TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Nitro and Batman especially feel run down to me. They should really rip up Nitro's Q line and just re-do it. It is really ugly and it is a mess. Batman looks really bad too I know they are going for an industrial look for it but it just looks plain awful. I don't really have a problem with the other side of the park though. Bizarro is looking really bad though and basically all the effects are dead.

Also Nitro has trims after the first and second hill but they were both off. It runs really well without the trims. Also blacked out on the helix on one ride, that turn is strong.

^Where's El Toro Ryan to swoop in and tell you you're wrong and everything about the park is great and well if it isn't then there's 100 reasons why it isn't the park's fault?

Oh that's real classy. El Toro_Ryan has actually been quite helpful in this thread recently. If I worked at a park I might cheerlead a bit too.

^I rode it once in 2011 in the third row and did greyout a bit. Last year I rode it 4 times in the back and didn't. I don't know if it is because the front pulls a bit more Gs (as it enters the helix faster) or because of some other reason.

^Where's El Toro Ryan to swoop in and tell you you're wrong and everything about the park is great and well if it isn't then there's 100 reasons why it isn't the park's fault?

Oh that's real classy. El Toro_Ryan has actually been quite helpful in this thread recently. If I worked at a park I might cheerlead a bit too.

I agree. And to Neil009, I don't think this kind of attitude is necessary on the forums. If you think that by making disparaging comments towards park employees that have a pretty thankless job, putting up with obnoxious people like you day in and day out is a way to gain fans or respect around here, that's where you're wrong.

I have a lot of respect for people like El Toro Ryan who are passionate enough to share their experiences with us.

Make another comment like that and you will be banned from our forums forever. Got it? Thanks.

And to jetsplumber, same applies to you.

Edited by robbalvey

Here I am. I never tried to imply you were wrong about the park but I do just try and state how things really are. Trust me, you learn much more about how a park operates when you work at one.

Press release from Six Flags Great Adventure:

Now Open: Six Flags Great Adventure Launches

Record-Breaking Drop Ride―Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom

World’s Largest Theme Park Debuts World’s Tallest and Fastest

Drop Ride on 40th Anniversary

JACKSON, NJ―July 4, 2014―Six Flags Great Adventure today unveils this year’s most anticipated extreme ride, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom―the world’s tallest and fastest drop ride. The launch commemorates the park’s opening weekend 40 years ago during the July 4th holiday.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom stands a staggering 41 stories tall. Connected to the iconic Kingda Ka roller coaster—the 45-story monster that ranks as the world’s tallest and fastest coaster—Zumanjaro hoists riders 415 feet into the sky and plummets them back to Earth at speeds of up to 90 miles per hour.

"Zumanjaro solidifies Six Flags’ dominance as the Northeast’s only destination for thrills. It is on every adrenaline junkies’ must-do list,” said John Fitzgerald, park president. “Zumanjaro is precisely the type of world-class, record-breaking attraction that our guests have come to expect from Great Adventure.”

Three soaring Zumanjaro towers stand on the face of the massive Kingda Ka coaster. Each drop tower features a gondola with eight riders. While anxious riders buckle into their floorless seats, Kingda Ka trains launch right toward them at speeds of up to 128 miles per hour.

The trio of gondolas rises to the top of the tower in approximately 30 seconds. Riders pause for a few terrifying moments 41 stories in the air—even higher than London’s Big Ben and twice as tall as Lady Liberty—allowing them to catch a glimpse of the skyscrapers in Philadelphia 52 miles to the southwest before gravity plunges them back to ground level in less than 10 seconds.

“Today strengthens the reputation of Six Flags as a trailblazer in providing innovative, cutting-edge entertainment for visitors of all ages, all while enhancing its legacy as one of the greatest theme park experiences anywhere in the world. We are thrilled that such an incredible venue is in New Jersey to provide unforgettable memories for so many visitors each and every year,” said New Jersey Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno.

The name “Zumanjaro” was inspired by the African influences of Safari Off Road Adventure, the attraction that combined Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari into the world’s largest theme park in 2013. Safari Off Road Adventure takes guests on an exhilarating, interactive and up-close journey that features 1,200 animals from six continents including elephants, rhinos, tigers, giraffes, lions, bison, kangaroos and more.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom was recently named the No. 3 most thrilling ride in the U.S. according to USA Today.

For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure or call 732/928-2000.

Edited by robbalvey

Here I am. I never tried to imply you were wrong about the park but I do just try and state how things really are. Trust me, you learn much more about how a park operates when you work at one.

Yup. You most certainly do. And what you learn is that about 99.9999% of the things that "enthusiasts" think is 100% wrong. And then you get so tired of having to explain it to people until you're blue in the face who just turn around and write disparaging things about you that you just give up trying to help.

Trust me, Ryan, I totally get where you're coming from.

Remember, both Elissa and I started out in this business working at parks. We get it.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Happened to be home for the weekend and just got off Zumanjaro! Think it opened right before I got here- took about 40 minutes to get on. It's pretty cool watching Ka come out while riding up the tower (it opened as I arrived as well)

I was amazed how long the drop was, and thought it was awesome.

Glad the park could get it open for the weekend and that we finally have a drop ride again!

I'm surprised how quiet this thread got after Robb posted the press release. I'd swear everyone immediately left their computers to go ride, hahaha.

Enjoy it, guys. Hopefully this will get you to stop complaining about the NJ politicians' greased palms.

I was planning on going when I got the news, but I was up at action park. And instead of leaving right away, I decided to hit one more slide, and now I'm in a hospital with a broken toe. Lol. Broke it on the single tube slide, clipped it on the side going into the tunnel. So never made it to SFGAdv.

image.thumb.jpg.607cad436b453502534901974f3c8379.jpg

I was planning on going when I got the news, but I was up at action park. And instead of leaving right away, I decided to hit one more slide, and now I'm in a hospital with a broken toe. Lol. Broke it on the single tube slide, clipped it on the side going into the tunnel.

Karma's a bitch!

so sick of hearing about the dangers of this place