TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I didn't know it was Nitro's birthday yesterday. It was a little more crowded than I expected it to be I guess because the weather was so nice. Although it was strange that Kingda Ka had a shorter line than Nitro and Green Lantern.

I had a good day at the park yesterday. El Toro was only running one train and Nitro only had two trains (and they were stacking, ugh) which prevented it from being a great day. I spent more time in the park than usual since I ran into a former co-worker.

Bizarro is so much more enjoyable without the on-board sound.

El Toro, Nitro and Batman:The Ride were all running great. Also rode Green Lantern and S:UF which had shorter lines than usual for the crowds in the park.

I was willing to give Rolling Thunder a try, but the dispatch times were horrible, so I skipped it.

I also had an excellent lunch at Panda Express before leaving, Beijing Beef Panda Bowl.

When I saw Rolling Thunder's line was past the bottom of the stairs I skipped it too since I figured that had to be a 40 minute wait considering I have had a station wait take over 20 minutes (and that's with the switchback in the station not full). I haven't ridden Rolling Thunder this year yet but I'll get to it eventually when it is a short wait.

I'd venture to say it's permanent; the speakers have been removed from the trains, the audio systems have been removed from the back rows, and the old seats have been put back in place. I personally didn't mind the audio, but I'm not losing any sleep now that it's gone. If they start removing some of the other theming, such as the fire blasters or the lights around the first drop, I'd be disappointed. At that point, just start from scratch, paint it green again and slap the "Medusa" name back on it. I still have trouble referring to it as Bizarro, anyway; it's still Medusa in my mind.

Bizarro is so much more enjoyable without the on-board sound.

Is this a permanent change? Because the soundtrack on this ride was, um, not good.

dt

Kinda reminded me of listening to an old one speaker Radio Shack Realistic AM radio where someone had kicked in the woofer and the tweeter.

Hey everyone.

My name is Elisson and I'm from Brazil. I'll travel to USA in the next weeks and I have plans to visit the Six Flags Great Adventure on April, 27, by myself. I wonder if anyone here have plans to visit the park at the same day. Maybe we could meet and visit the park together.

Bizarro is running 3 trains now also. Hopefully Nitro's 3rd train is up and running soon since it really could use it. The line was at the snack bar and it took 25 minutes with 2 trains running. With 3 trains, that is usually a little less than 15 minutes.

Yeah there really isn't much of a point to it since they were always stacking and sometimes double stacking. The Bizarro crew this year is better than last year's crew but with only 2 people checking restraints it is almost impossible not to stack with 3 trains even if they are dispatching trains faster this year.

What has been going on lately at Great Adventure with them not running all the trains they have on crowded days?

It's the beginning of the season, don't expect the park to have all rides at 100% immediately.

I was there yesterday and had no problems getting on everything. Even walked right on to Kingda Ka front row. Nitro was a bit rougher than it was last season though which was strange.

What has been going on lately at Great Adventure with them not running all the trains they have on crowded days?

Some trains are still being rehabbed which means they are sitting in the maintenance house in pieces waiting to be put back together. Just give SFGADV time, all the trains should be together by the summer.

Just got home from the park today!

Rides:

El Toro - Only running one train. In the morning they wouldn't dispatch until the train was mostly full...But because of the cold it wasn't running up to its usual craziness. The line got very long, very fast.

Kingda Ka (2) - Kingda Ka ran two trains. The third was sitting in the other side of the station. The ride ops were fantastic and pushed the trains out like crazy! The ride was also very smooth, both in the front and the back of the train.

Rolling Thunder Right - Only the right side was running, but with both trains. In the shed it looked like the other two trains were still not complete. The ride was running very well...Much better than last year.

Bizarro - Bizarro was running alll three trains...But double stacking every single time! That being said they only had about ten riders per train.

Runaway Mine Train - 2 trains...Fun as usual. The ride ops were also really good and didn't stack at all. But, the fort really could use some TLC.

Skull Mtn. (2) - 2 trains. The building was very dark today. But the new ads completely ruin the experience. The station was absolutely covered in them. Again the ride ops here were fantastic, dispatching the train far before the previous one came back.

Nitro (2) - 2 trains. Nitro was rattling a lot more than usual. The attendants were also very slow. There was no reason for stacking the trains every single ride.

Batman had a lot of downtime throughout the day, and the Cable Cars never opened (due to wind).

Nitro was a bit rougher than it was last season though which was strange.

I have been hearing that.

I did not notice this roughness last weekend. Hopefully, those that COMPLAINED about Nitro being "butter smooth" can rejoice.