TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Does anyone else think Ka's capacity would be helped if they open up the second station now that capacity is cut in half?

First station is loaded normally and maybe have the second station reserved for disabled access/Flash Pass and then pull people from the main line/single riders to fill empty seats so the lines aren't held up in the main station or load them both at the same time and have them dispatch similar to Storm Runner's set up.

Does anyone else think Ka's capacity would be helped if they open up the second station now that capacity is cut in half?

First station is loaded normally and maybe have the second station reserved for disabled access/Flash Pass and then pull people from the main line/single riders to fill empty seats so the lines aren't held up in the main station or load them both at the same time and have them dispatch similar to Storm Runner's set up.

The problem is that Zumanjaro holds up Ka's launch cycles. As of now, the maximum amount of cycles they can do with Zumanjaro running without a breakdown is 36 cycles but it used to be over 60. The crew at Ka can hit 36 no problem but that's all they will be able to do until both rides are allowed to run together.

^ Will they ever be allowed to run together? I find it hard to believe the same state that decided Zum and Ka couldn't run together to begin with would suddenly change their minds.

Hopefully. I think if the park put some netting around Ka's track, they might be able to sway the state.

Is it really that much worse than Dragster? I haven't found a single bad seat on it even though the front is the best.

For Ka, it depends on the train you ride in but I found the back seat of Dragster to be significantly smoother than any seat besides the front on Ka. I still blame the trains Ka uses for that. It's had a bad rattle since it opened I'm pretty sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if the park and the State come to an agreement over the offseason. I can't blame them for wanting the ride open at this point. I would think some netting would do the trick, perhaps just over the top hat? I'm thinking it could be wired like the lift hill net on the left side of Carowinds' Intimidator, that way it would't look too terrible. With a net like that, the object either gets caught or is tossed far away from the riders on Zumanjaro. But hell, you can't pump your own gas in Jersey so this might be permanent.

How are the crowds usually on a thursday night during the summer? I want to use the bring a friend for free pass but I wouldn't be able to get down there until 6 pm due to my friend's work.

Crowds on weekdays after 5 are usually light. By that time most of the camps and people who got there at opening are gone.

Being there last Wednesday I'll agree with this. We had Flash Pass and it definitely felt that after 6PMish that we did not need it as most rides were walk-ons (save for KK and Zum, which FP came in quite handy for).

I haven't done it this year since I moved closer to work, but last year, when I was 5 minutes from the park, I would go after work for a couple hours, usually from 7:30 to closing. I RARELY had a night where I couldn't get on every main coaster at least once, usually squeezing in re-rides or a flat ride here or there or there as well. Summer weeknights are some of the best times to visit the park.

Advertising revenue was listed as being up to $16 million dollars from $11 million year during the same period in 2013 during the Q2 shareholder report Monday. Either they increased the ad rates in the park (doesn't seem likely) or they simply decided to increase the number of opportunities for advertisements.

Anybody else notice how many more ads there are this season? I didnt attempt a count, but it seams like a fairly dramatic increase. Hoping this doesnt become a trend.

Nothing wrong with more ads in the park. The more ads SFGadv sells, the more $$$$$ SFGadv makes, more coasters they will add to the park.

Hey guys

I'm going to Six Flags Great Adventure tomorrow July 25

I have a few questions.

1. What is the best ride to start with? I usually go to El Toro first, because its just amazing, but I'm wondering if I should go to Ka or Zumie first due to the capacity and newness of Zumie. Would it be smart to go to either of those first, or would I be fine if I go to El Toro first?

2. I will most likely not be there at opening, but just in case I am, are there any rides that would not be open at opening? I really don't want to have to wait 30 min. sitting outside the line waiting for it to open.

3. What is this magical shortcut through the arcade from Ka to Toro that I have been hearing about? It would really help if I knew this shortcut. I know where the arcade in Plaza del Carnival is, but where do I have to go in the arcade for the shortcut?

4. If you were at the park, what would you do first, second, third, and so on? I would really like to make the most of my day, but I won't be buying flash pass. From reading this forum, it seems like you guys know tons about the park and what the best way to navigate it is.

5. Last one I promise, what are the crowds like on a Friday? I have only been on days like Wednesdays, where there is no one there barely, so I have no idea to expect.

If you guys could take the time to answer some of these questions, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey guys

I have a few questions.

1. What is the best ride to start with? I usually go to El Toro first, because its just amazing, but I'm wondering if I should go to Ka or Zumie first due to the capacity and newness of Zumie. Would it be smart to go to either of those first, or would I be fine if I go to El Toro first?

- if they are important to you, then you need to hit Superman and Green Lantern at the opening- otherwise you'll be in for a long wait when the park is at peak capacity (I don't like either one, so never bother- your call though); if those aren't important, then you should head to Zum and Ka....next El Toro, then Bizaro

2. I will most likely not be there at opening, but just in case I am, are there any rides that would not be open at opening? I really don't want to have to wait 30 min. sitting outside the line waiting for it to open.

- get there at the opening! At this point of the season, all rides should be good to go at 10:30am....

3. What is this magical shortcut through the arcade from Ka to Toro that I have been hearing about? It would really help if I knew this shortcut. I know where the arcade in Plaza del Carnival is, but where do I have to go in the arcade for the shortcut?

- don't worry about it, as cutting through the arcade (it is located next to the tea cups, check the park map) serves no purpose from Ka to Toro.....it serves purpose to avoid the Boardwalk area (to El Toro) coming from the opening gate....been that way since the 70's

4. If you were at the park, what would you do first, second, third, and so on? I would really like to make the most of my day, but I won't be buying flash pass. From reading this forum, it seems like you guys know tons about the park and what the best way to navigate it is.

- Superman> Green Lantern (personally skip both, but again- if you want to ride them, go to them first)> Ka (expect at least a 45 minute wait at that point)> Zum> El Toro> Bizarro> Mine Train> Nitro (expect a 45 minute wait would be my best guess)> Batman (expect a 45 minute wait would be my best guess)> Skull Mountain

5. Last one I promise, what are the crowds like on a Friday? I have only been on days like Wednesdays, where there is no one there barely, so I have no idea to expect.

- you are in the peak of summer....lots of people in Metro NYC area that will take a 3 day weekend, camps- set your expectations low (regarding wait times), and hope that I'm wrong! To get the most out of the day- you should get there at 9:30am (security gate could get backed up).....not sure if you pre-purchased tickets online (that would be your next line), then a line to get in......

If you guys could take the time to answer some of these questions, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Again- I'm hoping not to scare you away of what to expect....instead, setting realistic expectations of what an amusement park in the NY Metro area looks like in the heart of the summer.....have a plan, and enjoy what you can get out of the park. If I'm wrong and the park is empty- consider that a major bonus! Bottom line- have fun, and share your thoughts on this forum please......BTW- if you are pressed for time, don't get caught up with the hype for Zum.....it is cool being that high in the sky, but if you are a coaster fan, then invest your wait time on El Toro, Nitro and Ka instead (IMO)

Hey guys

I have a few questions.

Thanks

1. I'd go to Ka/Zum first as they'll have the longest wait. When I was there on Monday both were 2 hours and that isn't really worth the wait.

2. Most likely they will be open unless there are some technical difficulties. The second completely open at about 10:30 I believe but Main Street opens a bit earlier.

3. There is no path between Ka and Toro. It was closed off a few years back. The arcade shortcut is where the carousel is. It goes from near the tea cups to where Bugs Bunny National Park is. That's so you don't have to go through the Boardwalk to get to the other side of the park.

4. Like I said, go to Ka/Zum first. Then go to Toro and Bizarro. RMT isn't a bad ride either. But if the wait is over 20 minutes it's not worth your time. SORA will have a huge wait and it takes so long and it's a big time killer. Try the Log Flume if it's hot. Superman is pretty fun but do not go to GL. It has got a lot of headbanging when I went. Definitely go to Nitro. Batman is fun too. Don't go to TDK. It's just a wild mouse. After that, do some rerides.

5. Friday's are usually crowded so get in all the rides you want early. Definitely do Toro, Nitro, Ka, and Zum first as they will be the most crowded.

Hope this helps! Have fun tomorrow!

Buy the Flash Pass, and don't worry about the lines

Hey guys

I have a few questions.

Thanks

Got back from the park a couple hours ago. A few miscellaneous observations:

1. Operations were terrible today. Stacking and double-stacking at El Toro, Nitro, and Bizarro. And most of the delays were solely the operator's faults. Conversations instead of checking harnesses were the biggest issue.

2. The C train on Nitro is still unbearably shaky. I rode it in the front row, and the vibrations through the seat were so bad it hurt my back. Whatever "fix" they made has already come undone.

3. The park really needs a cosmetic overhaul. Today was the first time I truly noticed, but most of park is very dingy.

4. Despite all these warts, the park still has the best damn coaster in the entire world in its repertoire. El Toro was running incredibly today. I sat back row (as per usual) and came fully out of my seat on all the drops. I usually get great ejector air, but today's was magnificent.

1. Operations were terrible today. Stacking and double-stacking at El Toro, Nitro, and Bizarro. And most of the delays were solely the operator's faults. Conversations instead of checking harnesses were the biggest issue.

2. The C train on Nitro is still unbearably shaky. I rode it in the front row, and the vibrations through the seat were so bad it hurt my back. Whatever "fix" they made has already come undone.

3. The park really needs a cosmetic overhaul. Today was the first time I truly noticed, but most of park is very dingy.

I have been saying that for years and years- my son and I joke about the fact that if the folks at WDW ran a theme park with these level of thrill rides, how terrific it would be! Obviously a regional park vs. national park have two different revenue streams to invest with....but I'd really, really, really sign up for a year without a ride, so that paint, weeding, theming, etc....could get to a higher standard- problem is, there would be no increase in attendance to show for it.

4. Despite all these warts, the park still has the best damn coaster in the entire world in its repertoire. El Toro was running incredibly today. I sat back row (as per usual) and came fully out of my seat on all the drops. I usually get great ejector air, but today's was magnificent.

Agreed....

What did you think was so dingy of the park? I wouldn't expect Train C to be fixed anytime soon. Its been terrible all season. They most likely dont have the $$$$ in the budget, or it would have been fixed already.

^ All of Movie Town/Adventure Seaport, most of the Boardwalk, the side of Golden Kingdom that leads to Plaza Del Carnival, and the Lakefront. A new coat of paint and some weed pulling could go a long way, but I'm not holding my breath.

^The park just added Zumanjaro this year. I'm not thinking the park is getting anything major next year (although I'd be happy to be wrong about that). If anything, I'm really hoping along with a lot of other people, that they try to clean up the park and hopefully work on reopening that path between Ka and El Toro. While I'd love to see a new ride, I would much rather see them fix what they already have. The past few times, Nitro has only been running 2 trains, B & C. Is there something wrong with Train A? Have they used all 3 trains on Nitro this season yet?

^The park just added Zumanjaro this year. I'm not thinking the park is getting anything major next year (although I'd be happy to be wrong about that). If anything, I'm really hoping along with a lot of other people, that they try to clean up the park and hopefully work on reopening that path between Ka and El Toro. While I'd love to see a new ride, I would much rather see them fix what they already have. The past few times, Nitro has only been running 2 trains, B & C. Is there something wrong with Train A? Have they used all 3 trains on Nitro this season yet?

When is the last time you went? Nitro has been running all 3 trains consistently this summer.