TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Has anyone seen any construction going on with the Tower of Kingda Ka? I know its hard to see since the park is closed, but maybe something from the Parking lot by the Pond?

Im too far away to drive down just to look, but would love to know if anything is going on! (where's Flyin Phil when you need him!)

So there's a pretty good chunk of land available now that Rolling Thunder is gone. Do we know what's going to replace it yet or is it all speculation right now? I'd imagine it would have to be replaced with a higher capacity ride to make up for the loss in capacity.

Edit: Just realized I only ride one side of Rolling Thunder, woops, missed a credit there.

^ A walkway to the backside of Kinda Ka for Zumanjaro. So far, that's all they had released as 'plans' alongside expanding that area. I'm sure in a few years they will need to bulldoze more trees since they changed their mind again on what they want to do

Knowing Great Adventure, it's very likely that they won't replace it with anything (other than the walkway to the drop tower and animal exhibits). They didn't replace Old Country with anything, they just kind of closed it off.

If anything I think the park will end up with a Wingrider, only because it's one of the only coaster types they don't have... there have been some Screamscape rumors about it over the last few years too which add a tiny bit of merit to that way of thinking.

It definitely opens up a lot of space for expansion. Building out past the Kingda Ka Tower to the old front of the Safari will definitely allow the park to expand.

Although, I wish they would put some love on the other side of the park.. it seems run down and tired...

Knowing Great Adventure, it's very likely that they won't replace it with anything (other than the walkway to the drop tower and animal exhibits). They didn't replace Old Country with anything, they just kind of closed it off.

Out of all of the decisions that have been made at this park over the years, this is by far the most disappointing for me. There is a ton of potential over there. Heck, even if they just opened it up just so there is another route to get over to MovieTown that would be great. I really liked the feel of the area walking through there. It was like old Great Adventure, and now it is all closed off. It is really disappointing.

I know Rolling Thunder was demolished to make way for the path to Zumanjaro, but what is wrong with them just extending the Golden Kingdom path past Kingda Ka to the tower? Seems like that would make a lot more sense and take less effort. Its closer to the tower than Rolling Thunder was.

And I agree that the Nitro/Batman side of the park feels neglected. That side and especially Movietown were ghost towns when I visited in 2011. A wing coaster would actually be very nice in Chiller's spot.

Out of all of the decisions that have been made at this park over the years, this is by far the most disappointing for me. There is a ton of potential over there. Heck, even if they just opened it up just so there is another route to get over to MovieTown that would be great. I really liked the feel of the area walking through there. It was like old Great Adventure, and now it is all closed off. It is really disappointing.

I agree. Even without a lot of rides in the area I really liked the Old Country section of the park. I know they aren't going to reopen Autobahn with new bumper cars and Music Express isn't in operating condition but it would be nice if they bought a couple of flat rides and put them in those spots and re-opened the area.

I know Rolling Thunder was demolished to make way for the path to Zumanjaro, but what is wrong with them just extending the Golden Kingdom path past Kingda Ka to the tower? Seems like that would make a lot more sense and take less effort. Its closer to the tower than Rolling Thunder was.

I could be wrong but I would assume it is because of safety concerns since the accident. I don't believe they would want to get the path too close to the track going up toward the ride.

I agree. Even without a lot of rides in the area I really liked the Old Country section of the park. I know they aren't going to reopen Autobahn with new bumper cars and Music Express isn't in operating condition but it would be nice if they bought a couple of flat rides and put them in those spots and re-opened the area.

I realize the park has a budget, and they can only do so much from year to year for park improvements, and reopening the area would not be a huge announcement type thing that would bring in people and get them excited about the park.... but it would be nice to spend a couple million one year to re-open the area and put a couple of decent flats in there to open up the park a little bit and keep some of the bottleneck that occurs in that area during the busy season.