TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I don't see us getting anything of interest since we just got Zumanjaro and there isn't any visible construction anywhere.

I agree 100%. Probably another flat. But we need flats so it isn't too bad. As for SFMM they get coasters every year or every other year. Also SFGAm got X-Flight and Goliath. Even SFFT got Iron Rattler and if the rumor is true then they'll get another coaster this year. I definitely think as arguably the best park in the chain that we could use a few coasters

I mean, we have two giant spots in the park cleared and ready for construction. If you look at it that way, Six Flags is actually well ahead of the construction schedule they usually use. Plus, the ride wouldn't have to open until July anyway.

Very few other Six Flags parks have teased or have been hyping announcements. The only one that comes to mind is Fiesta Texas. That teasing and hyping sums up to, yes, a single balloon. Perhaps SF doesn't see pre-announcement as a significant marketing strategy and is just going to drop something big out of the clear blue. To be honest, I pushed back my trip to Holiday World because I knew they building a major new coaster. Perhaps they see hyping as a reason for people to wait until next season to come. Just my two cents.

So here I am on the west coast, all excited about my first trip to the park on Wednesday — and I read there's a 100% chance of rain/thunderstorms for Wednesday, not letting up until maybe later in the evening. My. Luck.

We have hotel and rental car reservations in Jackson for Tue-Wed, and hotel reservations in NYC (but no rental car) for Thursday through the weekend. I'd hate to let go/eat the reservations and spend extra money on picking another park day, especially if the rain isn't as bad as they say it will be. But I'd also feel like I was wasting money if there's nothing to ride, or the park closes early, should we chance it on Wednesday. And I rarely get over to the east coast.

Any NJ folk or park regulars have any advice on whether I should go on Wed or not? A separate rain/SFGAdv forum and other Internet anecdotes say all sorts of different things, but they all pretty much say that thunderstorms usually mean the coasters close and KK closes during any rain (or is too painful in even drizzle). Thanks!

Hope you made it to the park today.....my son was there tonight- just came home, and told me it was dead! The (11) rides he had on Zumajaro kinda' sums up how the crowd was tonight.....

I mean, we have two giant spots in the park cleared and ready for construction. If you look at it that way, Six Flags is actually well ahead of the construction schedule they usually use.

I know one of those is RT former spot, but what is the second giant spot you are referring to?

^Cedar Fair and SF have steered clear of these for some reason. SeaWorld parks are the only ones in the US with them. I've only been on JTA @ SWSD & SWSA and loved them both.

Edited by DJeXeL

I'm really surprised by so much speculation of a ride opening in that spot between Toro and Ka. I guess those who think that haven't been back in that area lately?

With the Zumanjaro queue back there they've completely filled it with either fresh, new grass or some sort of landscaping. I highly doubt they would have just spent the money to put all of that greenery there to rip it back up and put new rides in there. There is just not that much space back there unless they were to expand into the old safari entrance and that would require tree removal, the township always has huge issues with this. They have all of this potentially open/unused space in Old Country/Movie Town. Not to mention the lakefront could use some development.

I highly highly highly highly doubt anything is going between Toro/Zum/Ka.

I'd love it if we got another coaster but something tells me its just going to be a large new flat or package of small flats.

I'm really surprised by so much speculation of a ride opening in that spot between Toro and Ka. I guess those who think that haven't been back in that area lately?

With the Zumanjaro queue back there they've completely filled it with either fresh, new grass or some sort of landscaping. I highly doubt they would have just spent the money to put all of that greenery there to rip it back up and put new rides in there. There is just not that much space back there unless they were to expand into the old safari entrance and that would require tree removal, the township always has huge issues with this. They have all of this potentially open/unused space in Old Country/Movie Town. Not to mention the lakefront could use some development.

I'd love it if we got another coaster but something tells me its just going to be a large new flat or package of small flats.

Totally agree. Id like SFGadv to re theme the old country section and add a bunch of flat rides like the boardwalks have, and go crazy with lighting packages using LED lights. Also would like the park to add a good show to the park. Right now the park has nothing but crap.

I completely agree. I think when we do get another major coaster it's going to be either a Wingrider or something like Yolocoaster as they're the only things we're really missing that Six Flags has built elsewhere (We don't have a Rocky Mountain coaster but we don't need one since we have El Toro).

I know people keep saying we need a traditional style wood coaster but that would be tough to market when you have a wood coaster that's going to blow that new coaster away in every possible category. My money is on a Wingrider... and I'd love for it to be near Chiller's old spot (though Old Country being empty doesn't bother me as much as it bothers most people).

For next year I think we'll just get a flat, and if we're lucky some general improvements (hopefully they fix Nitro's C train and figure out a way to get Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro to run together). I'd love for Safari Adventures to become something new or for the Golden Kingdom path to re-open but I don't think that's going to happen.

With the Zumanjaro queue back there they've completely filled it with either fresh, new grass or some sort of landscaping. I highly doubt they would have just spent the money to put all of that greenery there to rip it back up and put new rides in there.

They had to landscape it a little bit because otherwise it would have just really looked like a mess. And remember, this is a GOOD Six Flags parks and they take care of things. And yes, I'm sure that whatever they put in that area will actually take some advantage of that landscaping so it will not all be lost.

There is just not that much space back there

Oh, but I can think of one or two things that would fit quite nicely in that space!

They had to landscape it a little bit because otherwise it would have just really looked like a mess.

I realize that and meant to say something to that effect in my post. I just don't see why they would re-develop a pretty small area they *just* re-developed, when they have the ripe-for-something areas like lakefront/old country/movie town.

I realize that and meant to say something to that effect in my post. I just don't see why they would re-develop a pretty small area they *just* re-developed

They didn't re-develop it. They laid some grass down. It was probably lumped into the cost of Zumanjaro and was negligible compared to the cost of the rest of the ride. And as far as re-developing that "small" area, never underestimate what a park has room for. Go to Blackpool, you'll see they've built some insanely HUGE rides in a fraction of the space.

And that area isn't as small as you think...

1.jpg.376889971230bb4f15642f193b3da825.jpg

2.jpg.aaa93f947ea52e66a3b164d83132e4f1.jpg

3.jpg.7ddf906ed9eb37153e7f7739d5b3e57f.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I supposed you are right about the size of the area. I still stand by my prediction that it will be elsewhere in the park and that area will remain mostly untouched.