TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The bathroom is a guest bathroom, the only guest bathroom on the Safari ride and it's in a trailer. It couldn't be more public... it's built for guests. Rolling Thunder is clearly visible to guests and while Rolling Thunder's line is obscured by an ugly mismatched fence complete with the posts for it's old sign that looks terrible, it's still very visible if you know where to look. And like I said... the fence obstructing it is just as ugly.

While we're on the subject of the park caring how things look though, check out what they just did to the #1 coaster in the world.

... looks klassy

aw man that looks awful. is it me or is it lopsided to boot?

i like to think im kind of oblivious to all the advertising everywhere. its just blurs into the landscape to me most of the time. BUT i couldnt help but notice on sunday that there are jersey boys ads everywhere!

I noticed some areas on El Toro were retracked.. I didn't know that was possible with prefabs but it worked really well and the turnaround is a lot smoother than before. Does intamin come in and do the retracking because how else would it be done precisely?

I noticed some areas on El Toro were retracked.. I didn't know that was possible with prefabs but it worked really well and the turnaround is a lot smoother than before. Does intamin come in and do the retracking because how else would it be done precisely?

Did they retrack it with some Jersey Boys fliers? By next year instead of rider instructions the operators will say, "El Toro, proudly presented by Takis. Can you handle the heat? Check out Takis on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; all proud partners of Six Flags Great Adventure by Coca Cola."

^ Shhhh, don't give them any ideas!

As much as I also may think the new banner ad on El Toro is gaudy, the placement makes perfect sense. They're getting ready to open up Zumanjaro soon, and what's the main thing everyone's going to be looking at from that queue? El Toro. The amusement park fan says no, but the businessman / capitalist in me says "Oooh, what a great idea!".

I don't believe the turnaround was retracked. As far as I know, only a smaller portion of the second camelback and the turn into the waiting breaks was retracked. Everything else is as it was. The retracked portions seem a little different though. The new track is prefab track but metal braces were also placed where the new track is.

I also saw Zumanjaro testing at full height today. I filmed several videos and I just sent them to Robb. Hopefully he'll post them soon for you all to see.

I also saw Zumanjaro testing at full height today. I filmed several videos and I just sent them to Robb. Hopefully he'll post them soon for you all to see.

Thanks. Was it actually dropping or just being raised and lowered?

While we're on the subject of the park caring how things look though, check out what they just did to the #1 coaster in the world.

That's Klassy.

EDIT:

Full tower testing of Zumanjaro! Thanks to El Toro Ryan for the video:

That drop looks amazing! I can NOT wait to try this out!!!

I don't believe the turnaround was retracked. As far as I know, only a smaller portion of the second camelback and the turn into the waiting breaks was retracked. Everything else is as it was. The retracked portions seem a little different though. The new track is prefab track but metal braces were also placed where the new track is.

I remembered some light wood on the track at the lowest point of the turnaround. And as far as I could see the retracked areas are only the top two layers. Anyoneone have pics of it?

That's Klassy.

EDIT:

Full tower testing of Zumanjaro! Thanks to El Toro Ryan for the video:

That drop looks amazing! I can NOT wait to try this out!!!

It's Six flags. They can't get our hopes up TOO high. One good thing, one bad thing.

Nice video. Looks like a late break. Can't wait until I get to ride it next year when I'm back in the States. Had a great time in your park this Tuesday.

PS. You have a namesake working a smaller coaster.

Crazy! That drop lasts for about six seconds - probably about double the average! I love how this will give you a view of Kingda Ka when dropping or raising up. Now imagine Kingda Ka's train going over the top just as Zumanjaro drops...

Is it just me or does "camera facing forward" drop ride POV just not seem to have the same effect as watching a rider cam of it or if the camera was facing up towards the tower or down towards the ground?

Is it just me or does "camera facing forward" drop ride POV just not seem to have the same effect as watching a rider cam of it or if the camera was facing up towards the tower or down towards the ground?

After the Falcon's Fury POV, I don't think I can look at any other drop ride POV the same.

The park was empty tonight. When I got to the park after 4:00 there were a lot of school groups leaving and it looks like lines might have been bad earlier in the day because of that. Even with the rides being walk ons or 5 - 10 minute waits they were still running maximum trains on everything. Even the parachutes had 3 out of 4 sides open with no line.

I've been hearing the park is aiming to open the ride next weekend. Hopefully they stay on target.

awesome. are they going to have a season pass holders opening only perk?

I'm not sure but I'll let you know if I find out.

I wouldn't say facing straight down would be the best (with the exception of Falcon's Fury because you're actually facing the ground) angle for on-ride videos of drop towers. Maybe if the camera was tilted a little bit down like the tilting parts of Apocalypse and Acrophobia it would be good - it would look more like watching the ride through someone's eyes. You'd still be able to see most of the great drop tower view but you'd get a greater impression of the height.

I definitely agree that a rider cam angle is great though.