you havent ridden many times or at all. From an outside point of view, GADV looks stacked, but from a local perspective, GADV is a stale shell of something that used to be.

Source: Ive had a season pass every year since 1998.

very well said. I have had a season pass since the mid 1980's

Superman has a insane line, because the ride crew has sucked for yrs and use min staffing. they take on average 4-5 min to check a train, which is terrible. SFGadv management really has to get back to improving the whole park. from staffing rides to food stands. service has really gone down hill from yrs ago.

Oh hey.... guess what has come to SFGADv.... parts for Looping Dragon!

Source: http://flyinphilsflighthighlights.blogspot.com/2014/12/from-flight-on-sunday-december-21-2014.html

shouldn't this carnival ride already be installed by now? its already Jan 2nd, next we will get some huge snowstorm, and come opening day, the park will blame the winter for not having the ride open. this park really needs to get moving.

Source: http://flyinphilsflighthighlights.blogspot.com/2014/12/from-flight-on-sunday-december-21-2014.html

shouldn't this carnival ride already be installed by now? its already Jan 2nd, next we will get some huge snowstorm, and come opening day, the park will blame the winter for not having the ride open. this park really needs to get moving.

I wouldn't expect construction to begin until February or March at the earliest.

In a comment on Six Flags America's facebook page, SFA plans tobopen their Fireball AFTER Memorial Day. I expect a situation similar to Skyscreamer- built by opening, but nothing else.

Please, nobody wants to hear constant complaining about this. It is pathetic, but Six Flags' choice and it has been this way for quite awhile now. Move on.

Please, nobody wants to hear constant complaining about this. It is pathetic, but Six Flags' choice and it has been this way for quite awhile now. Move on.

Even though we all fully expect this ride to open around Memorial Day it's literally a carnival ride and we will make fun of them for it.

Even though we all fully expect this ride to open around Memorial Day it's literally a carnival ride and we will make fun of them for it.

Oh absolutely. But if anyone acts surprised or points out how Fury will likely have opened in March, that will get annoying.

GADV used to open new rides on the park's opening day but I'm pretty sure Nitro was the last ride to actually open with the park. Now, I think the park and Six Flags as a whole purposely schedule all new rides to open later in the season as a weird way to advertise their new rides. Like park goers who go early in the season may see the new ride being built, tell their friends all about it, and then come back later in the season once it has opened.

To be fair, this isn't a true carnival version of this ride. LD is certainly going to be a permanent mount and is more bulky and slightly taller than the versions seen at fairs. Also, a trailer mounted Ring of Fire can be setup in like 6 hours, now that's efficiency!

GADV used to open new rides on the park's opening day but I'm pretty sure Nitro was the last ride to actually open with the park. Now, I think the park and Six Flags as a whole purposely schedule all new rides to open later in the season as a weird way to advertise their new rides. Like park goers who go early in the season may see the new ride being built, tell their friends all about it, and then come back later in the season once it has opened.

I think thats what it is too. They open the ride at a later date in order to entice people who go when the park opens for the season to buy a season pass.

I was hoping that they would stop the delayed openings after the Jaro/Goliath delayed openings were further delayed due to actual setbacks. If I'm not mistaken, Jaro didn't open until July. Thats where is teters from teaser to plain old bad press.

Instead of delaying a ride opening to get more passes sold, how about they stop running the park like crap and pissing off the people that buy passes so that they might actually buy one again.

Instead of delaying a ride opening to get more passes sold, how about they stop running the park like crap and pissing off the people that buy passes so that they might actually buy one again.

Unfortunately this probably won't happen until the chain smartens up and starts charging $100+ for a season pass.

Unfortunately this probably won't happen until the chain smartens up and starts charging $100+ for a season pass.

Well first they'd have to make their parks worth that much. Right now, because of the inconsistencies, it just isn't.

I was hoping that they would stop the delayed openings after the Jaro/Goliath delayed openings were further delayed due to actual setbacks. If I'm not mistaken, Jaro didn't open until July. Thats where is teters from teaser to plain old bad press.

Funny you mention that. The park was rumored to get a new coaster for 2015 (possibly a new S&S 4th dimension free spin coaster) until Zumanjaro opened a month and a half late causing it to go way over budget.

maybe the park should first start with selling gold passes for way over $100.

Funny you mention that. The park was rumored to get a new coaster for 2015 (possibly a new S&S 4th dimension free spin coaster) until Zumanjaro opened a month and a half late causing it to go way over budget.

how did it go over budget by opening a month a half late? the price should be the price to get the ride installed and running. what does opening up late , making it go over budget? I dodnt get that

totally agree, a gold pass should be sold more the $61.99, like way more

how did it go over budget by opening a month a half late? the price should be the price to get the ride installed and running. what does opening up late , making it go over budget? I dodnt get that

Longer hours, more workers, ect

It seems like those Screamscape rumors DID match up, expect Zumie was late so the 2015 coaster was chopped off. Maybe LD was supposed to go to SFFT, but then they switched it around in June.

Would it just be cheaper to start earlier and get it down earlier? Sometimes I wished I worked for the parks, but then at times, it's just more enjoyable just to sit back and say your opinion without any issue.