TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

There were a good number of supports under Kingda Ka's tower, but I don't think there were any new ones since those pictures were taken a couple days ago...

I really didn't have that great of a time at the park today. The customer service was absolutely horrible. When we got to the park at 10:20 the lines to get in were past the ticket booths. They also closed off the Premium Passholder lines after 10:35 saying that they were only supposed to be open for ten minutes. What's the point of that?

First ride was Kingda Ka. Two trains were running. A couple trains before riding Ka broke down. It only took 25 or so minutes to reopen though.

Next was Green Lantern. The line was down the stairs... And right after we got in line a train got stuck on the MCBR. It took almost 40 minutes to reopen. For some reason I waited. By the time we got off Superman's line was probably close to 1.5hrs.

Walking across the park Batman's line was outside. I'm not sure if any switchbacks were being used, but only one train appeared to be running. (They could have just been stacking horribly with two though, but I'm guessing they only had one running.) We skipped it and waited almost half an hour to Nitro. The operators double stacked every single time. The ride was a little shaky...

We took the skyway across to Rolling Thunder. The right side still hasn't reopened. The ride was running really well!! I was really surprised! The operators were bad. Really bad.

After Rolling Thunder we finished with a ride on Bizarro. Yes, they double stacked. No fire either.

The safari's line was almost to the log flumes entrance... And yes, trucks were stacked outside the station.

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but I saw it posted on Facebook and thought it was interesting...

Could it be possible that SFGAdv is redoing Kingda Ka's top hat and turning it into an inverted top hat? This would give Kingda Ka the highest inversion on a roller coaster in the world record, and GAdv already stated that the new addition would be record breaking. I'm all in for a "Giga-Drop", but this sounds like it could be a possibility as well.

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but I saw it posted on Facebook and thought it was interesting...

Could it be possible that SFGAdv is redoing Kingda Ka's top hat and turning it into an inverted top hat? This would give Kingda Ka the highest inversion on a roller coaster in the world record, and GAdv already stated that the new addition would be record breaking. I'm all in for a "Giga-Drop", but this sounds like it could be a possibility as well.

Although it makes sense from the hints (This will be sure to "top" everyone's ride list) I think that is very unlikely.

Also, it is referred to as a Giga Drop everywhere, but wouldn't it technically be a Strata Drop?

That wouldn't top MY ride list. My shoulders hurt just thinking about going through the top-hat upside-down as slow as it does. I personally don't give any clout to those rumors.

Hopefully, if they do this, they remove the trims atop the tower. However, Intamin's OTSRs don't touch your shoulders much, right?

Hopefully, if they do this, they remove the trims atop the tower. However, Intamin's OTSRs don't touch your shoulders much, right?

The ones on Kingda Ka touch mine a lot, if ride-ops push down enough on the restraints (I'm 6'0"). There are times when I'll get thrown into the restraints cresting over the smaller airtime hill, putting extra pressure on my clavicle bones. I had similar experiences on Storm Runner this season, too.

Report: After being away from the park in about five long months, I happened to visit the park on the day of two big events in the park. The park was holding a concert from Bridgit Mendler that people were lining up for in front of the Northern Star Arena since noon, but I've never heard of her so I didn't bother to actually see it. Also, it was "Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella" day, and they celebrated it by playing the songs from the musical on the loudspeakers and holding a parade with the characters, which I missed by a hair. Anyway, since it's been so long the last time I visited the park, I was eager to visit the new Safari Off Road Adventure... only to be greeted by a line that stretched out to the sign of Runaway Train. Fortunately, it also meant that Runaway Train, Bizarro, and the Skyway all had less than 5 minutes each, so I rode then all with my mother.

After a ride on Skull Mountain, I began to see that all of the lines were starting to pick up. I wandered off to Kingda Ka, which still had a sizable wait of about 20 minutes. El Toro was down for the day because of technical difficulties, meaning Rolling Thunder (just the left side was open) had a longer line than usual. The line for the Safari never got any shorter throughout the day, so I avoided like the plague and I'll just have to wait 'til my next visit. After a quick trip outside the park for some dinner, we were able to score some rides on Buccaneer, the Dark Knight, Deja Vu, two rides on Houdini. We also got the first ride on SkyScreamer with the lights on and a ride on the Big Wheel before my mother out early. Before the park closed through, I was able to get rides on Super Round Up (or whatever it's called now), Green Lantern, and Superman, each with little to no wait. Overall, I'm disappointed that I couldn't get on the Safari, but I was able to get a bunch of enjoyable rides with not to much waiting.

Rating: 5 out of 6 flags

I visited the park yesterday and here's my report:

After being away from the park in about five long months, I happened to visit the park on the day of two big events in the park. The park was holding a concert from Bridgit Mendler that people were lining up for in front of the Northern Star Arena since noon, but I've never heard of her so I didn't bother to actually see it. Also, it was "Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella" day, and they celebrated it by playing the songs from the musical on the loudspeakers and holding a parade with the characters, which I missed by a hair. Anyway, since it's been so long the last time I visited the park, I was eager to visit the new Safari Off Road Adventure... only to be greeted by a line that stretched out to the sign of Runaway Train. Fortunately, it also meant that Runaway Train, Bizarro, and the Skyway all had less than 5 minutes each, so I rode then all with my mother.

After a ride on Skull Mountain, I began to see that all of the lines were starting to pick up. I wandered off to Kingda Ka, which still had a sizable wait of about 20 minutes. El Toro was down for the day because of technical difficulties, meaning Rolling Thunder (just the left side was open) had a longer line than usual. The line for the Safari never got any shorter throughout the day, so I avoided like the plague and I'll just have to wait 'til my next visit. After a quick trip outside the park for some dinner, we were able to score some rides on Buccaneer, the Dark Knight, Deja Vu, two rides on Houdini. We also got the first ride on SkyScreamer with the lights on and a ride on the Big Wheel before my mother out early. Before the park closed through, I was able to get rides on Super Round Up (or whatever it's called now), Green Lantern, and Superman, each with little to no wait. Overall, I'm disappointed that I couldn't get on the Safari, but I was able to get a bunch of enjoyable rides with not to much waiting.

Rating: 5 out of 6 flags

I'll post the pics shortly....

Photos:

My my, I wonder what these are for....

Dang! I missed a photo op with a princess.

The line for the Safari Off Road Adventure...

A dance party as seen from above.

The preparations have begun!

There's a new thing this year called "Total Darkness", which I'm guessing is probably a terror trail.

My poor baby's down for the day.

The only GOOD marketing tie-in with a roller coaster that I've seen.

A "live and local" 80's cover band called Max Headroom also performed.

I've never seen these before and I thought they were cool. The backs even list the original 1974 candy prices!

More props, YAY!

He looks like the mascot for the 80's band.

Artsy pic: Check

Nerdy shot: Check

Thanks for reading!

^ The lift motor was sent down to Maryland for repairs. If they are unable to repair, they do not have a spare, and will need to order one and the ride will not open for the rest of the year. If they are able to repair it then they should be able to reopen in September.

Also, there are always cranes and such in the area behind Kingda Ka so I don't really see why it is so newsworthy.

Im thinking total darkness will be another maze, but it will be a separate up-charge. As in, it'll be like the maze at KBF trapped. At least that's what my gf and I learned at SFDK, we made conversation with someone who was at the park every Saturday and Sunday. It seemed like they knew what they were talking about.

^ The lift motor was sent down to Maryland for repairs. If they are unable to repair, they do not have a spare, and will need to order one and the ride will not open for the rest of the year. If they are able to repair it then they should be able to reopen in September.

Also, there are always cranes and such in the area behind Kingda Ka so I don't really see why it is so newsworthy.

Thanks. I figured as much, I was just hoping to ride it again before I went overseas in mid-September. Guess I'll be riding next spring!

And I don't think the big deal is the cranes so much as the teal support columns sitting at the base of the tower.