TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I don't think Bizarro or Batman have any single loop or element close to that pretzel loop. It may be a one trick pony but I think it's a good one.

Agreed. There is nothing like that pretzel loop. I LOVE the zero-G roll on Bizarro. Its the one part of the ride that really stands out to me. I can't pick one element from Batman that stands out as the entire ride is a blurrrr of intensity.

I'm also pro Superman. I love flying coasters and hangtime. Green lantern is a pretty fun ride too. But whenever I go, I usually only get it in once per visit because the line can get incredibly long and it is honestly not worth getting in line again for when there are so many other better coasters to ride.

Going Thursday what lines should I expect?

I'm not sure if the school year is still going on over there or not, but if it is, I'm sure the crowds will be way lighter on a Thursday. My advice is to show up at opening time so you can get in a lot of coasters. Kingda Ka, and Green Lantern have long line waits so try to get those in first. Most of the coasters there can get pretty crowded. Overall, lines should be moderate on a Thursday, especially if kids are still in school.

I have gone to the park the last 3 Thursday's. The park has been more crowded than I expected with lines for the major coasters around 30 - 40 minutes until 3 - 4 when the schools start to leave. The smaller coasters like Skull Mountain and Runaway Mine Train are walk ons or maybe a 5 minute wait at the most.

Ill keep my fingers crossed.. If anyone who has been to the park this week can confirm that its still closed during weekdays let me know!

I went yesterday for 3 hours and it was not open.

In better news, El Toro was running very fast in the afternoon. I hadn't been to the park since Jersey warmed up and almost forgot how intense the ride can be.

Well, I made it to the park yesterday. However there will be no photo TR as I was like a small child running from coaster to coaster. My fiancee snapped a few but she wasn't enjoying her self. As I said before she isn't really in to coasters and she is scared of heights to boost and the first thing I did when we got there was to take her on El Toro.

I had an amazing day until the rain hit and closed all attractions for about an hour. They did however reopen so no biggie. I hadn't had time to eat all day so it was a welcome break.

Well, as I said first of the day was El Toro. Holy s#!t that first drop! What an amazing ride. Easily the best woodie I've been on. After that it was off to Bizarro. I really liked that one. To make up for the girls near-death experience we got on the flume. A ride more to her taste. Then I believe we hopped on the mine train for a credit for me and high thrill for her. I could hardly fit in it. Next stops was Skull Mountain and Houdinis Great Escape I think until it was time for me to really enjoy myself again: Nitro! Damned that is one sweet coaster. If El Toro is the best woodie I have been on this is the best steel. Like everything this day (except for Superman) it was a walk-on to 5 min. wait so I kept running back on in circles all giggly. Then Batman was up for a ride. It was good and packed a punch in the back. After that another kiddie-ride in The Dark Knight. Green Lantern was OK but not what I remember most of the day seeing how many better rides the park has.

I'll cut it short here for now as I need to get out to Coney Island to ride Cyclone in a few minutes.

Sounds like you had a nice day! I thought about you while it was raining here in Philly and wondered how you made out. Glad you got to experience the awesomeness of our Nitro and Toro.

^^ The passes at SFNE are significantly cheaper than @ SFGAdv. I'm 99.9% sure you'll have to process it at SFNE before anywhere else, or else everyone would buy their passes from the cheapest parks in the chain to avoid paying for their home parks higher prices.

I experienced the notorious "C-Train Rattle" on Nitro for the first time yesterday. I've always shrugged off notions that the train could be that bad because I've never experienced a rattling in all of my trips to the park. But yesterday, in the back row, it was noticeable enough for me to think WTF. It mentally clicked in midway through the course and sure enough, when I looked down while sitting on the break run, the big "C" was there. It was bad, too, man! The back-jarring between two of the hills was strong enough to illicit memories of Rolling Thunder. It felt better after the mid-course breaks, though.

Its funny because Ive been to the park twice since the talk on here about the rattling C train and I have yet to experience it. I have been paying attention to what train we've been on but I've been lucky enough to not get it. I almost *want* to ride it just to see what everyone is talking about haha. Is it just in the back? I usually try to sit there unless its a particularly long wait.

^I almost always sit in the back of both due to the shorter lines, El toro you enter through the front and everyone stops so if you manage to push your way towards the back of the train the wait is usually minimal and there is definitely no lack of airtime on Toro anywhere.

I love airtime, so usually I like to sit in back of coasters. Any advice on where to sit for Toro and Nitro?

If Kingda Ka is open when I go, I'm definitely going to try for front and back.

Both get an insane amount of airtime no matter where you sit, so you can't really go wrong with any seat. They're also smooth enough that its not rough in the back. I always sit in the front, but I hear that the back seat on Toro is legendary! But this is all coming from a front seat guy, so I may not be the best one to answer this, but I don't think you can go wrong! But again, my opinion is almost always the front. And if decide to go front on Nitro, I recommend front right.

Edited by CPSFMMCW

I love airtime, so usually I like to sit in back of coasters. Any advice on where to sit for Toro and Nitro?

If Kingda Ka is open when I go, I'm definitely going to try for front and back.

I prefer back on both, but they are also tremendous front row coasters, too. I like Nitro's back row because you get floater airtime on the first drop, while Toro gives you crazy ejector on the first drop, as well as extended ejector on the camelbacks as the front of the train rips you down the drops.

2nd to last seat (middle seat of back car) is the magic seat on El Toro. I prefer the back on Nitro for the whip over the drop but the front is great too. Never done front on El Toro, never feel like waiting.

Edited by boldikus