TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^The park just added Zumanjaro this year. I'm not thinking the park is getting anything major next year (although I'd be happy to be wrong about that). If anything, I'm really hoping along with a lot of other people, that they try to clean up the park and hopefully work on reopening that path between Ka and El Toro. While I'd love to see a new ride, I would much rather see them fix what they already have. The past few times, Nitro has only been running 2 trains, B & C. Is there something wrong with Train A? Have they used all 3 trains on Nitro this season yet?

When is the last time you went? Nitro has been running all 3 trains consistently this summer.

I was just there on Wednesday and two weeks before that on a Tuesday.

^The park just added Zumanjaro this year. I'm not thinking the park is getting anything major next year (although I'd be happy to be wrong about that). If anything, I'm really hoping along with a lot of other people, that they try to clean up the park and hopefully work on reopening that path between Ka and El Toro. While I'd love to see a new ride, I would much rather see them fix what they already have. The past few times, Nitro has only been running 2 trains, B & C. Is there something wrong with Train A? Have they used all 3 trains on Nitro this season yet?

When is the last time you went? Nitro has been running all 3 trains consistently this summer.

I was just there on Wednesday and two weeks before that on a Tuesday.

Hmm. I've gone once a week this entire month, and they ran 3 trains each time. Guess I just got lucky.

FWIW - Ive been to the park 6 times this year, evenly spaced out since opening day and Ive ridden Nitro at least once every single time and they've always had all three trains running, even at Coasters After Dark when the line was non-existent.

^I must just be hitting the park on its bad days this year...2 trains on Nitro, Bizarro stacking awfully, etc. The only thing consistent this year has been the crew on El Toro, which is awesome as always. Every other year I've always seen them run all the trains, good operations, etc. Maybe I'll try on a Thursday or Monday and see how that goes.

Bizarro always seems to have all 3 running too, and the last few times Ive been that ride has been dead with no reason for all three, but yet they were all running, and of course stacking.

The only major "why are they not running all trains" moment I've had out of all my trips this year was the last two times I did Skull Mountain they had only one train running.

Bizarro always seems to have all 3 running too, and the last few times Ive been that ride has been dead with no reason for all three, but yet they were all running, and of course stacking.

The only major "why are they not running all trains" moment I've had out of all my trips this year was the last two times I did Skull Mountain they had only one train running.

Same. Skull Mountain was running one train and, to add insult to injury, one car was blocked off just for Flash Pass.

Same. Skull Mountain was running one train and, to add insult to injury, one car was blocked off just for Flash Pass.

Yea which is superlame, even for me as I was using FP and wanted to sit in the back and they wouldnt let me :/

Seems SM had both trains running most of April and May. Don't know what happened since.

I hope it's not a permanent change to have Skull Mountain run 1 train. The line really moves fast with 2 trains and rarely seems to have much of a wait for it.

It would also be nice to reconfigure the line so Flashpass merges like at other rides. Besides Flashpass users being forced to use car 5, when no one is using Flashpass and there is a line the ride ops usually take people from the regular line to sit there but once in a while (depending on the ride op I guess) they refuse to do that and the car goes empty.

So I just got back to my hotel from the park today.

I didn't get to the park until 1 PM (which was out of my control, because I'm from Bethel, CT, and we (by we I mean my family), got a late start because we had to drop my dog of at a kennel, got stuck in traffic after taking many wrong turns, and many other setbacks). But we still had a fun day.

First we went to Bizarro (my brother is one of those kids who wants to get "warmed up" on rides). It was actually a pretty smooth ride. I rode it twice as there was barely any line, once in the front row. Not the best ride, nor one I would've started with, but its a fun ride. And the fire was working too!

Next, I went to ride Zumanjaro, and tried the single rider line. It took longer than the actual line, so I wont be going back there. The ride was just ok. The view was impressive, but the drop didn't seem as intense as I thought. I still enjoyed it.

Then we hit El Toro, nuf said.

Then I went to Nitro. I rode it in the front row. I let a group go in front of us on the dreaded C train, and took the A train. It was actually a little shaky and rattled a bit, but still a great ride. Nothing compared to the C train.

Superman was next, and I rode it front row. Very smooth and unique. I love it. but it is a little on the shorter side

Then was green lantern. This ride hurt my feet so unbelievably bad, that I will never step foot in that line again.

Then we went to El Toro again, this time rode it back row, and this was the best ride of the day BY FAR

Earlier in the day, I wanted my brother to go on Ka, but he didn't want to. so he said, "lets go later" so I gave in, but we were never able to because my parents wanted to leave. And I was all like

we did enough for the short time we had, but I wish we could have done more

I am staying til sunday, but I wont be going tomorrow but there is a big possibility of a sunday trip, and I will be there for opening if it works out

Overall, short, but fun day. At least I could've gone.

hopefully I can go on sunday

Hey guys

I was just wondering this.

As I posted before, I did not enjoy green lantern as it hurt my legs very much.

Is there a certain way to ride it (like stand in a different way or put my feet in a certain position) that would make the ride not hurt as much?

Don't think so if you stand as tall as you can in the beginning its not that bad. But green lantern is rough ride and isn't as smooth as the other stand ups like Mantis

After my many attempts this year on GL there is no good seat or better way to ride. I've tried all over the train and both with my legs bent a bit before the seats lock and also standing straight. The drop and first loop are awesome and then I get knocked in the head the rest of the ride. It sucks. I really wish they'd consider seated/floorless trains for this, it would make the ride so much better. I really need to just avoid it like I do Dark Knight from now on but I seem to always go with someone who has never ridden, sees it from the lot and wont shut up about it, and therefore wind up on it with them (complaining the entire time that its going to hurt lol)

Hey guys

I was just wondering this.

As I posted before, I did not enjoy green lantern as it hurt my legs very much.

Is there a certain way to ride it (like stand in a different way or put my feet in a certain position) that would make the ride not hurt as much?

Nope, the ride is horrible no matter where or how you try it. Its just a painful coaster.

After my many attempts this year on GL there is no good seat or better way to ride. I've tried all over the train and both with my legs bent a bit before the seats lock and also standing straight. The drop and first loop are awesome and then I get knocked in the head the rest of the ride. It sucks. I really wish they'd consider seated/floorless trains for this, it would make the ride so much better. I really need to just avoid it like I do Dark Knight from now on but I seem to always go with someone who has never ridden, sees it from the lot and wont shut up about it, and therefore wind up on it with them (complaining the entire time that its going to hurt lol)

I hope it gets seated trains. It won't be floorless because of Bizarro. Standing on that ride just hurts. It isn't even enjoyable. I actually wish that GASM was still there lol

I hope it gets seated trains. It won't be floorless because of Bizarro. Standing on that ride just hurts. It isn't even enjoyable. I actually wish that GASM was still there lol

SF cant get train C on Nitro to run smoothly, and you think they are going to spend money and put seated trains on Green Lantern. No way SF does that.

SF cant get train C on Nitro to run smoothly, and you think they are going to spend money and put seated trains on Green Lantern. No way SF does that.

First off all I know they won't. But a guy can dream cant he? Lol. Second, Nitro is still one of the most popular rides in the park. GL is basically dead. It seemingly always has a 15 minute wait at the most. It'll be more expensive to remove the entire ride than replace the trains anyway. The layout is great on GL but the stand up trains just dont work well with the GP anymore

Chang / Green Lantern was designed with the standing trains in mind, putting regular-heartline sit-down trains would dramatically (and most likely uncomfortably) change the character of the coaster.

^The only problem with the way it is now, to me, is the roughness. If they could somehow fix/improve it I would be happy as I do like the occasional experience of standing up on a coaster.

As cool as it would be, I doubt we'll ever see sit-down trains on Green Lantern. I've honestly never found the ride that rough but I lean into the curves to avoid head banging. I know you shouldn't have to do that to make a ride smooth but that's how I make GL enjoyable.

The reason I don't like Green Lantern is because my crotch hurts when I get off it. I'm pretty sure any stand-up coaster would have that result for me.

Another tip, this puts more pressure on your legs during the ride but if you ride with the bicycle seat a little low so it isn't pushing into your crotch, it's way better in my opinion.