TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Crappy day out! Not sure if i would have went today for opening.Still feel bad for alot of people who are not into coasters like we, but are going to GA this week to ride KA and Zumanjaro and they will be closed. I sort of laugh when people go there and they are pissed that stuff is closed. I cant remember but cant you go on the website and see whats open? Or least pick up the phone and give them a call and find out.

Alright trip date has been pushed forward to the end of July either on a Thursday or Friday. I'm still worried about crowds but I'm assuming they will be pretty manageable during the height of the hot season.

How have the lines for the safari been so far this year? That is a priority but if I have to sacrifice rides on Ka and Toro to ride it, I'll skip it.

I'm also worried about water ride lines. Is capacity pretty good with those?

Crappy day out! Not sure if i would have went today for opening.Still feel bad for alot of people who are not into coasters like we, but are going to GA this week to ride KA and Zumanjaro and they will be closed. I sort of laugh when people go there and they are pissed that stuff is closed. I cant remember but cant you go on the website and see whats open? Or least pick up the phone and give them a call and find out.

Have you ever tried calling the park? They put you on hold a good half hour every time. Early this season I had to call the season pass office at the start of the season to ask a question, got the voicemail and left a message. I got a call back a good month and a half later. Now that's awesome customer service.

Have you ever tried calling the park? They put you on hold a good half hour every time. Early this season I had to call the season pass office at the start of the season to ask a question, got the voicemail and left a message. I got a call back a good month and a half later. Now that's awesome customer service.

I second this. Calling the park is a complete waste of time.

The line for congo rapids could look long but from the entrance im always on within 20 minutes. Log Flume on the other hand could get a 3 hour wait on a busy day. same with the safari. i recommend doing Zumanjaro Drop of Doom first then Kingda Ka then safari. it really is a fun ride.

Yea that log flume line can get long! I cant remember did they close that second log flume near nitro and congo? i havent looked in a while.

Yeah they closed the other log flume. I assume it was a cost cutting measure. Luckily the one that's still there is easily the better of the two and is one of the few rides left that actually opened with the park. The lines can get a little long, though I've never seen it longer than an hour.

Personally I think it's worth the wait.

MAN after scrolling through the Great adventure History page im thinking that i really do miss that Chiller alot. I really wish they could have kept that coaster instead of that horrible dark knight coaster. Plus Movie town would still be a some what of a happening place. Looks like i have to travel to get on Freeze to live that experience again!

^ Exactly. I'm really upset. I'll be in Virginia when it opens. I'm coming back the 12th. I was really looking forward to riding it. Why doesn't the state just approve it already? Everything is ready so it's all on the state now.

Why are you making it sound like the ride will be gone when you get back. Is being one of the first riders really that important?

Lots of whining all around in this thread. Whether or not its the states fault for the delay is irrelevant. It is what it is. It'll open when its ready to open.

^ Exactly. I'm really upset. I'll be in Virginia when it opens. I'm coming back the 12th. I was really looking forward to riding it. Why doesn't the state just approve it already? Everything is ready so it's all on the state now.

Why are you making it sound like the ride will be gone when you get back. Is being one of the first riders really that important?

Lots of whining all around in this thread. Whether or not its the states fault for the delay is irrelevant. It is what it is. It'll open when its ready to open.

I'm not. I'd rather wait an hour if that for it rather than more than three. I'm sure you'd feel the same way. It's not about the first rides. I don't have the money for a flash pass and I would rather wait in as little of a wait as possible. No whining. I'm just upset. That's all

Alright trip date has been pushed forward to the end of July either on a Thursday or Friday. I'm still worried about crowds but I'm assuming they will be pretty manageable during the height of the hot season.

How have the lines for the safari been so far this year? That is a priority but if I have to sacrifice rides on Ka and Toro to ride it, I'll skip it.

I'm also worried about water ride lines. Is capacity pretty good with those?

The water rides do have a high capacity. A conveyor belt style loading system was added to Congo Rapids this season where the boats never stop moving basically. It works well the line never gets above like 20 minutes as already said. The Log Flume with a full quene line is about a 45 to one hour wait. It definitely gets more crowded than Congo Rapids but it still has good capacity.

And here's a video of Ka running with people while Zumanjaro was testing from last Friday. Take a look. I don't see a problem here State Inspector. haha

Yea that log flume line can get long! I cant remember did they close that second log flume near nitro and congo? i havent looked in a while.

Yeah they closed the other log flume. I assume it was a cost cutting measure. Luckily the one that's still there is easily the better of the two and is one of the few rides left that actually opened with the park. The lines can get a little long, though I've never seen it longer than an hour.

Personally I think it's worth the wait.

Hydro Flume closed in 2006. In fact, they converted the old rotating station into a show stage. I kinda wish they had kept it open because there are only 2 water rides in the park now. Movietown Water Effect also closed in 2007.

They are launched over by the Great Lake Grandstand but don't watch them from there. The best place to see the Fireworks where you don't have to show up early and don't have to be in a huge mass of people is near El Toro. Cross under El Toro and stand along the fence by the river (over near the bridge that leads to Bizarro but right at the bend where the path goes under El Toro).

You have a great view and there are very few people over there.

I'm not. I'd rather wait an hour if that for it rather than more than three. I'm sure you'd feel the same way. It's not about the first rides. I don't have the money for a flash pass and I would rather wait in as little of a wait as possible. No whining. I'm just upset. That's all

Sooooo, by definition, you're whining.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whine

As expected, Zumanjaro was not open to passholders today. However, the park was empty. I left at about 3 and most of the rides were sending trains with empty rows still! Even the water rides were walk-ons (and it was almost 100 degrees).

Is it just me or does the park seem more run down this season? For example, Nitro's queue is filthy and the trains look bad (although they ride well). The fort also looked like it could use a new coat of paint. Landscaping was also generally awful throughout the park. How hard would it be to pull the weeds in El Toro and Nitro's queues?

I also witnessed some of the worst staff ever at the park today. Nitro's lead was the least attentive operator I have ever seen. The foods staff were also quite rude. Not only was Best of the West closed at about noon, but none of the staff outside would even answer whether or not it would be opening, or give suggestions of where else to eat.

And here's a video of Ka running with people while Zumanjaro was testing from last Friday. Take a look. I don't see a problem here State Inspector. haha

On Sunday and Monday Kingda Ka was closed. The staff said it was closed until Zumanjaro opens. Anyone know if it has opened these last few days. I want to get that credit and I only have limited time, so any info anyone has would be amazing.

As expected, Zumanjaro was not open to passholders today. However, the park was empty. I left at about 3 and most of the rides were sending trains with empty rows still! Even the water rides were walk-ons (and it was almost 100 degrees).

Is it just me or does the park seem more run down this season? For example, Nitro's queue is filthy and the trains look bad (although they ride well). The fort also looked like it could use a new coat of paint. Landscaping was also generally awful throughout the park. How hard would it be to pull the weeds in El Toro and Nitro's queues?

I also witnessed some of the worst staff ever at the park today. Nitro's lead was the least attentive operator I have ever seen. The foods staff were also quite rude. Not only was Best of the West closed at about noon, but none of the staff outside would even answer whether or not it would be opening, or give suggestions of where else to eat.

The park is definitely feeling run down. Basically everywhere in the park is in desperate need of tlc.