TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Went to the park today for Opening Day here are some random thoughts.

El Toro has a bit of a rattle after the first turn around and throughout the rest of the ride, nothing that would ruin the ride but you can feel it.

Nitro's rattle wasn't as bad as last year. I only felt it when I was in the back.

The spot where Rolling Thunder was doesn't feel as empty as I thought it would be.

NONE of the effects were working on The Dark Knight.

New Jersey crowds have issues with Biometric scanners.

The piece of track on Rolling Thunder that went under El Toro is still there.

Zumanjaro is ridiculously tall.

More notes from opening day:

- The foam factory In the seaport is gone. This creates a lot of empty space in that area of the park.

- Zoomanjaro line is where the last air time hills on rt used to be. There is a paved path visible from El toro's station.

- Biometric passes do not have photos/to be processed. However if you want to add parking you have to go to processing.

I was at the park today as well. The park was honestly more crowded than I expected it to be. That may have been just because Kingda Ka wasn't open but there were actually decent waits at times. For instance I saw El Toro's line backed up all the way to the 120 min sign and waited almost an hour for Superman.

Got into the park at 11:30. Went to El Toro first and I gotta say I like the new view. In typical opening day fashion it broke down and me and my friend were the next ones to ride. We waited a bit, left and then we saw it open 10-15 min later. We did Bizarro instead as the first ride of the year.

After that we had lunch, rode SkyScreamer and then did 2 laps on Nitro. I talked to who I'm pretty sure was an ACEr in line when I saw his I305 shirt. Also happened to see a TPR couple about 10 people in front of me with WCB shirts. Day wrapped up nicely by finally getting back to El Toro.

I love the direction Six Flags is going in with biometric entry and ecoupons. Both should be nice positives for the park. All in all not a bad day but you could definitely tell it was opening day with El Toro inconsistent in the beginning of the day, Dark Knight was closed, Green Lantern and Superman getting stuck and employees learning.

The day was also filled with some GP moments. Caught a dude saying Rolling Thunder was the oldest coaster when RMT is still in operation, someone asked what the name of SkyScreamer was while in line for the ride, people on Nitro's line took forever moving in the queue which me and the WCB couple shook our heads about and a phone was lost on El Toro going fast right over our heads. The guys behind me told a team member and they made an announcement about not having phones out right after.

I only took a couple pictures but here they are:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397350789.654381.thumb.jpg.dd704f4019a61347e7ad4404c5e8c811.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397350808.968261.thumb.jpg.ca1081b9ab3a7141497df94ac66b0755.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397350824.178569.thumb.jpg.f4ae275392b6aecea18ed9379e54e491.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397350847.160312.thumb.jpg.1086da435c51ecf165dd5c2aaba32b03.jpg

IMAG0268.thumb.jpg.3bf9ff8c3f00c54e5937d3fac775a28b.jpgIMAG0275.thumb.jpg.46401f2bca3ca66f75ce9ea89be841d0.jpgIMAG0269.thumb.jpg.2869b381c0ab736daef79786ec13dbf6.jpgWent to the park today. It wasn't the worst opening day, it was actually pretty good amazing weather. I do have to say though I watched a guy get hit in the face on El Toro with a phone an inch closer and it would have been his eye I was sitting directly behind him too. Other than that though it was a great day

Did anyone go to the park today with a pass they processed last Fall? I was wondering if it was an issue with the biometric scanners using the old style pass with the picture on it (I'm guessing no but just want to try to plan if there will be a problem on my 1st visit to the park).

I'm so glad someone else saw the hair on the Nitro catwalk. That was hilarious.

We spent the whole day at the park and had a great day. Operations were a little slow on most rides (except El Toro and Nitro where they were great) but every coaster was running all of it's trains, the skyride was running both sides and El Toro was running amazing. It made for a great opening day. We rode all the adult coasters (except Superman), the skyride (twice), Sky Screamer and the Parachutes. The longest we waited for anything was 30 minutes for Batman in the front row.

El Toro has a bit of a rattle after the first turn around and throughout the rest of the ride, nothing that would ruin the ride but you can feel it.

I actually thought El Toro was running really smooth today (and much faster than it was last opening day). The ride rattles in a wheel seat, especially the front row of each car but it has for years. Just ride it in the middle row of a car if the rattle is an issue... trust me there won't be any more rattle.

Did anyone go to the park today with a pass they processed last Fall? I was wondering if it was an issue with the biometric scanners using the old style pass with the picture on it (I'm guessing no but just want to try to plan if there will be a problem on my 1st visit to the park).

We have a Magic Mountain membership from last year (we live in New York... long story, lol), with an old pass they don't even make you use the finger scanner. You just scan the pass and walk right in.

Every year I hope they fix the broken effects but if none were working that's even worse. The hologram billboards at the end of the hairpin turns haven't been working for years. Same with the Bat Signal at the end of the ride.

I was also on the train where the cell phone hit the support beam and then hit some guy in the face ( wierd ). They gave a longwinded speech about how if you hold your cell phone on a ride you would be ejected from the park for a year. I agree with this policy especially after hearing the WHACK the phone made when it hit the support beam. It was at the bottom of the second airtime hill so it had to hurt

On a more cheerful note, I had the oppertunity to see the 3 new lion cubs at Camp Adventura up close. If your in the park and the line for SORA isnt long (or you have alot of time), absolutely do not miss them. It doesnt get any more adorable than lion cubs playing!

Has anyone else gotten the new survey about dining and games? I really hope they don't use any of the names mentioned in it. "Eat fresh, ride fresh" has to be the worst name for a healthy restaurant ever.

I got the dining one via e-mail a week ago.

Went to the park today to get my season pass and show my dad around, as it was his first time there. While waiting in the line to add parking onto my pass I noticed El Toro running and then stopping, so when I got my pass finished I walked over to discover it had broken down and with a lot of people in line I headed to Green Lantern.

I'm not sure if anyone else was waiting in line around 3PM but at that time only one of the trains was running with riders on it. About 20 minutes later the 2nd train was put back in service with one of its rows blocked off, so the line started moving faster. Maybe like 5 minutes later someone threw up on the ride which knocked that train back out of service for a few runs. I felt that the ride was running pretty smooth unlike last time I was on it 2 years ago.

I give huge props to the Six Flags crew, who have to clean that type of stuff up because I'm not sure if I would be able to. Besides all of that it was nice just being able to walk around the park and take in the atmosphere.