TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Flash Pass prices generally don't change from day to day. They sometimes go up in price for Fright Fest though.

Regular is $45 per person, Gold is $65 per person and Platinum is $110 per person. Regular waits the same time as the line, Gold is 50% less, Platinum is 90% less and you get to ride twice. Even with Flash Pass if the park is very crowded you could still have a small wait for the rides (10 to 15 minutes) since all coasters merge at the station except Skull Mountain and using Nitro as an example, when it is crowded the Flash Pass line will go out of the station and down the stairs.

Also, as soon as you pass the Flash Pass attendant who let's you into the station, reserve your next ride. Don't wait to get off the ride... that's a waste of time. Then you can wait for the front of Kingda Ka (I'm using this as an example but obviously it could be any seat on any ride) and be waiting for something else at the same time.

Also, as soon as you pass the Flash Pass attendant who let's you into the station, reserve your next ride. Don't wait to get off the ride... that's a waste of time. Then you can wait for the front of Kingda Ka (I'm using this as an example but obviously it could be any seat on any ride) and be waiting for something else at the same time.
Good point. Would you guys recommend I wait to see what the crowds are like before buying or just do it online before we head over there? And if I do it before am I able to add her onto it using my "Add Someone to FP for Free" coupon?

edit: also thanks for your insight, dudes!

yes i also heard that as a rumor, probably from the same place. I don't see how it would go "under the lake"?? Huge tunnel?? I think not. Also, where will the line for zumanjaro start? WIll there have to be switchbacks with the long strip all the way to the base of the ride???

^ Did you really double post while adding a space between lines?

As for your disbelief at a large tunnel through a lake, I present Exhibit A -

Exhibit B -

Et cetera.

Good point. Would you guys recommend I wait to see what the crowds are like before buying or just do it online before we head over there? And if I do it before am I able to add her onto it using my "Add Someone to FP for Free" coupon?

edit: also thanks for your insight, dudes!

A friend and I visited the park for the first time last year, on the last operating day of the season. I'm sure this was an extreme example, but it was singlehandedly the most crowded non-Disney park experience I've had. I knew it would be insane beforehand, so since we had season passes I splurged on the gold flash pass for us. Well worth the price! It took the wait times for most of the coasters down to about fifteen minutes each. The regular queues were mostly around a two hour wait for all of the coasters. Managed to ride everything except Batman (didn't need to, wasn't credit whoring), and got a few re-rides on El Toro and Nitro.

The two things I took away from my visit there- 1) El Toro and Kingda Ka were the two standout rides. Everything else seemed to be filler. Nitro was good but not great. 2) There's a certain mentality in that particular part of the northeast that I had to accept. It was very "me first, get out of my way, I'll run you over". Not the most pleasant experience, but we managed to get through the day without any casualties, so...

The two things I took away from my visit there- 1) El Toro and Kingda Ka were the two standout rides. Everything else seemed to be filler. Nitro was good but not great. 2) There's a certain mentality in that particular part of the northeast that I had to accept. It was very "me first, get out of my way, I'll run you over". Not the most pleasant experience, but we managed to get through the day without any casualties, so...

It's really not the mentality of this part of the country at all. The crowd at Great Adventure isn't horrible, but it's not great. They're really not a representation of the majority of people in the area (it's a lot of teenagers in groups who think they're god's gift to the world).

As far as your opinion of the rides, I think it's fair... though I'd like to throw Batman in the mix even though it's a clone. That doesn't make it any less awesome.

^ Did you really double post while adding a space between lines?

As for your disbelief at a large tunnel through a lake, I present Exhibit A -

Anaconda merely goes below the water level (you can see how the concrete part of the tunnel stays above the water), not actually underwater like those water slides at Aquatica, but I see your point.

Anaconda and Vanish disappear into manmade lakes that are probably easy to pump dry. Great Adventure's is a natural one and I imagine there'd be a whole lot of paperwork in New Jersey to get a tunnel built in wetlands there. If they don't start working on it soon, I'll be shocked if it is open before July next year.

Anaconda and Vanish disappear into manmade lakes that are probably easy to pump dry. Great Adventure's is a natural one and I imagine there'd be a whole lot of paperwork in New Jersey to get a tunnel built in wetlands there. If they don't start working on it soon, I'll be shocked if it is open before July next year.

i was going to say it might be open buy aug of 2015. lol

The city is very serious about protecting those wetlands. The wetlands in question are also home to an unbelievable amount of turtles and fish (eat at Best of the West and you'll see what I mean) I don't think there's any chance of this happening, especially when they have plenty of open space they can use to build a coaster. I also don't see it happening because they already have El Toro but that's a different story.

Edited by coasterbill

I disagree... I think we could see a wooden roller coaster with inversions will hold its ground to el toro... As long as they are not right next to each other, I think it could work...

El toro is a Positive and Negative G ride... Full of extremes from both ends, if this new RMC ride was more about large inversions we could see it fit nicely into the park.

In regards to a tunnel... I'm not going to rule it out, yet. I do think it won't be in, near, or through the lake, but we could see the trench type tunnel that Goliath has..

As for location, I would hope it would go back by nitro/raging river...

Unfortunate, I still believe the park needs to replace RT with some sort of medium sized woodie, as a transition ride for kids to grow up from kiddie rides... Who knows, maybe we will see to roller coasters built in one year, and it could be a "wooden year" at SFGAdv

I don't see the point of building an RMC or any woodie by the lake or near El Toro when they have all the space behind Movietown. Also what does Obama have to do with environmentalists? ^^

Also what does Obama have to do with environmentalists? ^^

Pretty soon people are going to start blaming him every time it rains. Seriously... say what you want about the guy but not everything is his fault.

Anyway I normally agree that environmentalists can be pretty annoying but seriously... eat at Best of the West and look at the water. There are more turtles in that lake than I've ever seen anywhere else. There's a floating log over by the flume and it will always be so packed with turtles that you can't even see the log that they're standing on. There are a ton of them. They'll have a really hard time building anything there, especially when they have a ton of room for a coaster in Chiller's old spot which won't disrupt any wildlife at all.

Is it possible there is an over population due to a lack of predictors in the area?

Granted, too many turtles is a wonderful problem to have, it is really cool to watch them and look out at the lake for a little bit, since the rest of the park is so action packed, it's nice to see some nature for a little bit...

Zumanjaro's catch cars have been raising and lowering all day. I think we are getting very close to full testing

Sorry for the double post... Just wanted to let you know, I kind of hate the fact that this is the view from your "office"image.jpg.c17c091b1ee95474ef95bd83a295737b.jpg

The city is very serious about protecting those wetlands. The wetlands in question are also home to an unbelievable amount of turtles and fish (eat at Beast of the West and you'll see what I mean) I don't think there's any chance of this happening, especially when they have plenty of open space they can use to build a coaster. I also don't see it happening because they already have El Toro but that's a different story.

And building a tunnel under a nature lake is exponentially more complicated that draining a man-made lake and building a cement channel for the coaster.