TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I find it interesting that when Green Lantern was Chang at SFKK it received so much praise and everyone seemed to love it, and now that its at SFGAd everyone seems to hate it and says its a horrible Coaster. I have never ridden it at either Park so I cant speak from experience, but what is different about it now that makes it a horrible Coaster?

It looks good/you would think it would be good.....however, personally- it gives me a headache- thus I avoid at all cost (unless my son insists to go on it)

Maybe Green Lantern got rougher after being relocated. I've never found the ride that rough but the majority thinks other wise. And that digging by Zumanjaro's entrance was for the addition of light poles. There's a picture below from Greatadventurehistory.com of the footers for them. Hopefully this is the beginning of adding lights to the Golden Kingdom because it really needs them, especially in Kingda Ka's line.

772709300_GoldenKingdom.thumb.jpg.9065671ea285b40ec307a4b242cd9d95.jpg

That may have to do with what it's standing with in the park... As Chamg, it was T2, and a few other "not world class" coasters... At great adventure its standing with Kingda Ka, El Toro, and Nitro... That a tough group to stand up to...

^No, it is simply not good. It is rough and unpleasant

I think its a bit of both. Even when you take out KK and Toro, the other 4 B&Ms alone are miles better than Green Lantern: Batman is smooth and intense as hell, Superman is so smooth it is basically forceless save for the pretzel loop, Bizarro is a solid floorless with minimal headbanging if there is any at all & a wicked night ride when the effects are all on, and Nitro is amazing all around. GL is awkward right from the get go due to the standing, no matter how I position myself there is almost constant headbanging after the drop/first loop and my balls do not like the bicycle seat no matter how I try to straddle it. Add to this that the ride almost always has a decent line and it quickly become a big dud in an otherwise solid line up.

Maybe Green Lantern got rougher after being relocated. I've never found the ride that rough but the majority thinks other wise. And that digging by Zumanjaro's entrance was for the addition of light poles. There's a picture below from Greatadventurehistory.com of the footers for them. Hopefully this is the beginning of adding lights to the Golden Kingdom because it really needs them, especially in Kingda Ka's line.

This is great news... the lack of light in the Golden Kingdom is ridiculous at this point. They were setting themselves up for a lawsuit because someone was bound to fall and hurt themselves because you can't see anything.

^While I don't love it, I feel I do like it more than almost everyone. In my visit last year I got just as many rides as I did on the other B&Ms. The roughness is a bit nasty but if you sit closer to the front it's not that bad and I honestly enjoy the standing up experience, even if it may be a bit hard on your legs.

The cheap looking entrance doesn't bother me so much in that pic as does the LOCKERS! LOCKERS! LOCKERS! LOCKERS!

edit: LOL I forgot that was going to happen. ^

Anyways, roud to say Ive been to SFGAdv 8 times (and SFA 1x) this season and not once have I paid for a locker.

The cheap looking entrance doesn't bother me so much in that pic as does the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo! fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo! fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo! fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo!

Anyways, roud to say Ive been to SFGAdv 8 times (and SFA 1x) this season and not once have I paid for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

Well, the good thing about SFA is all their rides have bins.

I'm going to GADV tomorrow from 11 to midnight. Locals/frequent visitors: What kind of crowds might I expect? How are the mazes and are they extra charge ? I see that there is a "pitch black" haunted house. I love these ! Is this one any good?

Also wondering if any of the major attractions are in refurbishment or closed ?

I'm going to GADV tomorrow from 11 to midnight. Locals/frequent visitors: What kind of crowds might I expect? How are the mazes and are they extra charge ? I see that there is a "pitch black" haunted house. I love these ! Is this one any good?

Lines will be unimaginably awful (possibly between 2 and 3 hours the major coasters). We're going too but we're absolutely getting a Flash Pass.

The good news is that all attractions should be open except the water rides. I can't help you with the haunted attractions unfortunately but I can tell you that they're pretty much all an additional charge.

Get a flash pass. With the amazing weather expected for tomorrow plus fright fest I wouldn't be surprised if lines are over 2 hours.

Fright Fest haunts are EXTRA $$$$$$. Lines should be huge. its Saturday. Buy Flash Pass

Thanks for the help guys.

FlashPass it is. Im getting there right at park opening I should be able to snag a regular one. I have yet to ride Zumanjaro, Green Lantern or the indoor mouse so I guess my only chance is to get one.

I just found out a wristband for the mazes is 15.00 with a season pass, 18.00 without.

Has anyone done "Total Darkness"? yet?

Get a flash pass. With the amazing weather expected for tomorrow plus fright fest I wouldn't be surprised if lines are over 2 hours.

Agreed....huge crowds/big lines- busiest part of the year!

The cheap looking entrance doesn't bother me so much in that pic as does the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo! fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo! fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo! fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo!

Anyways, roud to say Ive been to SFGAdv 8 times (and SFA 1x) this season and not once have I paid for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

Slightly off topic...but what's the origin of this joke on TPR?

^There is no joke. When Six Flags implemented their storage policy a few years ago, the bitching about it was out of control. A word filter was created so the proprietors of the site and the moderators could at least get a laugh out of everyone bitching about a friggin dollar.

Edited by larrygator

Just got back from Great Adventure for my first time in several years, as with any trip to Six Flags it had its ups and downs.

At 1pm the park was insanely crowded so Jess and I picked up a regular q bot. We did every coaster besides El Toro, which is ok as I have had my fill over the years. Green Lantern and Dark Knight were new to me. I was pleasantly surprised by Dark Knight, more theming than I expected. GL was painful on the legs but I enjoyed its layout. My favorite coaster in the park has been Nitro, and it did not dissapoint years later, Still one of the better speed coasters in my opinion. BTR still rides nicely, All of Bizarro's special effects work. I was impressed she still runs fairly smooth. Dispatcher at bizarro recognized our banshee shirts, maybe you post in this thread here?

I did Kingda Ka once, encountered the rudest ride op I have ever seen on the industry Couldn't help but be nasty over the p.a. To guests, it was a little surprising and definitely dissapointing. I do understand how obnoxious guests can be at the park but damn, she was a bad employee.

Zumanjaro was awesome, we waited about an hour. Zumanjaro is definitely my new favorite drop ride, the sounds it makes are really cool I might add. (The alarm horns for when it falls , clearly for safety reasons)We tried to use single rider to make the line go faster but everybody does it and the line goes slower if you wait in single rider. Next time I will just wait on the regular queue. Some people attempted to line cut , but I never let them by. Surprised at how few times I WASNT line jumped today , it was terrible years ago. We splurged the 30 bucks for admission to all 6 night mazes and included front of the line pass. I will share my opinion of the mazes from best to worst, minimal spoilers....

1: Wasteland, best props and setting

2: The Manor, short but best scares

3: Voodoo Island, awesome costumes and fire!

4:The Asylum, actors were amazing, wasn't expecting the poop room

5: Crop Circles, only good part is slender man at the end

6: Total Darkness, they should have called it kind of darkness... I understand it was a sensory maze... The only props were two empty coke bottles and a churro wrapper inside. The glow stick is too big and bright so you can totally see where you are going an the actors little scare nests. We went through with some media gals covering haunts , try said it was much better last year .

image.thumb.jpg.7cc22bbd39b08953a45c2f82a2f5aaf4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d20e3e59422f7fafb090d78846f7426b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.52fd563bee2715ab252ac0620d60420b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c3f6512cdbebf8df9b6e4fa5b290c25c.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.be2d9d8e0281ac8a03882fa6711d82bc.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.ef870ea70cb36535ab5fb197ef3aadd8.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d0f9145f30f0738874a16bcc8591f0cb.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.7107c78fa50b98c98ad2a2fdfd3de8e1.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.535c0ed5811429ce4fb00038d00d46ce.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.662a06f38f7e78e679df18eeac022a91.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.a5bfeab004409d22789b914c1ebd8fb0.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.04ccfaeb4039e8278dfa4ac2efb4332c.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e925a99f3f79261d85eb760a78153ea4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.944d5b3a33b6e431dcf03f022f289796.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.a1a194d362200aed2a4a51f20e2ac5cc.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.16fc1bdf3049a10f9e6932a188ffd9ed.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.067d6a94abceef08c4a1f768150cea1d.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.98e0e11d6c2a5832c229d0db736f26e1.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.a545bb89cbba11676d3da2a85cc247c5.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.98ec9ca567337f7eafa6a9ebf9f7d396.jpg

image.jpg.e1524e3bd20d88d4658e2e0a8bdd36af.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.7fbdc9e697889c2200dd31b5b699a7c6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.19abe8f37daee9c2d09eff0bcceee426.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e460a59b35b14fd7c1ece871e26df761.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5e85d5ce40652f73e3db4c1092eec804.jpg

Edited by ECZenith

It's hit or miss with me for Bizarro(sfne) and El toro size wise. Test seats say I can ride at both rides, but sometimes in the station I get walk of shamed if the ops aren't willing to give me an extra push. Rather than be embarrassed I just don't ride it anymore . It's frustrating (I can ride any B&M )but as a former ride op for Disney I understand and don't complain to the park because that's the last thing they want to hear on a busy Saturday.

I've gained some weight, it's my responsibility to lose it if I want to ride some of these Intamins again. I have been taking weight off recently so by spring maybe I can go on my favorite coaster at my home park (sfne bizarro) every time and not just after being squished in if a kind op is willing to push.

As for missing El toro , I have wicked cyclone to look forward to this spring an hour from home!

6: Total Darkness, they should have called it kind of darkness... I understand it was a sensory maze... The only props were two empty coke bottles and a churro wrapper inside. The glow stick is too big and bright so you can totally see where you are going an the actors little scare nests. We went through with some media gals covering haunts , try said it was much better last year .

It seems like Total Darkness is the worst maze at every Six Flags. At SFSTL they don't give you a glowstick, but it still is a horrible maze. Cool concept, horribly done.

It seems like Total Darkness is the worst maze at every Six Flags. At SFSTL they don't give you a glowstick, but it still is a horrible maze. Cool concept, horribly done.

I beg to differ. SFMM's is really good.