TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

having a medium sized drop tower wouldn't sound very appealing.

That drop tower at Knoebels is OMFG insane. It's the best drop tower I've ever ridden (I prefer it to Lex Luthor, the 1st gens and the huge gyro drops at KD and KI... it blows the S&S towers away).

That being said no new drop tower would make any sense at Cedar Point at all since they have Power Tower.

^Again, even though this might be most coaster enthusiasts' opinion (I did find the intamin first gen tower awesome) I'm not sure if the GP agrees and, let's face it, they are the majority.

So as I've mentioned this is my first year with a season pass and I'm hoping to get to SFGAdv bright and early this Saturday to get a bunch of rides in and to process my pass. I have a couple questions I was not able to find answers to elsewhere. Sorry if I come across as an idiot.

- Should I expect to wait forever to have my SP processed? Even if I arrive as early as possible? Hoping to get a ton of coasters in and not looking forward to this being a long part of my day. Trip reports from SFA this past weekend are discouraging.

- Im assuming there is somewhere specific I am supposed to get this processed (i.e. not at the main entry/gate?) and do I need to do it before entering the park for the day? For instance, if I decide to have it processed later in the day due to a long line, can I still enter with my pass and then come back for processing later? I'm going with a few non-SP holders and would hate for them to have to wait on me while I have this done.

- Does the SP processing area typically open same time as the park?

- Since I have a gold pass which covers parking, does this have to be processed before I can use it as we enter the gates into the lot?

Thanks for any insight/info on this. Again sorry to sound like an idiot, just want to have an idea of what to expect on Saturday.

I wish I could deliver some good news here but you should expect to wait an insanely long time to get your pass processed. It's possible that they've sped this up this year but we've been passholders since 2001 and every year pass processing lines are around 2-3 hours.

My advice would be to get there before the park opens and run to the processing area (or walk at a brisk pace, don't break any park rules).

They have 2 processing areas unless they moved them. One of them is in the ugly white tent near Superman, to get to the other one make a left when you get in the park, when you pass the teacups go into the arcade near them, cut through the arcade and once you exit the building is right on your left. Generally that's the main one so go there first, but what I'd do is get there like 30 minutes early (at least) and ask someone who works there where you need to go to process the path so you're ready once the park opens.

I don't know if processing opens with the park, but go there first regardless. You enter with the printed voucher and you can process the pass later in the day but don't do this. I can't stress this enough. Do it immediately.

As far as parking, you can show them your printed vouchers and they'll let you park for free.

I STRONGLY suggest getting a membership, I have one just so I don't have to wait in that hellish pass processing line ever again.

According to Great Adventure's website

Memberships don't expire. A Season Pass expires at the end of the current park "season" (the date that the park closes for the current year). A Membership will not expire until you decide to cancel it. (Membership are eligible for cancellation after the first 12 months.) Added bonus: Members can keep their Six Flags Membership cards from one year to the next and never need to get a new ID made at the park.

This will be the first time we've used it in 2014 but according to Six Flags it will work from year to year and never need to be processed as long as we keep the account active.

Thank you for the insight, coasterbill. Not looking forward to any of that. :/ Why such a long wait? So many folks processing or just not enough employees? Is it a long process for each individual? You'd think they would have a higher capacity for this on opening day but I suppose we are talking about Six Flags...

Also to clarify when you say "in the ugly white tent near Superman" does this mean OUTSIDE the park? I'm assuming so and sorry if this should be obvious, I'm the type of person that likes to know exactly what I'm getting myself into.

Thank you for the insight, coasterbill. Not looking forward to any of that. :/ Why such a long wait? So many folks processing or just not enough employees?

It's a combination of both really. Six Flags is incredibly inefficient and there are a lot of people getting passes processed. On closing weekend last year there was a 3 hour wait for 2014 pass processing stretching from the building near Superman, past the parachute drop, past the slingshot and finally ending near the game booths.

Honestly with my experience processing passes, every time I wait until later in the day to do it, there's no line so that would be my suggestion since people tend to do it early. If you stay at the park until 6, the processing line in my experience has cleared out by then.

Honestly with my experience processing passes, every time I wait until later in the day to do it, there's no line so that would be my suggestion since people tend to do it early. If you stay at the park until 6, the processing line in my experience has cleared out by then.

Agreed! Running to pass processing early in the day is a waste of time unless you need to leave the park early.

I'd agree with this normally but not on opening day. Last year the lines actually got worse as they day progressed.

Well since I'll be with a group that will likely not feel like waiting looks like I'll check in the morning if its not bad I'll wait, if its bad first thing I'll just have to check back throughout the day. :/ Thanks all.

Quick question for any regular visitors to Great Adventure. The gold season pass mentions VIP early entry, but there is no explanation of exactly what this entails. Is this early ride time or simply the ability to get into the park ten minutes before everyone else and get to the front of lines?

We're visiting for a day and a half and it seems the season passes are the cheapest option; parking fees mount up and even if buying single day tickets at a discounted rate, the gold pass works out around the same price. Any ideas how long processing of a season pass is likely to take? Keep in mind we'll be arriving on May 27th.

Will king da ka be open while they are testing dropof doom?

Most likely no. But now that the vertical construction is done there is a very slim chance that it"ll be open

Well Lex Luther and Superman were both operating when I went there, So I don't see why Zoomanjaro would cause Kingda Ka to be closed.