TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I have a feeling it's going to be some coaster in the Rolling Thunder spot. Did we all really believe the "We have to remove RT to make space for the construction of Zumanjaro story"? I didn't think so. I could definitely see a coaster - this park hasn't gotten a big one in a long time!

If the park is building a new roller coaster, survey marks would be popping up and the forums would be all over it. I haven't heard anything about those. I see a coaster coming at Rolling Thunder's spot, but not next year.

Maybe they are not going to start doing survey markers until Aug 28th. Whats the big rush anyways. As long as the ride is open by the 4th of July

Six flags needs to pick their battles. Crowds of kids screaming F this, F that, running all over my lawn. Get off my lawn with your tweeters and instant grahams, this place isn't a family park. The amount of male phallaces drawn on walls and railing in line for the rides is worse than that shirt.

"Mommy what does that guys shirt mean?" "Son, it means he fought for this country so we can enjoy ourselves at this lovely park today." "Oh cool mommy, Whats that picture of a hot dog on wheels mean?"

The park needs to do a lot more to make the park "family friendly," but I'd rather the park give little effort like this than no effort at all.

Are the shirts that the park sells saying "Size matters", "We're so high", "My favorite position is upside down", and "I like it rough" offensive? Yes.

I'm more offended that those are the ONLY shirts that they sell. I just wanted a shirt with a simple "El Toro" logo or something, but I found literally nothing

Walking through the gift shops at a Six Flags park makes me feel like I've stepped into a real-life Idiocracy.

Are the shirts that the park sells saying "Size matters", "We're so high", "My favorite position is upside down", and "I like it rough" offensive? Yes.

I'm more offended that those are the ONLY shirts that they sell. I just wanted a shirt with a simple "El Toro" logo or something, but I found literally nothing

Walking through the gift shops at a Six Flags park makes me feel like I've stepped into a real-life Idiocracy.

The scary part is how well that crap sells.

A Mack or Intamin water coaster would fit nicely due to the fact our remaining water rides are from 1974 and 1981.

Why would they add a water ride in the park? This is Six Flags. If you want to get wet, gotta pay a separate admission to HH.

What about a Tsunami Soaker? It's a small fit, cheap addition and people at SFSTl, SFDK, and La Ronde seem to like this ride. Or they could just be REALLY cheap and just send in a set of flying scooters. I know some people haven't ridden these yet, because flying scooters is something everyone enjoys. It has a lot of thrills.

Edited by coasterchitchat

Ok so I found something very interesting for the clue. The dragon can be wing. The zero could be "o". And the water wheel could mean stir since it is spinning. Put all that together and you get "wing-o-stir". If you say it fast it kinda sounds like "wing coaster". Could this be what it means? Maybe six flags has something up it's sleeve

Ok so I found something very interesting for the clue. The dragon can be wing. The zero could be "o". And the water wheel could mean stir since it is spinning. Put all that together and you get "wing-o-stir". If you say it fast it kinda sounds like "wing coaster". Could this be what it means? Maybe six flags has something up it's sleeve

Did you read ElToro_Ryan's post? He said that the higher management told him that it's not a coaster!

Honestly, that's a problem at most parks (outside of Disney). I took my first trip to Cedar Point earlier this year and just wanted a nice retro park shirt or a Magnum XL-200 shirt but there were slim pickings. Most of the apparel were just designs straight out of the late 90s with useless coaster stats superimposed on top. At least Great Adventure's "suggestive" apparel looks like its from this century.

Did you read ElToro_Ryan's post? He said that the higher management told him that it's not a coaster!

I know but you never really know. There could still be a slight chance. I just found it interesting how it was interpreted and it does make some sense

Could it be that we could see a small flat & game package coming to either the RT section (closer to the station and leave the spot by the el toro lift for a future coaster) or the Chiller location? I could see the chiller section being the winner with the addition of Namtab!

I have seen survey markers on the trees behind Zumanjaro. I also noticed some red behind Toro while waiting on line for Zumanjaro. Not sure if they are supports or not though

It's not track. Red plastic traffic barriers. You can see the area clearly when approaching the parking booths.

Imagining and loving it.... But we won't get it... Although, a giga sized SkyRush would be a sick addition!!

I'm still hoping for the mid sized RMC near the lake, or then Intamin Blitz where chiller stood...

There isn't much room by the lake, and personally I'd much rather see that area overhauled with new stunt show, landscaping and maybe restaurant. It's the only area that has the original park's old charm.

But I'm with you 100% on a Blitz where Chiller was. That's my dream attraction for the park. A perfect fit to the lineup and proper replacement to Chiller.

We can now officially debunk any RMC coaster at Great Adventure until 2017. Iron Cyclone and Iron Colossus are pretty much in the books and a European park is getting Wildfire in 2016.

Being March 2014 when that info was released, and not knowing exactly how many coasters RMC can pump out with their new track plant, it is still reasonable that some park could order a small or medium RMC for 2016. In fact, between March and now, is is completely inconcievable that a park has ordered a small RMC for next year and the info has not been updated? I think that RMC could pull off something Wooden Warrior sized fairly quickly.

to be honest, I really don't want an rmc at great adventure.

What's the point when you have el toro in the same park?

the park could definitely use many other types of coasters over an rmc woodie.

even if its mild, it will probably have a steep drop, airtime, etc.

I think a very twisty gci like goldstriker would fill rolling thunder's spot perfectly.

and an intamin blitz where chiller was sounds perfect for the park

to be honest, I really don't want an rmc at great adventure.

What's the point when you have el toro in the same park?

the park could definitely use many other types of coasters over an rmc woodie.

even if its mild, it will probably have a steep drop, airtime, etc.

I think a very twisty gci like goldstriker would fill rolling thunder's spot perfectly.

and an intamin blitz where chiller was sounds perfect for the park

I love the idea of a Blitz or other LSM coaster.

As for RMC, what about a mid-sized RMC with a one or two (NO MORE THAN THAT) inversions and a ton of small airtime hills? It would be set apart fairly nicely from Toro, especially if it wasn't right next door.