TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

A Message from John Fitzgerald, President of Six Flags Great Adventure

Dear Valued Season Pass Holder,

Let me begin by stating how important you are to us at Six Flags. If you visited the park this past Sunday, September 14th, you probably did not have a great experience. We had a power failure at 1:20 PM, which forced us to shut down about half of our rides for the remainder of the day. The power outage also impacted Food, Retail, and Game locations throughout the park. A transformer owned and operated by the power company failed, causing the outage. But you are our valued Guest; and as such, Sunday was to be a celebration of your patronage. A bring-a-friend-free coupon was valid for all Season Pass holders this past weekend. It rained all day Saturday and the power outage followed on Sunday. To make matters worse, three traffic accidents occurred on I-195, which caused significant delays in leaving the park. I do personally apologize for the inconvenience.

Sunday's experience is not the impression of the 2014 season that we want to leave you with. We would like for you to visit again during Fright Fest. This is my favorite event of the year with "Thrills by day" and "Fright by night"! Follow the instructions below to redeem your free ticket. Fright Fest operating hours on October 3 and October 10 are from 5:30 p.m. – midnight.

Once again please accept my apologies for this past Sunday and I look forward to seeing you during Fright Fest.

All the best,

John

These were originally both BAF for (I think) $19.99 days, and now they made them free. They are both Friday nights if I'm not mistaken.

Haha my bro-in-law got one too and he's got a membership. Funny thing about it, he pointed out at the bottom of both of our emails it says

"This email was sent because you are a Six Flags Great Adventure Pass Holder or Member who visited on September 14, 2014."

BUT we weren't at GAdv on the 14th, we were at SFA, lol.

Haha my bro-in-law got one too and he's got a membership. Funny thing about it, he pointed out at the bottom of both of our emails it says

"This email was sent because you are a Six Flags Great Adventure Pass Holder or Member who visited on September 14, 2014."

BUT we weren't at GAdv on the 14th, we were at SFA, lol.

That makes sense... they probably just pulled the wrong email list and screwed up the dynamic fields. They probably confused it with the similar email they send everyone that visits Six Flags America that starts out much the same way...

Dear Valued Season Pass Holder,

If you visited Six Flags America, you probably did not have a great experience.

Sunday's experience is not the impression of the 2014 season that we want to leave you with. We would like for you to visit Six Flags Great Adventure during Fright Fest. Follow the instructions below to redeem your free ticket. Fright Fest operating hours on October 3 and October 10 are from 5:30 p.m. – midnight.

I can see how this caused some confusion with the marketing team.

Heading to the park today anyone know how the crowds are? (I'm guessing light in the beginning of the day then crowded later since its the first day of fright fest).

It's sat and it's fright fest. Park should be packed.

Agreed. Ride as many rides as you can early in the day before things get crazy.

I find it interesting that when Green Lantern was Chang at SFKK it received so much praise and everyone seemed to love it, and now that its at SFGAd everyone seems to hate it and says its a horrible Coaster. I have never ridden it at either Park so I cant speak from experience, but what is different about it now that makes it a horrible Coaster?