TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I like the way you think... might be nice to do the year after they do the backwards batman thing... the section of the park could truly use a reinvention... and I feel like the Chris Nolan version is a bit more accessible to people these days than the Tim Burton version...

I know I am amongst a minority here, but I still think an RMC woodie going in the nice open lot where RT once stood is a highly likely possibility. Especially with the route SF has been taking. I dont necessarily think it will be for 2015 but I would not be surprised (or at all disappointed) to see it by 2016 or 2017.

I just dont agree with the common excuse that they have El Toro and it would not be right next to El Toro that many Enthusiasts say. I have never been on El Toro but I know without having to experience it that an RMC and El Toro present completely different ride experiences.

I know I am amongst a minority here, but I still think an RMC woodie going in the nice open lot where RT once stood is a highly likely possibility. Especially with the route SF has been taking. I dont necessarily think it will be for 2015 but I would not be surprised (or at all disappointed) to see it by 2016 or 2017.

I just dont agree with the common excuse that they have El Toro and it would not be right next to El Toro that many Enthusiasts say. I have never been on El Toro but I know without having to experience it that an RMC and El Toro present completely different ride experiences.

The thing is, though, is that RT was a good beginner coaster while El Toro is for the more experienced rider. If RMC comes and builds another extreme woodie next to El Toro, what would the younger kids ride that would be a good starting coaster? Yes, it would be nice to have a RMC next to El Toro, but would it be practical?

Also Skull Mountain and The Dark Knight.

With Road Runner Railway with a 36" requirement, Blackbeard's with a 41" requirement, The Dark Knight with a 42" requirement and Skull Mountain and Runaway Mine Train with a 44" requirement there are a lot of good coasters for kids to start out with and work their way up to the more extreme rides compared to other parks in the area like Dorney where the only coaster for a kid under 44" is Woodstock's Express and then there is Thunderhawk at 48" (and Wild Mouse but even if a kid meets the height requirement there was a rule added last year you have to be at least 8 years old to ride the coaster).

^ I agree. I just dont think SF viewed RT as a "starter" Coaster. I'm not saying an RMC is definitely going to happen. I'm just saying the possibility is greater than most think. I'm honestly surprised I'm amongst such a small minority of thinking one could be on the way and going into RT spot. Again, I put emphasis on MAY and POSSIBLY. I'm just not putting any emphasis on NEVER and NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Sorry, cant change my mind lol!

^ I agree. I just dont think SF viewed RT as a "starter" Coaster. I'm not saying an RMC is definitely going to happen. I'm just saying the possibility is greater than most think. I'm honestly surprised I'm amongst such a small minority of thinking one could be on the way and going into RT spot. Again, I put emphasis on MAY and POSSIBLY. I'm just not putting any emphasis on NEVER and NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Sorry, cant change my mind lol!

An RMC right next to El Toro WOULD be redundant, it would be like putting a Bizarro (SFNE) clone right next to Nitro. Sure, to enthusiasts the rides are very different, but at the end of the day they're both hyper coasters that focus on airtime. It'd make no gosh-durned sense. Wait, what am I saying, OF COURSE Six Flags would do this. They'll probably name it something DC-related too, since that would look great jammed in between Little Mexico and Jungle Land.

That's it, my official prediction: an RMC called the Riddler's Revenge with a 90° drop and three inversions on a flat grassy field and a couple 2D pictures of giant question marks put next to the track.

Apparently Rolling Thunder was a very thrilling coaster when it opened.

As for what would replace Rolling Thunder, I absolutely do not think it will be something from Rocky Mountain because the experience would be too much like El Toro. In all of my knowledge I do not know of any Six Flags park that has put two similar coasters right next to each other except possibly Dark Knight being placed right next to Skull Mountain. But that's a stretch as they're two different kinds of coasters.

In fact, the only park that I can think of off the top of my head that has two similar coasters that don't race is Canada's Wonderland.

Apparently Rolling Thunder was a very thrilling coaster when it opened.

As for what would replace Rolling Thunder, I absolutely do not think it will be something from Rocky Mountain because the experience would be too much like El Toro. In all of my knowledge I do not know of any Six Flags park that has put two similar coasters right next to each other except possibly Dark Knight being placed right next to Skull Mountain. But that's a stretch as they're two different kinds of coasters.

In fact, the only park that I can think of off the top of my head that has two similar coasters that don't race is Canada's Wonderland.

What about SFNE with Flashback and Goliath? And outside Six Flags, Hershey with Wildcat and Lightning Racer?

To be fair there is a huge difference between Flashback and Goliath when it comes to ride experience. One ride is good and the other one is awful and they really feel nothing alike in any way.

They're both boomerangs. An RMC would ride really different from El Toro, it would still be redundant.

Well SFMM has two 4D coasters when no other park in North America has one. The two are very different rides, but still.

RMC is gonna put a coaster on top of El Toro. It's gonna be called Iron Toro. Just think about what that would be like for a moment.

I'm just glad I got to ride RT again this year so I don't feel too terrible about its loss. I'm really curious about what might go there. Maybe something in 2015? Isn't it like a Six Flags anniversary year or something?

Id rather see a Gravity Group ride go from next to the Ferris Wheel over to the water tower along the parking lot and back. I feel like that side of the park could use something, and a slightly less insane ride would fit quite nicely into the family atmosphere of the section... plus imagine what the parking lot view would look like now!!

To be fair there is a huge difference between Flashback and Goliath when it comes to ride experience. One ride is good and the other one is awful and they really feel nothing alike in any way.

They're both boomerangs. An RMC would ride really different from El Toro, it would still be redundant.

I agree that it would be redundant, but there's nothing wrong with having two great wood coasters (I still don't think it will happen though because I'm really confident that our next major coaster will be a Wingrider). As far as SFNE goes having the 2 coasters next to eachother looks ridiculous but they really are entirely different ride experiences even though technically they're both boomerangs.

To me Gadv still does not feel like a 'complete' park. Sure the coasters are great, but things like closing off Old Country for YEARS, having dead ends randomly appear in the park, and a severe lack of solid flat rides really hurt the overall appeal. Getting rid of Rolling Thunder and modernizing the ride line-up with the addition of Zumanjaro is an awesome idea in my opinion. However, what ticks me off is I still feel like parts of this park are neglected. Before we even worry about what is going in Rolling Thunders place, let's please revitalize Old Country. That is a must! I feel like an addition of 2-3 solid flats while opening the Old Country dead end will do so much more than just sticking a coaster down where RT used to be.

Give me some of these:

this is not a flat ride, but still would work well in that section:

To me Gadv still does not feel like a 'complete' park. Sure the coasters are great, but things like closing off Old Country for YEARS, having dead ends randomly appear in the park, and a severe lack of solid flat rides really hurt the overall appeal. Getting rid of Rolling Thunder and modernizing the ride line-up with the addition of Zumanjaro is an awesome idea in my opinion. However, what ticks me off is I still feel like parts of this park are neglected. Before we even worry about what is going in Rolling Thunders place, let's please revitalize Old Country. That is a must! I feel like an addition of 2-3 solid flats while opening the Old Country dead end will do so much more than just sticking a coaster down where RT used to be.

I do agree with this, it's sad to see an area like Old Country being boarded off from guests. A Movietown-Old Country renovation would be really nice.

^^I'm sure people are lining up for a ride just like Shoot the Rapids right now . I love the other 2 ideas but don't see either of them happening.

Great Adventure does have a severe lack of non-coaster rides, but in the last 3 years they've done a lot to correct this problem with the addition of Adventure Alley, Safari Off Road Adventure and the new drop ride. I'm happy to see that they're addressing it.