TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'd love to see something like Tidal Force at Hershey. It adds to the thrill rides and water rides categories and guarantees getting wet unlike the Log Flume and Congo Rapids

We DID have that...it was called Movietown Water Effect, right next to Chiller. I highly doubt we'll see a ride just like it ever again.

^Could NJ approve those? Maybe. Could they approve dual Zumanjaro/Ka running? I hope so, but probably not. Just get Intamin to approve some freaking tough plexiglass on the sides and on the top meshes, and I see no reason why NJ wouldn't approve dual running. (although I hope Plexiglas isn't too intrusive...)

^Could NJ approve those? Maybe. Could they approve dual Zumanjaro/Ka running? I hope so, but probably not. Just get Intamin to approve some freaking tough plexiglass on the sides and on the top meshes, and I see no reason why NJ wouldn't approve dual running. (although I hope Plexiglas isn't too intrusive...)

I don't think plexiglass would be necessary. I think what they have on Intimidator at Carowinds should be fine

Mannnnn, for a weekday the park was freaking packed today. I guess bring-a-friend promo and one of the last nice days before school, but the lot was almost full when we got there @ 10:15. FP immediately upon entry so no worries but I haven't seen it that busy in a while. Felt like lots of camp/class trips. We got gold and our wait times were an hour most of the day on all the major rides. We just tried to do stuff with smaller lines while FP queuing for the big dogs. Tons of breakdowns, seemed like almost everything was down at one point or another (either according to our FP, and being told things were closed/down).

I'm too tired to write a bunch but I liked Zumanjaro today a lot more on my second ever ride. Other than issues with it breaking down twice while waiting in a FP line with 50 other people *eyeroll*, the ride was a lot of fun. The drop felt much longer this time.

Also I saw absolutely no red supports anywhere near Ka. I tried to get a peak down around the Old Country area from the lift of Nitro (I was on the right side back seat) and didn't see anything that might look like construction or whatever. I'll write more tomorrow. Roller Coaster weekend continues in Wildwood. Leaving bright and early in the morning...

I wouldn't mind all the small improvements like mentioned before (Ka's restraints, Zum/Ka running together). Although I still believe a water coaster would be perfect for the park these days. If we get nothing medium-major sized this year NEXT YEAR HAS TO BE IT. I know we're spoiled at this park but i'm losing my patience anyway.

We should keep in mind that SFMM got LLDOD and YOLOcoaster in consecutive years

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not pointing out any one person in specific, but I think we all need to accept the reality that SFGadv is not getting a coaster in 2015. And that is not a bad thing. SFGadv has made some very valuable non-coaster addition since Green Lantern in 2011, and I think one more year of that will be great for the park. If you want another so badly, go to SFNE next year or get excited for 2016.

We should keep in mind that SFMM got LLDOD and YOLOcoaster in consecutive years

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not pointing out any one person in specific, but I think we all need to accept the reality that SFGadv is not getting a coaster in 2015. And that is not a bad thing. SFGadv has made some very valuable non-coaster addition since Green Lantern in 2011, and I think one more year of that will be great for the park. If you want another so badly, go to SFNE next year or get excited for 2016.

Yes, I understand that we will most likely see some flats and some improvements in 2015. I'm just saying that it is entirely possible for SF to surprise us all with a coaster.

It would be cool if we got the reverse BTR for a part of the season next year. Six Flags has been rotating that around the parks and I think if we don't get a major ride, we should atleast get that.

That would be fantastic along with a new flat or two.

Just got back from our road trip (SFGAd, Dorney, Hershey) and thought I'd pop in to comment on a few things. I came in expecting the barrage of advertising, I'm a SFGAm regular. It didn't disgust me since I was ready for it. I still don't want Takis, Snickers, or some goofball hair gel (seriously who is that aimed at?) but what DID shock me: The Twix wrap on Twister. Absolutely grotesque. Worse than the Jersey Boys banner. I say that because to me the money shot of El Toro is right when you're about to get in line and you can't even see the banner from there. We also experienced unprecedented line jumping. The most blatant and plentiful I'd ever seen, as were the machine-gun fire F bombs. Is this normal there? Our great time wasn't affected really, but these things did stand out. We also got rained out by 4 pm Tuesday, boo.

On to the good (so you don't think I'm here to bitch about your park, I swear): There's a certain 6F park I'm going to mention again, the one with signs boasting that it is the cleanest theme park in North America. Welp. It never was of course, but its NJ sibling is definitely cleaner. Graffiti on theming and in ride cars? Not much. Gum all over everything? Here and there, but nothing compared to Great America. Cave entrance to B:TR smell like piss? Guess where it does. Dark Knight preshow not only working but being used! I'm not accustomed to such luxury. OK, done comparing.

El Toro was our first ride Monday! Being new, we couldn't find the fabled arcade shortcut but we still made it onto the 2nd or 3rd train since our season pass got us in a tad early. We were able to do three cycles before there was a line. Dammit you guys are lucky to have this monster, I'd ride it every day if I could!

Bizarro rode exactly as expected. Not mind-blowing but fun nonetheless. Talked to a great ride op who seemed to know a plethora of B&M floorless intimately and gave us a great comparison report. Turns out he likes Kumba better than Bizarro and Dominator slightly less. It gave a great night ride with the effects on.

I got a 1st train of the day ride on Ka Tuesday! I know, one prick Tony and all that, but it was my first ride and it was epic. I only needed it once for the credit and was pleasantly surprised, by the time I was on the brakes I wasn't sure what hit me. I left the ride with a grin.

Which quickly melted as my group dashed straight for the Zumanjaro entrance. I HATE drop rides. But I'll do what I gotta do, bite the bullet. My philosophy is once there are folks behind you in line there is no turning back, unless you don't mind doing the wussy walk. As expected, I almost left a cleaning job on that seat. Oh. My. God.

Between Ka and Zum we met some fantastic locals, not spitting swearing cutting gutterpunks but a real cool couple whom we traded park stories with, shared a laugh and took each other's photos. Disposition restored.

Nitro: Yes. B&M Hypers are my current favorite class of coaster and this one rivals Diamondback for my current favorite. Got a morning and a night ride.

Skull Mountain was a pleasant surprise. Night rides were better, no light leaks in the show building. Please though, get rid of the tacky Halloween decorations in there. I'd rather ride in pitch black or lasers & strobes than confront Mr. Pumkinhead and Mr. Skullyface. The first drop was surprising in the last car!

Great time, good park. F this and F that and F me and F you but please guys stop line jumping...

^Nice report. Yeah people (including myself) in the area curse left and right. It's bad. And was that op at Bizarro Brian by any chance? I've worked with him a bunch of times and he knows his stuff.

And how I see things is that GADV already has a great coaster line up. We could go another year or two without adding a new coaster. Instead, I think the park should just fill in the gaps and try and round out the flat ride collection. Even adding back in the shows the park has lost over the years would be beneficial. I don't think the park really needs something like an El Toro 2.0 right now haha Other Six Flags parks could use new coasters over GADV so I wouldn't have a problem with if we didn't get a coaster.

^Nice report. Yeah people (including myself) in the area curse left and right. It's bad. And was that op at Bizarro Brian by any chance? I've worked with him a bunch of times and he knows his stuff.

I do think his name tag said Brian! BTW were you working Monday/Tuesday?