TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

It's $8 for 1 trail or $15 for unlimited for the day or $20 for the entire Fright Fest for passholders. I'm not into the Fright Fest trails/mazes but if I were I'd go to Dorney instead where they have around 10 or 11 Haunt attractions and no extra charge.

Crowds are much lower today than over the weekend. I just got to the park around 15 minutes ago and the major coasters have 20 to 30 minute waits based on the lines I saw for Superman and Green Lantern from the parking lot and walking past Batman to get to Nitro.

The second to last Saturday during Fright Fest in 2011 reached around 40,000 guests. All of the lots were full and even at around 9 there was still a constant stream of people entering the park. That was the night my car and quite a few others were broken into.

I will be hitting up GAdv with a friend for the first time on Sunday, Oct. 27th (we will be in DC for the weekend and were going to hit up KD but decided it would be worth the drive up to GAdv). Any tips for us? Already bought us the gold flash pass, didn't want to take any chances with the crowds.

Justshowedupat the park and went stright to eltoro. In typical fright fest fassion the line was far out of the que and going over the bridge to bizzaro. Eltoro just broke down again but we have no idea what is going on. They even had track inspectors on the track! Hope this isint another major eltoro breakdown :/

Justshowedupat the park and went stright to eltoro. In typical fright fest fassion the line was far out of the que and going over the bridge to bizzaro. Eltoro just broke down again but we have no idea what is going on. They even had track inspectors on the track! Hope this isint another major eltoro breakdown :/

Maybe you should have arrived in the park at 10AM to get some rides in before the crowds. Sounds like you damn well knew there would be huge lines in the evening.

Maybe you should have arrived in the park at 10AM to get some rides in before the crowds. Sounds like you damn well knew there would be huge lines in the evening.

Yep! Really wanted to show up early but we were taking forever to leave. By the way sorry for the bad grammar before, i was typing on my cracked iphone screen. However Eltoro did open back up, not sure what closed it though.

Tonight was the most crowded of the all the Friday night Fright Fest trips to the park I went to this year but that was to be expected since the last weekend is always the most crowded. Line weren't too bad though. The only real long line I waited in was season pass processing for 40 minutes, other than that I waited 20 minutes for Green Lantern and Nitro, 10 minutes for Kingda Ka and less than 10 minutes for everything else. Nitro had trains dispatching around every 70 seconds.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask considering I sort of have a trip planning thead elsewhere on the forum, but here is probably my best shot.

We currently have Tuesday 26th May planned as our Six Flags Great Adventure day, but we also plan to come back the following morning before driving on to Dorney Park. I'm concerned that this won't be enough time to see the whole park and/or get rerides on the better coasters. I should say we're not too fussed about missing out on the flats...

Any thoughts? Do we need a second full day? Time is kind of tight at this end of our trip and I'm not sure I'd want to sacrifice time at Dorney, Knoebels or Hershey.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask considering I sort of have a trip planning thead elsewhere on the forum, but here is probably my best shot.

We currently have Tuesday 26th May planned as our Six Flags Great Adventure day, but we also plan to come back the following morning before driving on to Dorney Park. I'm concerned that this won't be enough time to see the whole park and/or get rerides on the better coasters. I should say we're not too fussed about missing out on the flats...

Any thoughts? Do we need a second full day? Time is kind of tight at this end of our trip and I'm not sure I'd want to sacrifice time at Dorney, Knoebels or Hershey.

You don't need a second day. Even on the most crowded day I've ever seen I was still able to ride all of the coasters at least once. Green Lantern and Superman are going to have absolutely ridiculous lines all day, so try to hit them in the evening. Start with El Toro and then just do whatever you want to really. I usually do El Toro and Bizarro and then head over to Nitro, Batman, Skull Mountain, Dark Knight, eat over there, then head back and get to what I haven't yet. I'd only go the second day if you miss El Toro or Nitro.

It really wasn't such a bad ride. I rode it that last Sunday it was operating, and while it was obviously very poorly maintained, it never picked up enough speed to be what I'd call "rough". It was boring, but a good family ride. One of the first coasters I ever went on. And if they ran the stupid thing so the trains raced, as it was designed, it could've been a lot more exciting. It's important to have those rides for kids to go on while they're still staring up in awe at all the rides they aren't tall enough for yet. Hopefully the park doesn't get rid of Runaway Mine Train or Skull Mountain, at least until it's got a suitable replacement.

One thing I'll never forget from my last ride on it is the terrible grinding noises the train made going around every turn, like the BSL in Philly going into and out of suburban station.

I didn't think Rolling Thunder was rough in any way, shape or form. It wasn't even bumpy... but it was really, really boring and it made terrible noises around turns. I agree with the last poster about the ride racing also. When trains were sent at the same time one train would always win by about 10 seconds... this ride couldn't effectively race unless they adjusted the lift speed or sent one train a little later which would make the first half of the race very uninteresting.

While I didn't care for the ride at all I am surprised to see it go. Old wood coasters in large corporate parks are very rarely demolished unless they're extremely painful and this one wasn't at all. I also think they could have turned the train backwards on one side and generated some buzz for awhile. They seem to be in love with turning coasters backwards lately and I'm surprised they didn't do that with Rolling Thunder.

I kind of get the feeling that this ride was suffering from some mechanical issues over the last few years that were getting expensive to fix. It seemed like one track or the other kept closing for a few weeks while maintenance worked on it and just judging by the sounds the ride was making it seemed like they needed to do a lot of work on the trains. Obviously I'm just speculating but I think rising maintenance costs were definitely a big part of this decision.

It wont be 2014 because the Chassis is going to SFMM. Maybe SFGAdv will get it for 2015. I also thought it would have been cool to go in the order that BM:TR was introduced to each park. But alas that is not happening apparently.