TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I just found it really bumpy and annoying, more than anything else. It was just a "generic," wooden out-and-back coaster that had not aged well.

Agreed. It ran well this season, for the first time in about 25 years.

I guess it wanted to go out in a "blaze of glory."

I'm glad to see at least one pic of the demolition. I googled it and couldnt find anything. It came down a lot faster than expected too. Had any demolition been going on during Fright Fest, or did all of this occur since the season ended?

Looks like the lift is the only thing left I know it wasn't a great ride but seeing any ride getting demolished is sad. Now it really is rotting lumber

RT's lift hill looks like a ghost in that picture.

It's gonna be so weird riding El Toro without Rolling Thunder there...

Looks like the lift is the only thing left I know it wasn't a great ride but seeing any ride getting demolished is sad. Now it really is rotting lumber

RT's lift hill looks like a ghost in that picture.

It's gonna be so weird riding El Toro without Rolling Thunder there...

^Even as a pile of splintered lumber, it's a better ride than Son of Beast ever was.

Edited by cfc

There's nothing really to dislike about El Toro.

I dislike the two sharp, distinct bumps it's developed on the way back from the first turn around. Not that I'm against a little roughness in a wooden coaster of course, I just remember the days when it was freakishly, eerily smooth. They have come and gone.

Oh, and I concur in hoping that Six Flags does something to conceal El Toro's finale instead of doing something dumb like putting a path right next to it. But I'll keep my hopes low, since this is SF after all. I'll be happy if the area doesn't remain an empty dirt field.

Honestly, I think that watching the finale from a walkway will look like fun (just like it looked from the Rolling Thunder Station). When your actually on it you realize how fast it really hauls through that section.

I do hope we can walk under El Toro where RT once flew under... would make a nice cut through and fix the lack of access to Kingda Ka...

^Except that it's not in Virginia.

Fixed.

Comments like these help me realize that I'm really, really fortunate that I have this coaster practically in my backyard.

Oh El Toro, I'll never take you for granted...

Fixed.

How about Florida? LOL Our Sunshine State needs El Toro!

We do need one in Florida. I have to drive 16+ hours if I want to go ride El Toro. I can't see any parks in FL getting an Intamin woodie though. I would only have hope for BG to get one but after all the trouble with Gwazi I don't think we will be seeing another woodie...

Fixed.

We do need one in Florida. I have to drive 16+ hours if I want to go ride El Toro.

Could be worse. I need to have a 2 hour drive + a 7 hour flight + one hour (at least) drive to ride el toro. And guess what, on either of my tow trips to Great Adventure (which come really expensive) I didn't get to ride it: the first time it was so crowded that I din't have time and in the second one it was closed. Yay!

Fixed.

Reno. How about our area even gets ONE coaster within a 3 hour radius. Even a kiddie coaster is 2 hours away!