TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know who's getting batman backwards next year? I'm pretty sure there are only a few parks left

I wouldn't be surprised if SFGadv gets batman backwards for next season, and that will be what they advertise as new for 2015. just my opinion.

I still dodnt understand why in the 90's and 00's they never went back to running rolling thunder backwards for fright fest, like they did sometime in the 80's.

^^That is one of the best photos of Nitro I have seen! That approaching storm must have been interesting to ride by. The bright blue sky contrasts very nicely against the track.

Thanks!! I just took it with my iPhone. I'm getting the new Sony RX 100 M3..should be coming in the mail really soon..though I wish I had it in time for this trip!! Oh well...!

The weather actually made it even more thrilling. Loved it.

the gorgeous greenery of Jersey.

Now there is something you don't hear every day.

LMAO!! When I drove out of Newark, I got stuck on the Turnpike..so Google Maps directed me through the side streets...definitely a LOT more green than what I see here in LA. I missed it as soon as I drove closer and closer to the airport, of course!

^I know. We just have trees. And factories. And beach. Nothing else.

don't forget the high taxes, traffic, and great cities with high crime, Newark, Irvington, Camden to name a few

I'm In Sayreville. The only thing we got is that Bon Jovi lived here. We have almost no crime. But we're Sayreville and we do football. And we were making bricks. But go Bombers!!

They've been repainting the remaining section of Rolling Thunder under El Toro all morning. Word on the street is that they'll be placing two trains on the track to further establish it as a memorial to the coaster. Ryan, could you confirm any of this at work?

They've been repainting the remaining section of Rolling Thunder under El Toro all morning. Word on the street is that they'll be placing two trains on the track to further establish it as a memorial to the coaster. Ryan, could you confirm any of this at work?

If that is true, that would be pretty awesome.

I believe it is true. I heard the same on Greatadventurehistory.com

This is a pretty classy move on Six Flags' part. They didn't need to do anything for RT, but it sure is the right thing to do in a park becoming overrun in a sense by the modern amusment park era- out with the old, in with the new, and very little time/money to remember the past.

I haven't heard about this from anyone at work yet. The Rolling Thunder Trains are still sitting in the parking lot. I could ask someone though.

Zumanjaro was testing all morning and into the afternoon pretty consistently. It's good news after seeing no activity at it for a few days. The gondolas were being lifted at full speed too. They get to the top of the tower really quickly.

The standard Six Flags move would be to just leave a giant gaping hole in Toro's structure, so I guess making a memorial to a coaster nobody liked is... creative?

kinda sounds like a waste of money if you ask me. they didn't spend any money on that ride while it was open. just look at the decrepit condition it was in for yrs till they tore it down. Now they are wasting time and money making a memorial. I think its crazy. might as well have memorials for other rides then too.

Zumanjaro was testing all morning and into the afternoon pretty consistently. It's good news after seeing no activity at it for a few days. The gondolas were being lifted at full speed too. They get to the top of the tower really quickly.

have they announced a opening yet?

So I guess that means still no word on opening? I heard there is a commercial shoot on the 25th, so my best guess would be media day the 26th and preview/opening the 27th/28th.

Ryan, or anybody, have you heard if there will be a pass holder preview, or will it just open right up after media day?

So I guess that means still no word on opening? I heard there is a commercial shoot on the 25th, so my best guess would be media day the 26th and preview/opening the 27th/28th.

Ryan, or anybody, have you heard if there will be a pass holder preview, or will it just open right up after media day?

I'm not sure. I keep hearing rumors through coaster sites that it'll open June 26th but the park has yet to announce an opening day yet. We should all probably wait a little before we get our hopes too high. Hopefully it will open by then though. And check out this new testing video. jdc12192 over at GreatAdventureHistory.com just posted it.