TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

It's pretty amazing to see how one person guesses the state of NJ didn't approve it, then everyone just flat out assumes the same thing and then becomes upset that the state didn't approve batman backwards, even though six flags never said that it was gonna happen anyway. You can't make up situations then get upset and treat them as reality.

1993 backwards has nothing to do with a ring of fire.

When did he say it had anything to do with a ring of fire?

I think his point was that Six Flags came pretty close to saying flat-out that Namtab was coming (via the clues, because obviously 1993 had nothing to do with what's thus far been announced). I would like to experience it but honestly, if it doesn't come, I wouldn't be THAT disappointed. I've read nothing but bad things about it, head banging/whiplash/nausea etc.

They did Batman backwards at SF Great America a couple of years ago, and I didn't care for it. An inverted B&M really wasn't meant to go backwards. But who knows? Maybe SF Great Adventure WILL ride it backwards next season, but for a limited time and make an announcement closer to when that happens.

And that was very clear, I understand what he wrote. My issue with his post was that he claims it is no longer happening because state regulators putting the kibbosh on it. That is pure speculation, and people are assuming it is fact.

Yeah that's pretty dumb, I guess people just want another reason to rag on the NJ state government. As if another reason was needed.

I kind of hope we don't get Batman backwards to be honest... it's already one of the best rides in the park. It doesn't need any dumb gimmicks.

That's just my opinion though.

I agree with you in both respects but it's a gimmick I'd really like to try.

I kind of hope we don't get Batman backwards to be honest... it's already one of the best rides in the park. It doesn't need any dumb gimmicks.

That's just my opinion though.

I agree with you in both respects but it's a gimmick I'd really like to try.

This is exactly how I feel. Plus, it would be nice to get something interesting besides than that crappy ring of fire.

Went to the park last night after work. Got there around 6pm. Crowds were extremely light.

Ride count:

El Toro: 1x (walk on)

Zumanjaro: 1x (two-cycle wait, 5 min)

Kingda Ka: 1x (walk on, two cycles for 2nd row)

Sky Screamer: 1x (one-cycle wait, 5 min)

Batman: 1x (walk on)

Nitro: 2x (walk on, re-rode with no wait in back)

Skull Mountain: 1x (walk on, back row)

Ate dinner at the park with the dining pass, as well. That, the ride count, plus gentle meandering around the paths with the girlfriend made it a nice night.

What are your thoughts on a Battle for Metropolis style ride... coming to SFGAdv in the area where B&R: The Chiller used to be? Would be a nice opportunity to give a nod to the attraction that used to one be there by using both characters somehow.

I'd rather a new coaster in 2016, but if those dark rides are a hit in OT and StL then I'd be all for one.

Edited by Genx24

After visiting the park last night and spending some time in the Golden Kingdom, I'm actually excited for the placement of this ride. I think it'll bring some much needed color and light to the area, especially at night.

The park was empty today, nothing was more than a 5 minute wait. It was my first visit to the park this year where Zumanjaro was running and the ride was a lot of fun. The drop was less intense than I was expecting. Superman was closed with a crane near the ride.

^^IF it's a gearbox failure then that would explain why the crane is there.

I want to stress that I have no clue what's wrong with it as I'm no expert but it really does seem like some type of issue in that area based on the pictures.

^ I wish they would take Superman or Green Lantern (In a perfect world both of them) and melt them down into a fine liquid paste. Thats my opinion on mediocre B&M's but pay no mind to me.

I agree with you about Green Lantern. Superman though is a decent ride. We rarely ride it because of the insane line it gets but if we ever see a manageable wait for it we take a ride. It's not in the same league as some other B&M flyers like Tatsu or Manta but it can be fun.

Even if you hate the ride though it serves a very important purpose and that's to draw unimaginably long lines every day and keep people away from the better rides. For some reason this ride always has the longest or one of the longest lines in the park.

I agree with you about Green Lantern. Superman though is a decent ride. We rarely ride it because of the insane line it gets but if we ever see a manageable wait for it we take a ride. It's not in the same league as some other B&M flyers like Tatsu or Manta but it can be fun.

Even if you hate the ride though it serves a very important purpose and that's to draw unimaginably long lines every day and keep people away from the better rides. For some reason this ride always has the longest or one of the longest lines in the park.

Sounds like I should consider my self lucky that I have only waited 20-30 minutes every time I have ridden S:UF......

I haven't done any other flyers but I freaking love S:UF. Not enough to wait an hour for it. The only times I've done it this year is when we had FP or at Coasters After Dark when the front row was a walk on. Lantern sucks.

Looks like I'm in the minority. I hate Supes and enjoy Green Lantern.

I was on the Supes ops crew opening year and quickly grew tired of it, though the nightly loose article hunt sure was fun. We found more shattered phones than you would believe under the pretzel loop.

So myself and some amigos were planning on going to the ACE/Fairgrounds private event jawn this Saturday night @ the park but according to every forecast I can find its gonna thunderstorm all night so thats out.

Curious if you guys think this Sunday morning would be a quiet time to hit up the park? I am majorly itching for some Toro.

I know its a bring-a-friend-free day BUT with it being after Labor Day and school back in session, and an Eagles game @ 1 on Sunday I thought it might be quiet. Anyone have any experience doing Sept sundays in the past? Should I not bother? Id like to avoid spending the $$$ on a FP but even a few early morning spins on the bull (and maybe Nitro )would be enough for me.

^^IF it's a gearbox failure then that would explain why the crane is there.

I want to stress that I have no clue what's wrong with it as I'm no expert but it really does seem like some type of issue in that area based on the pictures.

^ I wish they would take Superman or Green Lantern (In a perfect world both of them) and melt them down into a fine liquid paste. Thats my opinion on mediocre B&M's but pay no mind to me.

Thats why I said in a perfect world . No but seriously Superman does serve a ver important purpose in crowd ratio. Flying Coasters are the kings of the gimmicky coaster. Have you ever walked along in the parking lot and watched the GP gape at Superman?

Flying Coasters are the kings of the gimmicky coaster.

I personally think that stand-ups are kings of the gimmicky coasters.

Flyers are an awkward concept in terms of dispatches and rider throughput; but they do provide a unique and pleasant sensation (at least until the "crushing your balls while you dangle for 15 minutes in the final brake run" part).

Stand-ups are just a weird idea that some coked up executive had in the 80's.

So myself and some amigos were planning on going to the ACE/Fairgrounds private event jawn this Saturday night @ the park but according to every forecast I can find its gonna thunderstorm all night so thats out.

Curious if you guys think this Sunday morning would be a quiet time to hit up the park? I am majorly itching for some Toro.

I know its a bring-a-friend-free day BUT with it being after Labor Day and school back in session, and an Eagles game @ 1 on Sunday I thought it might be quiet. Anyone have any experience doing Sept sundays in the past? Should I not bother? Id like to avoid spending the $$$ on a FP but even a few early morning spins on the bull (and maybe Nitro )would be enough for me.

I said the same thing to myself when I visited the park the same time last year. I saw some of the longest lines I've ever seen on a Sunday September 2013 visit also with a BAFF offer. I'm talking Buccaneer having a full queue line, El Toro wrapped around to the bridge to Bizarro, and Nitro wrapped halfway to Batman. If you do plan on going, buy the Flash Pass, and do it early, because I have a feeling they're going to go pretty quickly.

Ugh.

After I posted this I was thinking and we actually went on the 3rd Saturday of September last year from 10:30 til about 5 and it was a beautiful day and it wasn't too bad compared to the crazy busy days I've seen this year. We didn't get a FP that day and I think just about everything was around a 10-20 minute wait, except for KK which was like 45 minutes. I was hoping a Sunday might be even better with crowds. I don't know if it was a BAFF day when we went last yr. I think we'll still go but if what you say is true I'll likely be grudgingly waiting in that FP queue. :/