TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Yeah, there's a difference between 'rushed to completion' and 'Kings Island has put up the longest invert in the world through the cold and the snow with no problems and Six Flags has a pattern of doing the exact opposite'.

You also have to take the height in to account. Central and Southern Jersey have been hit hard with extremely high wind gusts just at ground level over the past few weeks. I can't even imagine how bad the wind is 200, 300, 400, 500 feet in the air.

There will also be several changes at Great Adventure's restaurants for 2014.

Ted's Cheesesteaks in the Boardwalk will become Garden State Grill this year. The restaurant will include appetizers, specialty burgers, turkey burgers, and vegetarian burgers.

The Great Character Café will become the Yum Yum Café in 2014! It's not exactly Yum Yum Palace but surely captures the spirit of the original name. The changes will not be in name only - the Looney Tunes Characters outside the restaurant will be removed and the restaurant will once again have ice cream on the menu! Between last year's beautiful exterior paint job and these changes, it is wonderful to see this Great Adventure original benefitting from some nostalgia!

Like This

Both quoted from Great Adventure History.

The Twister will also be sponsored by Twix this season.

The Great Character Café will become the Yum Yum Café in 2014! It's not exactly Yum Yum Palace but surely captures the spirit of the original name. The changes will not be in name only - the Looney Tunes Characters outside the restaurant will be removed and the restaurant will once again have ice cream on the menu! Between last year's beautiful exterior paint job and these changes, it is wonderful to see this Great Adventure original benefitting from some nostalgia!

Like This

I like this idea. Would love to see an old time ice cream parlor but not sure what they can/will do based on existing relationships with ice cream vendors.

I like this idea. Would love to see an old time ice cream parlor but not sure what they can/will do based on existing relationships with ice cream vendors.

I am quite sure that the options are either Cold Stone, Dippin' Dots, or Breyer's. I'm pretty sure Ben & Jerry's pulled out entirely last season.

I am quite sure that the options are either Cold Stone, Dippin' Dots, or Breyer's. I'm pretty sure Ben & Jerry's pulled out entirely last season.

Was there an issue between SF and Ben and Jerry's?

Like This

SFSTL has an awesome Prairie Farms ice cream parlor. It is beautifully decorated and the ice cream is a decent price for the size of the fresh waffle cones .

Like This

SFSTL has an awesome Prairie Farms ice cream parlor. It is beautifully decorated and the ice cream is a decent price for the size of the fresh waffle cones .

I'm not familiar with that. Where is it in the Park? Had I known I may have went there instead of Coldstone lol!

Not major news but it's nice to see... it was pretty insane that a building that looked like this.

Didn't serve ice cream. Then again it's Great Adventure, the same place where this stand didn't serve hot dogs.

Courtesy of Great Adventure History

When I first saw that building I was so excited to see such an enormous building for ice cream and desserts. I was deeply disappointed to say the least.

It could be one of those popular create-your-own frozen yogurt sundae venues like what Dorney and Hersheypark currently or will have.

I never ate in the Character Cafe because I always passed it up in favor of Granny's or Best of the West. Since I'll have a season pass for here, I'll have to stop in and check it out sometime this year.

Like This

I'm not familiar with that. Where is it in the Park? Had I known I may have went there instead of Coldstone lol!

In the front mall area. If you're walking in the gate, take an immediate left and it's right on the corner with a pink/cream colored facade. Much better product and price than cold stone!

I hate that we're getting so much updates from other coasters and rides at parks, yet we've got like no construction photos of Zumanjaro! Ok, maybe like one, but seriously, wish there were more.

I agree but that's probably because there's nothing to look at. They're reinforcing Kingda Ka's structure and they have parts being fabricated but it doesn't look like there's anything going on that's going to visually impressive (at least not yet). My biggest hope is that this new path and former Rolling Thunder area doesn't look like complete crap. I could so see the station and queue still in place with a bench and some garbage cans in front of it.

I hate that we're getting so much updates from other coasters and rides at parks, yet we've got like no construction photos of Zumanjaro! Ok, maybe like one, but seriously, wish there were more.

I agree but that's probably because there's nothing to look at. They're reinforcing Kingda Ka's structure and they have parts being fabricated but it doesn't look like there's anything going on that's going to visually impressive (at least not yet). My biggest hope is that this new path and former Rolling Thunder area doesn't look like complete crap. I could so see the station and queue still in place with a bench and some garbage cans in front of it.

I think that if Six Flags does it right, the new path could be really awesome. And I think we're underestimating them a bit. It wouldn't surprise me if they plan on expanding in the area where rolling thunder used to be. They could easily use the path to create a new area, then expand that, and then use that path to lead to a new coaster that they could build back there. Rolling Thunder took up so much space, and it would be a great use of the land.

As awesome as drop rides are, it's only a matter of time until a member of the oh-so-incredible Great Adventure clientele throws some object at an oncoming Ka train and everything gets shut down.