TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

In other news... EL TORO WAS TESTING TODAY!!! Hopefully it will reopen soon!

Anyone see it testing today? Or even better yet with riders? Was trying to go tomorrow, this would be a nice surprise.

El Toro has reopened.

Just in time for Riding of the Bull Cinco next Saturday. This will be the first one I miss. I've been at all 4! I'm heading to LA for WCB instead.

The park's website says it's still closed. I called the park and the guy who answers the phone says it's still closed with no time set for reopening, although if it just reopened it wouldn't surprise if it takes a few hours for the news to make it back to the guest relations office.

Rolling Thunder will be missed, especially by those of us who have been a GA patron since it opened, before SF. Although it opened as a racer, I can't remember the last time I saw two trains heading up the lift hill together. I'll never forget the summer they turned one train around and you rode backwards! It's not a technological wonder like El Toro, or have the airtime of Phoenix, but I hate to see any woodie dismantled as they get better with age. Thanks for the memories!

God as if i needed another reason to hate this park removal of the neglected racer coaster is certainly the ticket. Read about the park on its fantastic non official fan page Greatadventurehistory.Com the history of this park is really quite sad how much has been taken out over the years and huge expansions only to fail to low staffing wtf is that cheap bastards. O well now there's only Collusus and American Eagle as the remaining racing woodies, but watch in 2017 #YOLOSWAGTASTICOASTER Collusus will get some RMC makeover I'm sure. I can't beleive I'm saying this but why not take a page from cedar fairs book and see how there 3 racing woodies are getting some love even the neglected ones not just KIs racer.

Why did they have to add the Drop of Doom to the name of the ride? It seems unnecessary and out of place. On Lex Luthor, OK, I guess it makes a little sense, but Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom? I think I like just Zumanjaro better. Anyone else think this too?

Why did they have to add the Drop of Doom to the name of the ride? It seems unnecessary and out of place. On Lex Luthor, OK, I guess it makes a little sense, but Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom? I think I like just Zumanjaro better. Anyone else think this too?

I thought the same myself...Just keep it as Zumanjaro (Jumanji?). "Drop of Doom" is way out of place. Let's call the coaster it's attached to "Kingda Ka: Ride of Speed" to compliment "Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom"

O well now there's only Collusus and American Eagle as the remaining racing woodies, but watch in 2017 #YOLOSWAGTASTICOASTER Collusus will get some RMC makeover I'm sure.

There is still Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion and Racer at Kings Island. I'm not happy about them removing Rolling Thunder, but it is hardly the end of the world.

In fact, if we are going to start speculating this early it could mean a new, possibly RMC Goliath-type coaster for 2015. They will do something with that plot of land I'm sure.

O well now there's only Collusus and American Eagle as the remaining racing woodies, but watch in 2017 #YOLOSWAGTASTICOASTER Collusus will get some RMC makeover I'm sure.

There is still Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion and Racer at Kings Island. I'm not happy about them removing Rolling Thunder, but it is hardly the end of the world.

Does Lightning Racer not count? Plus Grand National, Dauling Dragon, Kennywood Racer, Monstre, Joris en de Draak... Did I miss any?

Does Lightning Racer not count? Plus Grand National, Dauling Dragon, Kennywood Racer, Monstre, Joris en de Draak... Did I miss any?

Oh, of course they count! I'm just not as familiar with the racers of the world as I should be. I just named the ones I have ridden and therefore know about.