TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Lol hopefully not! I dont do spinning rides for that reason, and so far the only coasters that have ever made me queesy are Batman The Ride at SFGrAM, Batman The Ride at SFStL, and Raptor at CP. But like you said, you never know lol!

I was hoping to get some help with my visit in June. I am debating about coming the first week vs. the second week. The park is open for 2 more hours until 8 during the second week. My plan is to fly in on June 5 to Newark around 9 am. I would drive to Dorney Park and hopefully get in there by noon. I would then go to SFGAdv on June 6 for open to close and fly out June 7. I am disappointed that the park closes at 6. I am wondering would it be worth flying into Philly June 9 at 1115, paying more for a car rental and getting to Dorney by 1 or 2? Then I would get 2 more hours at SFGadv on June 8 and fly out June 9.

I know the park might not be very crowded either day but I am bringing my 8 year old daughter. I want to maximize coaster riding and the park would be open for a shorter day should I pay the money for a Flash Pass even though the park should be light crowds. I always laugh at KI when the park is empty and people bought Fast Lane. I want to make the most of this visit because it will be many years before I make it back. If ride lines are longer than 20-30 minutes I will pay for the pass but does anyone have a guess if the lines would be that long early in the season for weekdays?

Thanks for any tips.

PS any tips on cheap hotels that are roach or bed bug free?

June weekdays can really vary. I have been going that time of year since becoming a passholder in 2008 and have had days where the park is empty and there are basically no waits for anything and other days where lines are 30 - 45 minutes for the major coasters. It really depends on the weather and how many school trips there that day. If you go the 2nd week when the park is open until 8, the school trips should be gone by 5 - 6 for the most part so the last 2 hours the park should be empty.

I'm going on a school trip to GA on Saturday, May 18th, and I was wondering if anyone could share what I could anticipate. We're expecting to get there at approximately 10AM, and I'm hoping to get on the major coasters and SkyScreamer. However 2PM - 3PM are out of the picture for rides. What could I expect for wait times throughout the day, and what would be the best order to go on these rides to wait in line the least amount of time?

I know that parks can be hectic when schools have trips, which usually are on the same day. My brother went a few years ago on a school trip and only got on three or four rides, which is why I'm asking. I just hope I could luck out better than him.

Thanks!

In a similar vein to the poster above, I have a class trip on Wednesday June 5. I've been to the park several times, so I know my way around and which rides to avoid at what times. I am wondering how bad crowds would be, since knowing Six Flags, they'll pack the place to capacity with other school groups.

I'm going on a school trip to GA on Saturday, May 18th, and I was wondering if anyone could share what I could anticipate. We're expecting to get there at approximately 10AM, and I'm hoping to get on the major coasters and SkyScreamer. However 2PM - 3PM are out of the picture for rides. What could I expect for wait times throughout the day, and what would be the best order to go on these rides to wait in line the least amount of time?

I know that parks can be hectic when schools have trips, which usually are on the same day. My brother went a few years ago on a school trip and only got on three or four rides, which is why I'm asking. I just hope I could luck out better than him.

Thanks!

The park is going to ridiculously crowded tomorrow due to Skate and Surf festival being held in the parking lot. All festival atendees are given free admission to the park. This fest is supposed to draw close to 10,000. Your luck may get better once the show starts at 2, but the morning is going to be a living hell. I'm just hoping to get an el toro ride before I head into the show.

... Should we start the rumor mill for next years new coaster?

Im going to say, X-Flight in the old Batman and Robin location....

316218474_ScreenShot2013-05-19at5_03_11PM.thumb.png.59fc8e6a9694b3fcdc1ca56568e12fcf.png

I feel like this section of the park needs some love, it seems the other side of the park has received MANY updates in the past decade, while this side decays...

Thoughts?

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 5.03.11 PM.png[/attachment]

I feel like this section of the park needs some love, it seems the other side of the park has received MANY updates in the past decade, while this side decays...

Thoughts?

They should put a drop tower where Freefall was while they're at it.

Thoughts?

I've been pegging GAdv for an X-Flight coming as soon as Six Flags realized how well the GP receives these wing coasters since...X-Flight opened. GAdv is the perfect park for one of these, if you ask me, and it would keep their B&M collection (every type except for a dive machine, I believe) up to date! The way you have it put down would be great too, with that dive loop right over the entrance plaza!

Thoughts?

This would be perfect omfg, maybe a different theme but same layout.

Question: I have a Six Flags Platinum pass and plan on visiting SFGAdv in July.

What is the info for exclusive ride time? I know at SFMM they let us in 10 minutes early (which was useless since none of the big coasters were even running!)

Thanks!

Thoughts?

well this is the first time this has been mentioned.......

Went to the park yesterday for a few hours. Overall a good, very hot day with the longest wait being Green Lantern with a 30 min wait. Everything else was a walk-on. El Toro and Sky Screamer seemed to have some difficulties, with El Toro being down at least twice the time I was there (12-5). Houdini seemed to have a new pre-show and ride audio, replacing the music in the pre-show with a pre-recorded woman talking the entire time. Did the Houdini at SFNE receive the same upgrades? The only negative for the day would be the Nitro crew. They seemed to be the slowest and stacked all 3 trains quite frequently.

GL: 1x

El Toro: 2x

Sky Screamer: 1x

Nitro: 1x

Houdini: 1x

I've been noticing that decline in the Nitro crew this season. I've been to the park several times so far this year and have seen much slower operations as a whole, including frequent three-train stacking. Has anyone else noticed this? It's very disheartening when you consider this coaster's ride capacity potential and it's reputation from prior seasons.

It takes effort to stack all three trains on Nitro. [At least it was running all three!]

I agree with the Wing Coaster speculation for Great Adventure. I do hope they get a unique design, though. I suspect it'll be similar in scale to X-Flight but a different layout would be nice since the park is one of the chain's best and deserves a unique ride. I'd like to see them incorporate the Chiller site and maybe corkscrew over the midway to where the Intamin drop tower was. Maybe do a helix or something over there.