TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I also hate how the news article brings in the fact that he's a veteran. He's not wearing a X Marine shirt for an FDNY or NYPD shirt it really has nothing to do with the military except for the fact that it has a gun on it... Don't use the fact that he's a veteran to make everyone else feel bad about the situation, he shouldn't of want it in the first place to the park

Can't say I blame Great Adventure on this one. The message on that shirt has no connection to the fact that he's a veteran.

Being a veteran doesn't give him special permission to violate the park's dress code. He clearly just wanted the attention from being "victimized" by Six Flags.

I don't get why people are defending SF, there is no reason that they shouldn't let a veteran wear a shirt raising that raises awareness and support for the military. Especially since they're in that country!!!!

^Because it is against park policy to wear a shirt like this. There really isn't much to discuss here. Let's not turn this into a veteran's or gun rights issues. He wore a shirt that was against park policy and refused to remove the shirt. The park asked him to leave.

I also hate how the news article brings in the fact that he's a veteran. He's not wearing a X Marine shirt for an FDNY or NYPD shirt it really has nothing to do with the military except for the fact that it has a gun on it... Don't use the fact that he's a veteran to make everyone else feel bad about the situation, he shouldn't of want it in the first place to the park

Agreed 100%

Yeah, the park made a good move here. And he says he never gets flack for wearing that shirt elsewhere, but I'm not gonna mess with someone wearing a shirt that says "Keep calm and return fire"

Saw this on Great Adventure's Twitter page. What could it mean?

Maybe the water wheel is a hint at an S&S free spin? SFGAd is a major US park, and the free spin is supposed to be going to a "major park".

I realize that and meant to say something to that effect in my post. I just don't see why they would re-develop a pretty small area they *just* re-developed

They didn't re-develop it. They laid some grass down. It was probably lumped into the cost of Zumanjaro and was negligible compared to the cost of the rest of the ride. And as far as re-developing that "small" area, never underestimate what a park has room for. Go to Blackpool, you'll see they've built some insanely HUGE rides in a fraction of the space.

And that area isn't as small as you think...

Robb, thank you for making the size of the area so clear! I get so worn out when people say RT area is too small for significant expansion when it very obviously is not!

I realize that and meant to say something to that effect in my post. I just don't see why they would re-develop a pretty small area they *just* re-developed

They didn't re-develop it. They laid some grass down. It was probably lumped into the cost of Zumanjaro and was negligible compared to the cost of the rest of the ride. And as far as re-developing that "small" area, never underestimate what a park has room for. Go to Blackpool, you'll see they've built some insanely HUGE rides in a fraction of the space.

And that area isn't as small as you think...

Agreed- I remember all the banter that there wasn't enough room for a 400+ roller coaster on that side of then park....hmmmmm! Same for one of the world's steepest, fastest wooden roller coasters- that one fit in kinda' nice!

My gut tells me that something will sit where Rolling Thunder once stood, along with the opening of Old Country once again.

Yeah, no. That shirt should definitely not be allowed in a family amusement park. It really isn't patriotic at all, it just promotes violence and war. Also, the fact that the guy started telling everybody he saw that "he was a Marine" and that "he should be allowed to wear a Marine shirt" just irks me. I thank everybody who served in the military, but they shouldn't be able to break rules just because they're a veteran.

Six flags needs to pick their battles. Crowds of kids screaming F this, F that, running all over my lawn. Get off my lawn with your tweeters and instant grahams, this place isn't a family park. The amount of male phallaces drawn on walls and railing in line for the rides is worse than that shirt.

"Mommy what does that guys shirt mean?" "Son, it means he fought for this country so we can enjoy ourselves at this lovely park today." "Oh cool mommy, Whats that picture of a hot dog on wheels mean?"

Six flags needs to pick their battles. Crowds of kids screaming F this, F that, running all over my lawn. Get off my lawn with your tweeters and instant grahams, this place isn't a family park. The amount of male phallaces drawn on walls and railing in line for the rides is worse than that shirt.

"Mommy what does that guys shirt mean?" "Son, it means he fought for this country so we can enjoy ourselves at this lovely park today." "Oh cool mommy, Whats that picture of a hot dog on wheels mean?"

I agree that the clientele of the park isn't the best that shirt doesn't mean he is a veteran. If he didn't say that he was a veteran no one would've guessed it.

Is the shirt a bit offensive? Yes.

Are the shirts that the park sells saying "Size matters", "We're so high", "My favorite position is upside down", and "I like it rough" offensive? Yes.

I got a shirt that says "This guy likes to ride" in huge text and "Coasters at Six Flags" in little text at the bottom. I didn't realize the innuendo until my friends started making fun of it. I decided to stop wearing the shirt for good when while wearing it to a grocery store, an old lady stopped me to tell me she thought it was hilarious.

Many people do underestimate the size of that land between Ka and Toro. Like Robb said look at parks like Blackpool and even Hershey. They've mastered fitting huge things into tiny spaces. I can't see Old Country coming back anytime soon although it would be nice. Thats all employee stuff back by Old Country now and I think they are happy with it being like that for the time being.

Old Country is reserved for Fright Fest. I also think the site is where the former Haunted Castle attraction was located. That area needs to be respected since the incident killed a dozen teenagers and nearly drove the park out of business. For now, Great Adventure is going to leave it like this. The park needs to add a new set of flats and a water ride. The old footprint of Rolling Thunder between Kingda Ka and El Toro is the perfect place to build them OR the Lake Front. A new coaster will not fit inside the Lake Front unless the Log Flume in Frontier Adventures is removed.

Rolling Thunder was removed to create room for a major expansion. It was technically in the way. We could see a new midway constructed from Kingda Ka to the base of Zumanjaro, a new roller coaster, animal exhibits, and a brand new Safari station. The name Zumanjaro was inspired from the Safari attraction. There's room behind Kingda Ka and the baboons in the safari is being relocated. It frees up space for two major roller coasters. A secondary path can be built to El Toro and Bizarro. Bizarro and Kingda Ka are located in dead ends and something needs to be done to help with the crowd flow, especially at Kingda Ka.

I have a feeling it's going to be some coaster in the Rolling Thunder spot. Did we all really believe the "We have to remove RT to make space for the construction of Zumanjaro story"? I didn't think so. I could definitely see a coaster - this park hasn't gotten a big one in a long time!

If the park is building a new roller coaster, survey marks would be popping up and the forums would be all over it. I haven't heard anything about those. I see a coaster coming at Rolling Thunder's spot, but not next year.

If it is going to be a flat package, please put something BIG... I feel like a giant frisbee would be a perfect fit for the park at this point!

We need a flat package. A new "War on Lines" would be good. The park installed 25 new rides back in 1999 and only a dozen remain there today. some of those still existing are SBNO.

I have a feeling it's going to be some coaster in the Rolling Thunder spot. Did we all really believe the "We have to remove RT to make space for the construction of Zumanjaro story"? I didn't think so. I could definitely see a coaster - this park hasn't gotten a big one in a long time!

If the park is building a new roller coaster, survey marks would be popping up and the forums would be all over it. I haven't heard anything about those. I see a coaster coming at Rolling Thunder's spot, but not next year.

Agreed. While I was working, I was told by a higher up that the new ride next year would not be a coaster. I've also heard rumors from other employees that the ride next year was originally slated to be a coaster but that plan was pushed back after Zumanjaro went over budget. Whether that's true, I'm not sure. The higher up did tell me that we would appreciate the new addition though