TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

So I lost my iPod on Nitro a few days ago. When I went to the Lost & Found they were closed but they gave me a number to call. I've called every day and nobody answers. Does anyone know if there are certain times when they are open? It seems odd but maybe they have certain hours. Also, if by some reason they do have it (I think it fell out of my pocket when I was getting out of the seat, not during the ride) would I have to go to the park to get it back? Thanks in advance.

I lost my iPhone on nitro around 9:00am. At 11:00am, I went to the lost and found to file an official claim and they had already found it. They have a dedicated "picking team" that walks the ride paths and collects all lost items. I was seriously impressed that they already had found it. You should contact the lost and found department in person( because you will have to identify something original/specific about your item) as they probably have your iPod .

Lost and Found is located on the far north side of main street, closest to Nitro. I believe their operating hours are park open to 5:00pm.

A few years ago a lady friend of mine lost her phone somewhere within the park. We did not realize that she did not have it until we had already made it home. When we called the park, they had found it and even shipped it to us! They told us they had found it by el toro, about a foot from the water!

Andrew,

It might be easier to fly into Philadelphia International, the drive it the same distance to SF as from Newark (probably a little shorter) and traffic is guaranteed to be less...

I wouldn't say that since the entire turnpike between Six Flags and the Phillie exit is a work zone right now. I think they're extending the truck lanes until that exit and prolonging the merge which is going to be awesome... but for not just makes everything more of a clusterfu**k.

You are right about the turnpike, but between Exit 6 and Exit 7A is only ~10 miles, the Newark plan risks spending much more time on the Turnpike. I've made it from Western Philadelphia to Rutgers (Exit 9 on the Turnpike) in 1hr20mins regularly during the edges of friday rush hour both ways for work, it can be done relatively easily even with the construction traffic... however due to the construction it can clog up at random times for seemingly no reason (most likely accident related).

The best path is as follows... You can avoid the turnpike completely if you follow 95 North from Philly Intl to Trenton, NJ then get on 195 where it starts East of Trenton. It is guaranteed to be less hassle than dealing with the NYC/Newark area or getting on the NJ Turnpike at any time.

They've been doing work on the New Jersey Turnpike in that area, but I don't think that they've closed lanes - just narrowed them. My friends and I certainly had little issues in April when we went and they were tearing it up.

So I lost my iPod on Nitro a few days ago. When I went to the Lost & Found they were closed but they gave me a number to call. I've called every day and nobody answers. Does anyone know if there are certain times when they are open? It seems odd but maybe they have certain hours. Also, if by some reason they do have it (I think it fell out of my pocket when I was getting out of the seat, not during the ride) would I have to go to the park to get it back? Thanks in advance.

I lost my iPhone on nitro around 9:00am. At 11:00am, I went to the lost and found to file an official claim and they had already found it. They have a dedicated "picking team" that walks the ride paths and collects all lost items. I was seriously impressed that they already had found it. You should contact the lost and found department in person( because you will have to identify something original/specific about your item) as they probably have your iPod .

Lost and Found is located on the far north side of main street, closest to Nitro. I believe their operating hours are park open to 5:00pm.

Thanks so much for the info. I actually saw someone walking around picking stuff up as I went through the MCBR on Nitro (same ride I lost my iPod on). Hope I can get to the park! I live 1.5 hours away, but if I convince my family to get the 2013 season pass we can get in free for the rest of 2012 so it won't be that big of a deal.

El Toro - 1 train operation.

I was at Great Adventure the last 2 days. I was at my only ACE event (don't boo me) "Riding of the Bull Cuatro" yesterday. The event was amazing, but not as fun as the TPR events! The A train is off the track and they're only running 1 train. This was true even during out event. The entire top of car 2 is off, so all you see is the chassis. Always the staff hustles on that ride, but 1 train operation is unbearable! I know they're only open now Saturdays and Sundays until Fright Fest begins, so this was maintenance problem was puzzling.

I hope it's back to normal for next weekend's operation.

El Toro my #1 Woodie

^ I was there this weekend as well and did notice El Toros 1 train operation. I did not like the fact that everything in the park had no lines and was operating at full cappicity but El Toro, hopefully the train gets put back in operation ASAP. Also did you perhaps see the baby otters they have in Safari Discoveries? They are only 9 weeks old and are very cute! Also I think Bizarros crew moved to Rolling thunder since they are very slow on that ride now. Also while I'm talking about Rolling Thunder, did those of you who have ridden it and hated it, did you ride on the side closest to the enterence of the ride? If so, then I found that side to be boring and rough and the other side to be smooth.

Also did you perhaps see the baby otters they have in Safari Discoveries? They are only 9 weeks old and are very cute!

Where in the park is the Safari Discoveries? I have an idea where it is but I think I always end up walking right past it.

Does Rolling Thunder ever give any airtime? Just wondering, as I'd be surprised.

I finally found out the correct answer to that this season, and shockingly enough, it's a YES! Granted, it was a stormy day, but I rode in a presumably-non-magical seat toward the front and was very surprised at feeling some airtime after feeling none in the back car on multiple rides (both sides) last year. Others in various seats reported similar rides.

Also did you perhaps see the baby otters they have in Safari Discoveries? They are only 9 weeks old and are very cute!

Where in the park is the Safari Discoveries? I have an idea where it is but I think I always end up walking right past it.

It's the old tiger show and adjacent area, with the entrance on the path to Kingda Ka and exit through the Golden Kingdom gift shop (but I think I've entered there before too).

It's the old tiger show and adjacent area, with the entrance on the path to Kingda Ka and exit through the Golden Kingdom gift shop (but I think I've entered there before too).

Ah, thanks! I totally walked right past that this year.

I was at Great Adventure the last 2 days. I was at my only ACE event (don't boo me) "Riding of the Bull Cuatro" yesterday. The event was amazing, but not as fun as the TPR events! The A train is off the track and they're only running 1 train. This was true even during out event. The entire top of car 2 is off, so all you see is the chassis. Always the staff hustles on that ride, but 1 train operation is unbearable! I know they're only open now Saturdays and Sundays until Fright Fest begins, so this was maintenance problem was puzzling.

El Toro my #1 Woodie

Ha I probably saw you Saturday, I saw at least 40 people with ACE shirts throughout the day. Great day at the park, the first 2 hours were amazing since the early morning rain scared everyone away. I was on like the 3rd train of the day, front row on KK, and was able to stay on a few rides (Toro, Nitro and B:TR) without getting off.

FINALLY got my Green Lantern credit too, though I rode it as Chang back in 2006. Delivered more forces than I remember, but still found it a bit uneventful. Just never liked the stand-up gimmick.

Oh, and Nitro was running FANTASTIC. Rode it in borderline-pouring rain and it was a helluva lot of fun. Toro was amazing as usual (though I hate how they slow it down at the top of the lift now...it takes a lot out of the first drop, and a little bit out of the 1st camelback), and since it's been a year, riding KK was awesome in the front row. I wish they'd just replace those trains, though, and go with the slicker trains on TTD. The restraints don't bother me, but I think the bulkiness of the trains just don't do well at those speeds, and it makes for an earthquake-like ride in every other car besides the 1st.

I guess El Toro running 1 train is why it had such a long line today. When I was riding Rolling Thunder, I saw the line was into the 2nd set of switchbacks and the park wasn't that crowded today. I find the left side of Rolling Thunder smoother but unfortunately since Flashpass is now set up for to merge with the right side, if they only run 1 side it's the right side that is running.

Go to El Toro first. Even on busy days, if you are one of the first people at El Toro, than you can stay on for up to 3-4 rides. The most I've ever stayed on was 7 rides.

That's been my routine most visits this year. El Toro rarely develops a line before noon; at most it's a two or three train wait. Most days I can ride 3 times in the same seat before the stalls become occupied. I try to ride 5 times before heading elsewhere in the park.

Last year I did same thing but with Nitro instead. You can probably ride Nitro 10 times without leaving the platform, switching rows when necessary, but I've never ridden more than 5 consecutive times.

Jim

El Toro my #1 Woodie

Hmmm...I noticed on three days the last week in August that El Toro was down for a while. Wonder if one of the trains has been giving trouble and that's the reason for the shutdowns and current one car operation. Hope it's repaired before Fright Fest.

Jim

^^I agree Bizarro's operations, on Friday night the line was barely out of the station but I still skipped it because I thought it would still be a 20 minute wait (I don't mind a 20 minute wait if the line keeps moving). I wonder if it was the same 2 girls checking restraints that I saw last week. They also stopped to talk about non park stuff in the middle of checking restraints while the trains were double stacking. They might as well save the costs and run 2 trains instead of 3 since they always double stack.

I also agree about Kingda Ka's queue and the Golden Kingdom being dark. With the misting fans at night I couldn't even see how long the line was until I got to the end of the line.

I don't ride Bizarro anymore, but I'm sad to hear of its inefficient operations. I remember by mid-summer of 1999, Medusa's first season, the crews were top notch and really worked with a sense of urgency. The line would often fill all three switchbacks and maybe another 50 people were beyond the entrance, yet the line rarely exceeded 35 minutes.

Jim

Please forgive me... I am sure this has been ask many many many times in this thread but I do not follow this thread much.

How are the crowds on Sundays this month? I am going to the park on the 16th and I have never been there this late in the season before. This will be my friends first visit to the park and I want to make sure he can ride all coasters.