TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Here's some notes from today, the park was less crowded than I expected. I guess the cold weather kept people away.

I got to the park right before 10:30, the new handheld scanners were not working so they were manually writing down everyone's pass number in the Premium Pass line. I entered the park right at 10:30, the other lines still had the gates down at 10:30.

Nitro started with 2 trains, then went down to 1 train and later in the afternoon, went back to 2 trains.

Skull Mountain had 2 trains with a 0 - 2 train wait both times I was there

Blackbeard's was closed and the control panel area was covered, they were cycling the train but not for the full circuit. It stopped on the lift when I walked by the ride.

Superman had 1 train with what looked like a 45 minute wait and walking out of the park a little before 4:00, around a 25 minute wait

Green Lantern had 2 trains running with no line

El Toro was closed in the morning, it opened later with I think 1 train

Rolling Thunder had just the left side open with I think 2 trains

Kingda Ka was closed until at least 1:00, 1 train was running. It was a 25 minute wait for a middle row but there was a 10 minute breakdown right before I boarded the train so it was just over 35 minutes. After that the line looked like it was around 45 minutes.

Runaway Mine Train had no wait with 2 trains running.

Bizarro had 2 trains running with no wait, like Sunday dispatches were fast with no stacking.

The Dark Knight had no wait other than to get into the pre-show room.

Fender Benders had a 1 cycle wait around 12:30 and a 2 - 3 cycle wait later in the day.

I'm going to SFGAdv on either Saturday, April 13th or Sunday, April 14th. It is my first time going there and I would like to have some advice for first time goers. I'm also specifically wondering what rides I should head to first and if it matters if I go on a Saturday or Sunday. Thanks.

Sunday should be less crowded than Saturday.

I would ride the coasters in this order: Superman, Green Lantern, Kingda Ka, El Toro, Rolling Thunder, Bizarro, Runaway Mine Train, then take the Skyway over to the Dream Street station, then go to Nitro, Batman, Road Runner Railway (if you want all the credits), Dark Knight, Skull Mountain and Blackbeard's. Even though Skull Mountain is next to the Skyway station, I put it later since it is more important to get to Nitro and Batman before it as Skull Mountain has a very fast moving line and rarely is more than 10 - 15 minutes.

The alternate option is to go to Kingda Ka, then El Toro and then back to the Boardwalk to ride Superman and Green Lantern but that involves more backtracking.

Also getting there at opening is important if you want to avoid lines. From 10:30 to 12:00, lines should be 0 - 10 minutes.

Sunday should be less crowded than Saturday.

I would ride the coasters in this order: Superman, Green Lantern, Kingda Ka, El Toro, Rolling Thunder, Bizarro, Runaway Mine Train, then take the Skyway over to the Dream Street station, then go to Nitro, Batman, Road Runner Railway (if you want all the credits), Dark Knight, Skull Mountain and Blackbeard's. Even though Skull Mountain is next to the Skyway station, I put it later since it is more important to get to Nitro and Batman before it as Skull Mountain has a very fast moving line and rarely is more than 10 - 15 minutes.

The alternate option is to go to Kingda Ka, then El Toro and then back to the Boardwalk to ride Superman and Green Lantern but that involves more backtracking.

Also getting there at opening is important if you want to avoid lines. From 10:30 to 12:00, lines should be 0 - 10 minutes.

Thanks.

Will the lines be long on April 13th/14th?

If you go Sunday definitely head for El Toro at opening. You will be able to get multiple rides on it without getting up.Then get your Lantern, Superman, and Ka credits. Everything else shouldn't be that bad. Nitro's line moves fast, even with just two trains.

Will the lines be long on April 13th/14th?

Unless there is some event going on not listed yet (that weekend has been Girl Scout Weekend in past years), I would expect after 12:00 - 12:30 on Saturday of lines of 0 - 10 minutes for the smaller coasters, 15 - 30 minutes for the major coasters and maybe slightly longer for Kingda Ka and Superman depending on how many trains are running and wait times a little less than that for everything on Sunday. Hopefully by then Kingda Ka will be running 2 or 3 trains.

Great Adventure has plenty of room for a giga if they want one, but they already have an outstanding coaster collection so I wouldn't expect to see one. At least not in the next few years. There are plenty of other areas where the park needs to improve.

Yea... I cant see them chopping off that much of the edge of the park, they would not be able to expand in that direction again with a giant ride like that!

I think I would be ok with the park taking a 2 year break from adding another coaster and do some around the park touch ups...

I also feel that we are going to see something different coming to great adventure soon... something like Maverick I think or X Flight would fit nicley into the line up, but I do feel that a smaller more intense ride is on its way... If you look at the past few rides there all Massive... Kingda Ka, El Toro, Green Lanturn, these are three giant rides....

I would LOVE if there was a coaster like Maverick that came to SFGAdv. I feel like if they put another giant coaster in there, theyll take 1 down. The only places left I could see them fitting one without tearing another down are where Chiller use to be, part of the old Wild Safari or chopping down a lot of trees to put it by Nitro.

I'm going to say a Maverick style ride in Move town that snakes around the picnic pavilions towards the entrance, then along the side of the parking lot (south side) and back would work VERY well. I can also see a spot for something in the triangle left over from removing GASM, maybe a kiddy coaster, or an ElLoco style something... only problem I see there is capacity...

I am also interested to see what the Wild Safari entrance change will be to that section of the park... we may see it have access to the south west portion of the lake, opening up for a whole new expansion... Then again, you could cut the Safari down by Bizzaro and build all back there behind Kingda Ka and El Toro... could open up the chance for that freefall tower off Kingda Ka....

Just some hopes and dreams

For anyone that has visited this year, is El Toro still only running one train?

It was one train operation on El Toro this past weekend, but the 2nd train is on the transfer track and appears ready to operate.

For the love of god they need to put SOMETHING else in the Movie Town area. It's by far the saddest part of the park. Everything past Dark Knight is just a ghost town.

I was wondering actually, how far you could go into Movietown before you were blocked off? It is connected to Old Country, which is still off access, right? I went in 2011 and forgot to check, but Movietown was absolutely pitiful! It was the two Batman coasters and that was it. The place was deserted as well, Batman was a walk-on. That section needs a serious rehab.