TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^Just curious where you got those figures.

That was my mistake- $250,000 for the annual costs with Lake Compounce's model- they have the 32 seat version. For Skyhawk at Cedar Point the price tag number floating around was $6 million for the ride itself for the 40 seat version- Lake Compounce's version ended up being $3 million with installation costs.

As far as a coaster going in Rolling Thunder's old spot it's not a very big spot with the Zumanjaro queue and El Toro's finale. It's possible of course, but it's not as open of an area as I expected. I think Chiller's old spot is a much better location, especially since MovieTown needs something to bring the crowds in.

I absolutely agree, Chiller's old spot would be the best location. However, this is Six Flags we're talking about, and I'm sure it would be cheaper to fill the land they just vacated then to open up a whole new area of the park. That area has been unused for so long and I'm fairly certain cost has to be the reason why. I'm sure they'll open it back up eventually but only after they've used up every possible ounce of space elsewhere.

According to Great Adventure History (which is a very reliable source) this was announced this morning.

July 2 - Press Preview

July 3 - Season Pass Holder Preview

July 4 - Grand Opening to the Public

This backs up with Ryan said too... it sounds legitimate to me.

According to Great Adventure History (which is a very reliable source) this was announced this morning.

July 2 - Press Preview

July 3 - Season Pass Holder Preview

July 4 - Grand Opening to the Public

This backs up with Ryan said too... it sounds legitimate to me.

Awesome news! I've got my plans set. Thanks for sharing.

speaking of free fall everytime i go to SFGA and i walk though movie town it looks more like a ghost town. The area between the entrance of batman to where spinmister used to be at....complete deadzone! If they get anything new they need to put it over there for sure! Dark Knight coaster just isnt cutting it! But thats just my opinon!

speaking of free fall everytime i go to SFGA and i walk though movie town it looks more like a ghost town. The area between the entrance of batman to where spinmister used to be at....complete deadzone! If they get anything new they need to put it over there for sure! Dark Knight coaster just isnt cutting it! But thats just my opinon!

Park officials are aware that this side of the park has become a deadzone. John Fitzgerald even hates the abandoned Chiller Station that only gets used for haunts. Hopefully their future plans will revitalize the once most popular area in the park. A new coaster or a major flat ride along with a new show in the arena and a general renovation of the area would be perfect.

July 4th weekend! The lines are going to be MASSIVE!!!!! I bet flash pass will be backed up for kingda ka and zumanjaro! Thats if they have the flash pass for Zumanjaro already!

Zumanjaro will be available on Gold and Platinum Flash Pass.

Yeah Green Lantern may be a special case since it's a pretty terrible coaster and it had a huge capacity when it opened with 3 trains. Drop of Doom's capacity will be much less and it's going to be a much more re-rideable ride.