TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I don't mind being called a SFGAdv fanboy but I'm NOT and never will be from Jersey LOL. (Philadelphians take great offense to that haha)

I apologize, you are TOTALLY right! (Jersey is America's armpit!)

So is Philly, take it from a New Yorker .

And as a New Yorker you no doubt know how passionate Philadelphians deal with shittalkers.

Jokes, people!

I think that these Super Loop rides going to parks like Great Adventure look like a lot of fun, and I'm glad they're getting them, but I'm not a fan of calling them roller coasters, since they really aren't. I understand that it's a marketing thing, and they do have coaster-like characteristics, but still... .

Although I am not happy about this addition, and refuse to label it as a roller coaster, I truly hope that they are planning on spending a serious amount of money this upcoming season on upgrading infrastructure and beautifying the park. That, plus the addition of something substantial next season will allow me to forgive them for this mediocre at best addition.

Do we have any idea exactly where the ride is going?

My favorite thing about Jersey is that I can leave it and come back home to Philly haha!

The area near NYC and Camden are gross. Where i live its pretty. Forests, wildlife, hiking, kayaking. South>North.

LOL I don't really have an issue with Jersey. At least not personally. Living in Philly my whole life you just get used to talking crap on Jersey and those who come from there, its just like part of our thing I guess. Philadelphians are just shit talkers in general haha. My folks moved to Wildwood a decade ago and live there year round so I'm in Jersey now more than ever.

Let's just cut to the chase: everyone in the Northeast hates everyone else.

Yeah, especially those 'Wicked' people from Boston! Seriously, doesn't everyone outside of Massachusetts make fun of those people for using that word too much and now they have a coaster named it. Awesome!

But back to SFGAd...Yeah if this is at least the first step in opening that path up from El Toro to Ka/Zumanjaro and putting more rides/attractions/infrastructure along there in the future it's okay.

I think we're getting better with time, a couple of the worlds level disasters/crisis and we seem to be a little kinder to each other...

I would love to see the pathway between El Toro and Kingda Ka open for this ride... But we all know it's stupidly not likely...

C'mon. Now they're simply adding sick heights to Carnival rides? What's with the "tallest" obsession Six Flags GA? I wish SFGA had a height limit like some of the parks in Europe, that way they'd be forced to incorporate more interesting/themed rides and less of these "X-treme" torture devices (oh, SFGA is my home park, btw).

Were we expecting this kind of ride cause this really took me by surprise. I was expecting some other flat ride. It just seems kind of 90's to me.

Six Flags had been giving clues and hints towards something loop-ish. The larson giant loop idea started floating around for the past week.

I'll be honest that I dismissed the idea at first. But hey, at least it's not a parking lot coaster.

This counts as a coaster??? it looks like an oversized Ring of Fire you see at carnivals and county fairs. And Six Flags is getting four of these? I can understand Six Flags America getting one of these, but SF Great Adventure? One of Six Flags crown jewel parks? I guess Six Flags needs to balance out the awesome rides some parks are getting next year. Great Adventure didn't really need to add anything though - look at all they have!

This counts as a coaster??? it looks like an oversized Ring of Fire you see at carnivals and county fairs. And Six Flags is getting four of these? I can understand Six Flags America getting one of these, but SF Great Adventure? One of Six Flags crown jewel parks? I guess Six Flags needs to balance out the awesome rides some parks are getting next year. Great Adventure didn't really need to add anything though - look at all they have!

I told ya man, I'm glad you had a great experience, like I did at SF:MM but trust the yearly goer...park sucks.

I really am a bit miffed this is the sorry excuse for a new ride we are getting, but can't even be surprised.

Also, I had a horrific thought: What would the waits be like for this?? Unless it just does like 2 or 3 loops..oi

^Maybe. They actually aren't that bed, but I don't think they need four. As well as it has good theming (looks like it's surrounded by water in that remdering - or maybe it's just concrete), I think it can actually be not half bad.

I know Great Adventure is a larger park and has priority over the smaller parks, but I really think we should count our blessings. Just think of Great Escape - I feel bad for those that have that as their home park. It seems like they NEVER get anything good.

It's been about an entire year since the park announced that they were removing their beloved, 30+ year old Rolling Thunder. Since then, I've been hoping since then that they would have enough common sense to eventually let us have a new wooden coaster to fill in the gap (metaphorically AND literally) left by Rolling Thunder. Maybe just a compact GCI-esque thing that could appeal to children and adults alike, that's all. Instead, sitting in RT's old spot next year is something that isn't even widely considered as a legit roller coaster at all.

I suppose I shouldn't be TOO picky, however. I find it interesting that the ride we're getting is a very unique not usually seen outside of carnivals. The fact that people are debating whether or not this is a real coaster certainly shows how unique it is. I'll still be willing to ride this when it does open, which by the way, has absolutely no reason NOT to be running by opening day. If the same park could get a hyper coaster like Nitro running in time for an April opening, there's no excuse why this little carnival ride shouldn't be.

^That's right. It BETTER be running on opening day. I mean it's like four track segments right? If a carnival can get it up in about a day (probably less, actually), they should be able to get it up with the time of the off-season.

On a side point, the construction actually seems to be going smoothly and starting early - think Cyclone (they are installing track today), so that gives me hope that they will get all or most of their rides running early.