TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Did Nitro run today? Will it run in 6 days (when I get there)? I need this credit, and I love B&M hypers to boot... fingers crossed so hard. I'd hate for it to be down on my first visit to SFGAdv, I had the Intimidator carpet yanked from under me at KD last year

As others have mentioned, it should be fine. I was there on Sunday with TPR and it was running really well. It did go down for a couple of hours at one point, but was running again in the evening.

Next week on Friday I am going to leave New York early in the morning. We are going to drive to Six Flags Great Adventure from Manhatten. I have been to this park twice. The last time I went was two summers ago and I thought it is an amazing park. It is in second place behind my number one park Cedar Point! I love Kingda Ka so much and I am planning on waiting to ride it in the front. I heard that with Zumanjaro the line is super slow. Should I hit up Kingda Ka first and then go to Zumanjaro or hit Zumanjaro or another ride first. I only got one ride on El Toro the last time I went and I loved it. But I wanna go ahead and try it in the last row if I get a chance. I heard something about Nitro having a bad train or something, can anyone tell me about that? I have all the credits in the park except for Superman which I have been on at Six Flags over Georgia. Should I ride that first? Will I be needing a fast pass?

So, my girlfriend and I decided to go to HH today for the first time this year. However, right before leaving we decided our season passes were nowhere to be found. After ripping apart the apartment they were nowhere to be found. Looking online we discovered there is a $20 fee to get a duplicate, which we found quite pricey. Depressed and determined to hit up HH, we made our way to the park.

Forgetting that we had free parking included in our membership, we had to cough up $25 for parking. We headed to guest relations, with expectations low. However, we were greeted by an extremely nice rep who was not only efficient, but waived the $20 fee for both passes and gave us a refund for the parking!

For all the hate the park receives, this experience was very refreshing, and I later noticed at HH the employees also seemed friendly and to move quickly. I was going to send the park an e-mail or something complimenting said employee, but I didn't get her name and I figure she definitely went against policy to satisfy us. Regardless, I hope to see her again and let them know they got a gem there.

Onto HH, the place was PACKED! We only got on one slide, and due to crowds and poor policy with the tubes, we were unable to get a tube at the lazy river after 20min of effort. It was literally a zoo at the lazy river. They need more staffing and better policy to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Also, they really should consider expansion. I get the vibe they have the land to do this, and right now there just isn't enough to spread the crowds out and warrant the fees they charge.

So im going to GA for this saturday. Can someone tell me what is the cheapest way to buy tickets? And also we are going to get there at 3pm, will the lines jhave died down a little? And last will the safari still be open?

Saturday is the busiest day of the week. Buy a flashpass if you're concerned about lines.

Next week on Friday I am going to leave New York early in the morning. We are going to drive to Six Flags Great Adventure from Manhatten. I have been to this park twice. The last time I went was two summers ago and I thought it is an amazing park. It is in second place behind my number one park Cedar Point! I love Kingda Ka so much and I am planning on waiting to ride it in the front. I heard that with Zumanjaro the line is super slow. Should I hit up Kingda Ka first and then go to Zumanjaro or hit Zumanjaro or another ride first. I only got one ride on El Toro the last time I went and I loved it. But I wanna go ahead and try it in the last row if I get a chance. I heard something about Nitro having a bad train or something, can anyone tell me about that? I have all the credits in the park except for Superman which I have been on at Six Flags over Georgia. Should I ride that first? Will I be needing a fast pass?

Even if you get a Flash Pass (which you should) you should run to Kingda Ka because it won't help you once you're in the station and since the ride has to be ridden in the front seat that could mean a huge wait once you're beyond the merge point. Last time we were there they were only able to run one train between each Zumanjaro cycle which amounts to about 2-3 launches every 10 minutes.

Your other option with Kingda Ka is to get in line for it around 9:15 at night. Once Zumanjaro is done running for the night Kingda Ka can finally operate normally so the line will move a little faster. I don't suggest showing up any later than 9:15 because if you do you might not get to sit in the front.

If you do decide to break down and ride Kingda Ka in the middle of the day remember to schedule another ride on your Flash Pass as soon as you pass the merge point, that way you can at least be waiting for something else while you're waiting for the front of Kingda Ka. Don't wait to get off of a ride before scheduling another ride.

And yes, Nitro's train C is screwed up. Each car of each train has a letter and number on the side of it... if the letter is "C", don't board the train. Let it go empty or find people to go ahead of you.

Besides those minor things, operations are very good at this park and you'll have a great time.

In regards to Nitro C train...i intentionally rode it a week ago and see what the fuss was about it. Was is bumpier than the others? Slightly but in no way dejected from the ride experience. A lot of enthusiasts (especially younger ones) today seem to be a little on the wussy side of things. If nitro's c train is unbearable to you then you probably shouldn't be riding roller coasters.

Nitro's C Train isn't unbearable... but the other 2 trains give a significantly better ride experience so why would you wait for train C? It's also worth noting that train C seems to be much worse near the back of the train.

How long as the C train been rattling? I remember 4 years ago, I rode Nitro and it was glass smooth but I had a few rides 2 years ago that were a bit rattly. Nothing uncomfortable, but just something I noticed.

When I rode Nitro last year, I probably rode Train C since it was rattling pretty badly. It wasn't really rattling, it was just this vibration throughout the whole ride and it detracted my enjoyment of the coaster due to it being extremely annoying and not because I was a wussy. This is coming from someone who still enjoys GhostRider (for you East Coasters who haven't been on it, it is very rough).

Sorry to keep posting about this but you all won't stop talking about it so... on July 16th, I rode the back of Train C on purpose to see what the hype was, and yes there was a rattle after the drop and throughout the rest of the ride. It didn't ruin the ride but was certainly noticeable.

When I rode Nitro last year, I probably rode Train C since it was rattling pretty badly. It wasn't really rattling, it was just this vibration throughout the whole ride and it detracted my enjoyment of the coaster due to it being extremely annoying and not because I was a wussy. This is coming from someone who still enjoys GhostRider (for you East Coasters who haven't been on it, it is very rough).

I agree, people complaining about bumpiness on Nitro has nothing to do with them being wussies. I got a bad ride last year in the fall that I attributed to being all the way in the back, now it seems I may have gotten the bad train, but either way it felt like a totally different ride. Tons of vibration through every valley, and it felt slower too. It isn't that it was uncomfortable, it's that Nitro isn't a woodie, it's supposed to be smooth and fast, it doesn't have the extreme forces of a ride like Skyrush to excuse a little rattling. The vibration just makes it feel old and worn-out. I got a ride later in the day towards the front, and then it was the Nitro I remembered, fast and perfectly smooth.

So im going to GA for this saturday. Can someone tell me what is the cheapest way to buy tickets? And also we are going to get there at 3pm, will the lines jhave died down a little? And last will the safari still be open?

Not sure where you live, but you can try buying your tickets at a local township building. My local township in PA offers tickets for $36 a piece. I don't think there is a better deal around. Look online at your local township's website for the Parks & Rec Dept. and hopefully they have similar offers.

You can save money by buying tickets online. As for the lines, I can't really say. I always get the Gold Flash Pass when I go, so I don't really notice the lines.

Don't forget, when you buy the tix online, you get hammered with a $8.99 order processing fee. I believe if you are a AAA member, and order through the AAA website which redirects you to the SF site, the fee is reduced.

Even if you get a Flash Pass (which you should) you should run to Kingda Ka because it won't help you once you're in the station and since the ride has to be ridden in the front seat that could mean a huge wait once you're beyond the merge point. Last time we were there they were only able to run one train between each Zumanjaro cycle which amounts to about 2-3 launches every 10 minutes.

Your other option with Kingda Ka is to get in line for it around 9:15 at night. Once Zumanjaro is done running for the night Kingda Ka can finally operate normally so the line will move a little faster. I don't suggest showing up any later than 9:15 because if you do you might not get to sit in the front.

If you do decide to break down and ride Kingda Ka in the middle of the day remember to schedule another ride on your Flash Pass as soon as you pass the merge point, that way you can at least be waiting for something else while you're waiting for the front of Kingda Ka. Don't wait to get off of a ride before scheduling another ride.

And yes, Nitro's train C is screwed up. Each car of each train has a letter and number on the side of it... if the letter is "C", don't board the train. Let it go empty or find people to go ahead of you.

Besides those minor things, operations are very good at this park and you'll have a great time.

What does Zumanjaro do to Kingda Ka? I know that Zumanjaro is built on the side of Kingda Ka but why does it bother the operation of KK?

What does Zumanjaro do to Kingda Ka? I know that Zumanjaro is built on the side of Kingda Ka but why does it bother the operation of KK?

The state of New Jersey does not allow Ka and Zumanjaro to be run simultaneously. For every one cycle of the drop ride, 2-3 (2 when I last went) Kingda Ka trains are launched. They are loaded and unloaded while Zumanjaro operates. However, due to the length of the cycles of both rides, capacity is GREATLY reduced on both rides. I waited about 20 mins in Ka's station for row 4 while Ka was running a measly 2 trains.

This may be off the current topic but the announcement of the 2015 attractions is less than a month away and there has been nothing done to prepare for a ride. But I went to the park yesterday and saw that the sign for movietown was missing. Could there be a possible retheming or a refurbishment on the way?

The sign has been missing for at least a month or two, I noticed it a while back. Someone else also posted about it missing a while back on here. edit: not saying it doesn't mean anything, but I think its been missing for most of this season.

If the park was smart they'd re-open Old Country (with a new ride) or merge it with Movie Town and retheme the whole area. If they are doing that its going to be hard to tell for most of us if they are doing any prep work for a new ride, as Old Country is pretty much cut off completely.

I don't know if this has been proposed/discussed but anyone think there is a possibility they'd clone 'Goliath' (SFGAm) similar to Batman: The Ride and Superman: Ultimate Flight? Not that I'd want them to simply clone that but they could get them way cheaper I'm sure if they did that and it would fit in that area.

Last time we were there they were only able to launch 1 train between Zumanjaro drops earlier in the day... maybe 2 if they were lucky. Later in the day they would usually launch 2 for some reason. I'm thinking it just depends on the crew on each ride. The Zumanjaro crews have gotten very fast and it seems like Zumanjaro goes whenever it's ready... it doesn't have to wait or Kingda Ka. Kingda Ka has to wait for Zumanjaro.

The state of New Jersey does not allow Ka and Zumanjaro to be run simultaneously. For every one cycle of the drop ride, 2-3 (2 when I last went) Kingda Ka trains are launched. They are loaded and unloaded while Zumanjaro operates. However, due to the length of the cycles of both rides, capacity is GREATLY reduced on both rides. I waited about 20 mins in Ka's station for row 4 while Ka was running a measly 2 trains.

Why would Six Flags build a record-breaking ride on a record-breaking if they can't run at the same time. Isn't Kingda Ka's line normally long with 4 trains constantly running, but now with one or two trains running AND waiting for Zumanjaro to finish it's run. That line must crawl, not only KK's but Zumanjaro's as well. What is the average wait time for both rides now? This sounds like a really big problem but I have no idea how it will get fixed.

Edited by GCI Wooden

Why would Six Flags build a record-breaking ride on a record-breaking if they can't run at the same time. Isn't Kingda Ka's line normally long with 4 trains constantly running, but now with one or two trains running AND waiting for Zumanjaro to finish it's run. That line must crawl, not only KK's but Zumanjaro's as well. What is the average wait time for both rides now? This sounds like a really big problem but I have no idea how it will get fixed.

You must be new to this thread.

Why would Six Flags build a record-breaking ride on a record-breaking if they can't run at the same time.

Probably for the same reason they built a huge building at Six Flags New England that was going to have a coaster in it without actually getting permits for it first which resulted in them having to tear it down and send the coaster to Mexico. Six Flags is incompetent.

That line must crawl, not only KK's but Zumanjaro's as well. What is the average wait time for both rides now? This sounds like a really big problem but I have no idea how it will get fixed.

Zumanjaro doesn't seem to be slowed down much by Kingda Ka, as soon as the ride is checked it goes again... lines are usually about 30 - 45 minutes for it. Lines for Kingda Ka can be between 2-3 hours now though on weekends, wait times have just about doubled and they've started using parts of the queue that they hadn't used in years.

^^ Yes, I am new to TPR, sorry if I asked a question that has been asked many times. I read through a few pages before posting to prevent this but I guess I didn't read far enough.

^Wow, an entire building had to be destroyed. Six Flags, is it really that hard to get a permit? 2-3 HOURS for KK, it looks like it might be fun, but I would not wait that long for 20 some seconds of ride. Six flags needs to think a little more before going for these types of things.

Ive ridden KK exactly twice this year, and only because I had FP both times and didn't have to wait. Ive said it a hundred times its a one trick pony not worth waiting for, unless you really want the credit. That said I haven't sat in the front, so...