TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Personally I don't understand why the restraints on KK are an issue. They don't even touch you, the ride has zero headbanging, they're thin and skinny so they don't obstruct the view. Why should they spend money on changing them?

I mean, I do like the lap bar on TTD better, but only slightly. I didn't find it changed the ride experience much at all.

Personally I don't understand why the restraints on KK are an issue. They don't even touch you, the ride has zero headbanging, they're thin and skinny so they don't obstruct the view. Why should they spend money on changing them?

I mean, I do like the lap bar on TTD better, but only slightly. I didn't find it changed the ride experience much at all.

Try riding in the back. Then you'll see

That could be the difference I guess, I've never been all the way in the back. The ride is rough but not rough enough to actually cause headbanging, for me at least.

You want to know what I really think they should do? Add a couple more air time hills and gigantic inversions to the end. Think about it, they couldn't do it when the ride was first built because it was such a massive investment to begin with. But now it probably wouldn't cost much more then a regular coaster installation, maybe even less, and can you imagine the reaction to that? People would freak out.

^Or it would just be a waste because all most guests care about is that it's really tall and really fast, and it can keep being those things while Great Adventure's money gets spent on new, better experiences that would bring in significantly more people than a few extra elements on an already-popular ride.

^Actually I think some people do realise it's just a launch and hill. At least I've heard some people commenting this in the queue. I also think it is ridiculously short but I'll still ride it because one front seat ride is an amazing experience. But I guess you're right to say it would be a waste of money compared to adding new attractions.

The ride is a million times better in the front anyway so I really don't care about this issue either since the ride is very comfortable in that seat already.

Edited by coasterbill

^Actually I think some people do realise it's just a launch and hill. At least I've heard some people commenting this in the queue. I also think it is ridiculously short but I'll still ride it because one front seat ride is an amazing experience. But I guess you're right to say it would be a waste of money compared to adding new attractions.

I agree with this. GP realize Ka is a one-trick pony. My friend that's kind of GP said he prefers Toro and Nitro to it because Ka is too short. But he also said it's an amazing ride for the time it lasts. From what I hear in queues, this seems to be the majority opinion. I actually think they would like the idea of adding an element to the ride if that were possible.

For kingda ka After the cableback break hill at the end they should extend out into the parking lot with some other inversions.

There's room behind Green Lantern for that to actually happen but I don't think the money exists. The ride already cost $25 million to build in 2005.

And here's some more Zumanjaro videos from the commercial shoot.

I'm hoping to go to the park either next week or the week after. I'm not sure if I am going to ride Zumanjaro or not and am looking forward to Kingda Ka being open. It's been closed all my trips to the park this year since except for the first 2 weekends the park was open, every other time I have been to the park has been a weekday.

And here's some more Zumanjaro videos from the commercial shoot.

It would be cool to be one of those lucky people who got to ride KK in "speedy" mode.

I've always wanted Ka to invert at the top. But now that won't happen because of Zumanjaro. It would've added a whole new thrill factors

I wonder if they would ever do that given the danger of the ride stalling (not that it has happened to KK but still)

I probably won't get a chance to ride Zumanjaro until the 5th after work. Hopefully the line isn't too long. And for those who are thinking about riding or aren't sure, I just say go for it. I've heard Lex Luther was rather tame for its size so I'm expecting the same from Zumanjaro. It should definitely be a fun rush though none the less.

That's pretty accurate. The drop packs a punch but I'd put it a step below the Intamin Gyro Drops and a little further below the Larson towers like the one at Knoebels which are probably the best towers out there. Still, they're great rides and the view is going to be spectacular.