TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Well judging by the GPs comments on the parks FB post about it, they aren't fooled by this "coaster" marketing sham either.

So you're saying the GP got something right?!

I'm glad they are filling the spot of Rolling Thunder, but this does nothing to help the crowd balancing of the park. I'm still holding out for a "lake" coaster (assuming Jackson township loses the stick in their butt)

I believe the ride is taking the place of the old Balin's Jungle in the Golden Kingdom, not Rolling Thunder's spot. The press release says, "Looping Dragon joins the park’s Golden Kingdom section, which is home to the world’s tallest and fastest drop ride, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, and the world’s tallest and fastest roller coaster, Kingda Ka." https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/looping-dragon/news-release I'm guessing the path between the Golden Kingdom and Plaza del Carnival will reopen.

And the park is calling it a coaster but it definitely seems more like a flat ride to me.

I'm guessing the path between the Golden Kingdom and Plaza del Carnival will reopen.

If that's the case then I love this addition. I feel like it's going over by Zumanjaro though based on these images from Great Adventure History. Sure it's not major construction but otherwise what are they doing?

^I'll ask management where it's going exactly to confirm.

*Edit* I was just told the ride is being placed near where Rolling Thunder's last turn into the break run was. There should be a path open back to Plaza Del Carnival but not the old path and possibly a new one.

Definitely not a "roller coaster" in any true sense of the word, but I believe it is Larson's fault, as they advertise the ride as a "compact roller coaster." It is a flat, without a doubt. I think it's a tad deceptive to call it otherwise.

What about the other announcements? Are they just waiting on those? Or were fake clues included with the real ones as red herrings? Also, who wrote that press release? There is nothing unique about this ride at all, as four of these are being installed at the same time across different parks, not to mention the ones that already exist.

It is really sad that Six Flags has decided to try and trick the GP into thinking these Larsen Loops are roller coasters. Each park is saying its their 10th or 13th etc coaster which is just a flat out lie. Its also a pretty lousy addition for such big parka seeing how these are all too common at fairs and field days. Pretty pathetic for the marketing team to use such dirty tricks. But I have seen plenty of people commenting that it is not a coaster so there is some hope. Kind of a down year compared to last year.

It is really sad that Six Flags has decided to try and trick the GP into thinking these Larsen Loops are roller coasters. Each park is saying its their 10th or 13th etc coaster which is just a flat out lie. Its also a pretty lousy addition for such big parka seeing how these are all too common at fairs and field days. Pretty pathetic for the marketing team to use such dirty tricks. But I have seen plenty of people commenting that it is not a coaster so there is some hope. Kind of a down year compared to last year.

There are a lot of flat rides similar to fair rides. However, these look higher quality than your average fair Super Loop

If this gets us a smarter way to get from Toro to Ka, then I'm all for it honestly. I don't know why people care so much that they're calling it a coaster. It doesn't change anything about the ride itself, it's their park, they can call it whatever they want. CP called their Disk O a new coaster, that's even more ridiculous than this IMO. Of course, there's a lot of rides I would rather they have picked, and the new path is not guaranteed yet. But my expectations for this park are pretty low. Like really low. So I'm keeping positive for now. I love how much shrubbery and greenery there is in the rendering, hopefully that's not just an "artistic interpretation" and that's actually close to what it'll look like, sure will be a lot prettier than a pile of rotting white wood.

Can't wait for Backwards Looping Dragon in 2016.

LOL

Yeah looking at where RT's final turn was (re: Ryan's post) on Google maps, it's pretty obvious where this is going and how it'll be connected to where the Golden Kingdom already is. I'm putting a lot of money on them not fixing any infrastructure problems this year, AGAIN. I sincerely doubt they're building a new path from there to Plaza Del Carnival, alongside the old one, keeping the old one abandoned. It would have to be pretty long, that doesn't make any sense. They're not in the habit of fixing things at this park. Until I see proof, I'll assume this will just be one more attraction serviced by that dreadful bottle neck near the top spin.

Edited by neil009

Can't wait for Backwards Looping Dragon in 2016.

LOL

Yeah looking at where RT's final turn was (re: Ryan's post) on Google maps, it's pretty obvious where this is going and how it'll be connected to where the Golden Kingdom already is. I'm putting a lot of money on them not fixing any infrastructure problems this year, AGAIN. I sincerely doubt they're building a new path from there to Plaza Del Carnival, alongside the old one, keeping the old one abandoned. It would have to be pretty long, that doesn't make any sense. They're not in the habit of fixing things at this park. Until I see proof, I'll assume this will just be one more attraction serviced by that dreadful bottle neck near the top spin.

im pretty sure they wont be fixing infrastructure problems, especially when you can get a gold SP for $61.99.

someone will have to explain to me why Six Flags thinks this type of carnival ride will have any real staying power in the park, not to mention the capacity issues.

yeah, I know it's cheap, and can be marketed as a new coaster and probably will make its money back quickly -- but it looks cheap and it will have zero long-term lasting power.

There are just so many things wrong with this rendering:

Seeing this for the first time made coffee squirt out my nose.

Lets see, airbrushed non-existent trees, 150ft rendering of a 70ft ride, compacted el toro layout (notice the awkwardness of the turnaround). This is SF marketing at its finest!

^Seeing your username made me think they should've built interlocking versions of these and called them Lightning Loops Strike Back or something silly like that at least for old times' sake. You would probably have to load the upper one just as high as the original too.

For a park that's removed more rides than it's added in the past 10 years, would've at least like the Premier version of skywheel, even if it was a clone.