TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

So decided for a quick stop at the park tonight:

- arrived at 7pm.....and saw (what I thought) a packed parking lot (that IMO when I see rows of cars next to the Kingda Ka parking lot, turns out, the parking lot wasn't full

- first stop, Ka (Zum wasn't open).....10 minute wait/2 cars running (the 3rd was on the left-hand side of the track)

- El Toro, walk on

- Log Flume, walk on (figured why not jump on it?)

- Skyride.....skipped it (looked like a 15-20 minute wait)

- Skull Mountain, walk on (half the cars were empty, they were running 2 tonight)

- Batman, 10 minute wait (only one car was running)

- Nitro, walk on (car B, smooth, and always great at night!)

- Skyride to....Bizarro, walk on (2 cars running, thankfully not 3!)

- back to El Toro, walk on

- Superman, 5 minute wait for the front seat

Great weather, and loved the fact that I basically had a Flash Pass, less the Flash Pass tonight!

What are sundays in august like.

I could possibly go tomorrow and I was wondering if it what you guys think the crowds will be like.

I went on a sunday in july and it was pretty much dead, ka and zumie only had a 30 min wait and everything else was a walk on.

I also have a friend who we might be bringing who is a little scared of the big rides. what is the best ride order so that he doesn't get too scared to ride the even bigger ones?

thanks!

^If your friend is afraid of big rides, then GAdv isn't the park for him. As for crowds, it depends in what time of day you're going. From opening til about 3:30 the park will be manageable, but crowded, with the crowds starting to thin out around 4-4:30.

Any word as to why Zumanjaro has been down? Hopefully it isn't for the rest of the year; I've skipped riding it the past couple of times at the park so I'm itching to get my fix.

I have seen a few posts on another forum saying they have been having power problems for zumanjaro. I hope it stays closed the rest of the year and Ka can get back to normal capacity.

Congratulations Six Flags, you've done the impossible: having people hope that your new ride stays closed the rest of its opening season.

You know what, I'm gonna throw this out there: was Zumanjaro really that good an addition? It's a low-capacity, high intensity thrill ride that replaced a high-capacity family ride. It had to go in a rather remote, awkward location in the park. A shorter but higher-capacity drop tower could've gone in a much smarter, more central area, and a family ride could've gone in RT's spot, which would make sense especially considering it sits between Ka and Toro.

I haven't been on it yet, and I am excited at the idea of getting to ride the world's tallest drop tower, but if the world's tallest sky screamer was any indication I won't be any more scared at 400 feet than I am at 200 feet, and I'm just wondering if Zumanjaro was really the smartest choice they could've made for the future of the park.

Zumanjaro is a great ride, but it's not worth what it did to Kingda Ka. Now if the park is busy you can only ride Kingda Ka first thing in the morning, at the end of the night because once Zumanjaro closes the ride can operate normally again or if Zumanjaro is broken down and has the flaps down (if it's broken with the flaps up Kingda Ka can't operate and has to wait for Zumanjaro to be fixed. This may not matter if the ride area is empty but if Zumanjaro breaks during normal operation Kingda Ka can't run.

Personally I'd rather they keep it closed until they can get the rides to operate together. The way it stands now I don't even want to think about how long Kingda Ka's line will be during Fright Fest. It may approach Gringots opening day territory.

I prefer Zumanjaro to Kingda Ka. It also has a lower height requirement so more people can ride it. The day we were there the crews were doing their best with a bad situation of only running one at a time. They were both really hustling and doing a great job.

I was talking about this before. Zumanjaro is a great ride, but its addition was a mistake. A free standing drop tower would have been wiser, but this is Six Flags; of course they didn't make the wise choice. As to personal preference, I too prefer Zumanjaro to Kingda Ka.

^I wouldn't call it mistake. But maybe they should have made sure that they could run both rides at the same time first. All in all, at SFMM it works just fine.

That's exactly why it is a mistake. GAdv assumed NJ would allow them to run both rides simultaneously. They should have done their homework some more, before rushing to slap the ride onto KK and then fighting with the state to get it open.

They could have just done a free standing Intamin drop tower or an S&S combo tower. Zumanjaro is just a big gimmick and I think the GP understands that too. If they got a free standing drop tower RT wouldn't have to be removed, Ka would have better capacity than it does now and said drop tower would probably have better capacity that Zumanjaro.

^I wouldn't call it mistake. But maybe they should have made sure that they could run both rides at the same time first. All in all, at SFMM it works just fine.

That's exactly why it is a mistake. GAdv assumed NJ would allow them to run both rides simultaneously. They should have done their homework some more, before rushing to slap the ride onto KK and then fighting with the state to get it open.

No its because NJ told them at the last second they couldn't do it. Its really silly since LLDD and Giant Drop operate just fine with no loose article incident, we also have Top Thrill Dragster with the midway right behind the tower, the que in the middle, and the midway going next to the launch area with again no incident. Its just NJ politics being corrupt as usually.

No its because NJ told them at the last second they couldn't do it. Its really silly since LLDD and Giant Drop operate just fine with no loose article incident, we also have Top Thrill Dragster with the midway right behind the tower, the que in the middle, and the midway going next to the launch area with again no incident. Its just NJ politics being corrupt as usually.

What do you expect from NJ and its Liberal excessive regulations. That's what NJ voters, vote for, over regulated and high taxes.

Wtf is the ghosts though... Bigger additions to fright fest?

It's Boo Berry. Well, more specifically, the way he looked on the original 1972 boxes of the cereal. 1972 was also the year the original plans for SFGAdv were conceived (though I think I'm reading too much into that as a clue...)

What do you expect from NJ and its Liberal excessive regulations. That's what NJ voters, vote for, over regulated and high taxes.

Oh I know its just that I didn't want to say that incase I offended someone (its very easy to do that nowadays)