TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I hope that path reopens. It would save a lot of time getting to Kingda Ka from Frontier Adventures and Plaza Del Carnaval.

Anyone who wastes their time riding Kingda Ka doesn't deserve a short cut to El Toro.

I got a laugh out of this but I do have to agree with Yoshi, the fact that Golden Kingdom is now 2 separate areas that aren't connected to eachother at all is beyond stupid. And Kingda Ka is actually a great ride if (and only if) you wait for the front seat... especially if you have a Q Bot and reserve El Toro so you're technically waiting for El Toro when you're waiting for Kingda Ka's front seat.

I hope that path reopens. It would save a lot of time getting to Kingda Ka from Frontier Adventures and Plaza Del Carnaval.

Anyone who wastes their time riding Kingda Ka doesn't deserve a short cut to El Toro.

I LOVE Kingda Ka but to each their own.

Question for anyone who knows: why is Nitro's support system for the main stretch of the ride (lift hill, first drop and valley, and return hills) so odd? I'm going to attach a picture, but anybody who's seen the ride or even a POV of it has to have noticed how much different those supports are from any other B&M hyper out there.

Nitro_coaster.thumb.jpg.1bea87881dd66b466947708094981d3f.jpg

Am I the only person who found the first part of Nitro almost devoid of airtime? I rode it twice, near the front and back ends of the train, and found the floater hills less intense than even Diamondback. It could have been a bad trim day, but still, I found the ride mediocre and quite overrated (even in the Mitch poll.)

Am I the only person who found the first part of Nitro almost devoid of airtime? I rode it twice, near the front and back ends of the train, and found the floater hills less intense than even Diamondback. It could have been a bad trim day, but still, I found the ride mediocre and quite overrated (even in the Mitch poll.)

My rides on it have been inconsistent, but I find the front much better for smoothness/airtime than the back. It has the potential to be a very, very good ride.

Well directly below the lift is a pond or water holding area, and the supports don't go into the water. So they go to each side creating the unique style for the supports in that area.

I don't mean the lift supports, really. I shouldn't have said that - they're standard for a B&M at the time. What I'm really curious about is the bottom of the drop and pull-up into the next hill. I understand the design for the lift, but not for the supports after or for the return run. They're just genuinely ugly and can't possibly be an efficient use of steel.

nitro8.jpg.f1ee37457570d271f374c07dedc716b4.jpg

Well directly below the lift is a pond or water holding area, and the supports don't go into the water. So they go to each side creating the unique style for the supports in that area.

I don't mean the lift supports, really. I shouldn't have said that - they're standard for a B&M at the time. What I'm really curious about is the bottom of the drop and pull-up into the next hill. I understand the design for the lift, but not for the supports after or for the return run. They're just genuinely ugly and can't possibly be an efficient use of steel.

LOL, totally different area. It's does seem odd, and there is also weird cross bracing as well at the bottom of those supports too. I can't think it was simply a design decision, based on the bracing, but it could just simply be over built.

image.thumb.jpg.17bebc2f80b509cdd08ffc0bc82abf6d.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.17bebc2f80b509cdd08ffc0bc82abf6d.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.cce8c0bbb1382a2cc859a8f5924f8ab7.jpg

Footers damage the ground and are hard to remove after the coaster retires. I guess they are trying to build as less footers as possible.

How dose a footer damage the ground? It is made out of sand rocks cement and water and steel but its illegal for it to touch the ground and has to be in cased in concrete. Also it is much harder to remove track 230' in the air than it is to take out a footer.