TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ I'm at GAdv right now, watching it go with riders.

I don't trust anyone.

I guess i have to go check it out myself tomorrow.

I'm happy to verify that El Toro was running today. It didn't open until 11:30 (an hour after the park opens) preventing me from getting 12-15 rides in but it is certainly back.

Saw more parts on site for Zumanajaro. I'm still curious about how difficult it will be to move the power shed/building from in front of Kingda Ka, because it is clear there can not run/install the drop without relocating the shed. Please correct me if that is not the power shed.

I think were all forgetting to realize the amount of space of the just opened up with removing rolling thunder. It appears to be almost the size of Superman and Green Lantern combined. I hope that they find a way to have the general public path go between the entrance to kingda ka and underneath El Toro to meet up for the entrance to the new ride. This would allow us to have a lot more space near the twisting section of El Toro for a new roller coaster, as well as open up the space behind the tower, that is currently the old entrance to the Safari, for even more expansion in future years. In the eyes of general management, this is genius...

Edited by Brassinthegrass

Sad to hear that Rolling Thunder is leaving but not everything can stay around forever. It was the first coaster that I got to ride at GAdv before I got the courage to go on El Toro.

My friend has been dying to go to to Six Flags for the past 2 years, and now with Rolling Thunder leaving I've finally told her we are going. I hope the crowds aren't too bad on the 8th because I want to make sure we can hit all of the coasters and do some re-rides.

I'm considering heading down to the park on Monday or Tuesday for the first time. Any advice on crowds and/or which coasters to hit first, etc?

I always go straight to El Toro, then Bizarro, then Kingda Ka, then Nitro. After that it's really whatever you want to do. Just remember that Green Lantern and Superman will always have long lines until the end of the day about an hour before closing. As long as you are wise with wait times you will be able to get on everything.

Let's remember the park already had plenty of room for a new coaster where the old German section and Chiiler and Freefall used to be.

I would not be surprised to see some of the area vacated by Rolling Thunder turn into a babboon walk through exhibit since they could not be included in the Off Road Adventure.

I found an article about 'Jackson Officials' planning a hotel near Six Flags Great Adventure. Based on the concept art it looks like it will be across from Hurricane Harbor. It's cool seeing students from my college submitted concepts for the hotel!

http://www.app.com/article/20130819/NJNEWS/308190088/Jackson-hotel-plans-bring-vision-new-look-lower-taxes?nclick_check=1

I found an article about 'Jackson Officials' planning a hotel near Six Flags Great Adventure. Based on the concept art it looks like it will be across from Hurricane Harbor. It's cool seeing students from my college submitted concepts for the hotel!

http://www.app.com/article/20130819/NJNEWS/308190088/Jackson-hotel-plans-bring-vision-new-look-lower-taxes?nclick_check=1

From what I can tell it would be built in the parking lot, and then parking garages added.

*edit* - it looks like it would only take up half the parking lot!

From what I can tell it would be built in the parking lot, and then parking garages added.

Based on the concept art it looks like it won't be built in the parking lot at all. I circled the area where I think it will be built in red.

SFGAdvHotel.thumb.jpg.ed89cee19cdb86bb98d0ccfc6cdfc4c5.jpg

Concept Art and Location

Based on the concept art it looks like it won't be built in the parking lot at all. I circled the area where I think it will be built in red.

You hit the head right on the nail....... all the surroundings match up perfectly! Nice work