TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I have noticed employees have been getting worse as the season goes on. Just last Sunday, the Kingda Ka operator went through the locked, checked, visual scan speech without noticing there was still an employee checking restraints. The flash pass attendants on El Toro and Kingda Ka were also letting the stations get almost empty then letting people in all the way to their stand. Aren't they supposed to keep a short wait outside of the station?

As for Bizarro, operations, they are varied. Some days they're downright terrible. I've had days where I waited longer on the brakes then to get onto the ride. Other days, they have the train ready to dispatch as the previous one is clearing the cobra roll. Four attendants are really needed for that ride.

I've been wondering this myself. It's quite the mystery, especially considering that it doesn't happen every time. Also it sucks about the awful employees. Luckily I haven't had any problems at the park (knock on wood).

It happened every time I rode today. Granted, some rides it was more noticeable than others, but it always happened. Very odd indeed.

Not wood shavings, coasters don't do that... Maybe bugs?

The only problem I noticed was getting blasted with wood shavings or something for the first drop and first two hills. I don't know if the ride is tearing itself apart or what, but it was really detrimental to the enjoyment of the opening section of the ride. It wasn't a one time thing. Every single time I rode I would get hit with what felt like sand for the beginning of the ride. I had to shield my eyes. Does anyone know what's going on?

I've been wondering this myself. It's quite the mystery, especially considering that it doesn't happen every time. Also it sucks about the awful employees. Luckily I haven't had any problems at the park (knock on wood).

This happened to me at the beginning of the month on Toro, but I couldn't determine what it was. I just felt it hitting my face almost like rain.

The Bizarro crew is horrible.

We went to the park in late June and they had a woman on the microphone trying to get people to sing songs and talking about how excited she was that the park was closing soon and she could go home. Everyone in the station was annoyed, the people behind us in line kept yelling "Send the Train" (and they weren't whiny enthusiasts either, just regular people) and most people left the line so they could go ride something else before the park closed.

This past Saturday, they were running three trains for some reason but they really only needed two. You were lucky if they had even started checking restraints before every train was in the brakes. I never saw two trains anywhere on the circuit at the same time. This happened early in the day when there was a station wait but later in the day the entire first set of switchbacks was full and this was still going on. This crew sucks!!!

Another complaint I have about the ride ops is their blatant disregard for line jumping. Almost every time someone wanted to cut the line because "there friends were up there", they were allowed to. The Sky Screamer crew went way out of their way to let two people cut the entire line to ride with their friends and an employee in the El Toro line asked me (right in front of a group of teenagers that wanted to cut the line) if I should let them do it because "she wasn't allowed to make those decisions". I said yes so I wouldn't have to be uncomfortable standing next to them for the duration of the queue line so I guess part of the blame is on me, but it's not my job to enforce your rules.

I never complain about line jumping because it's usually not the parks fault, but it annoyed me that they were not only allowing it right under their noses but going way out of their way to accommodate it.

Despite this we did have a good day. Since I'm being negative about the employees I should point out that the Nitro crew was cranking out trains like crazy and the Kingda Ka crew was doing a great job pumping up the crowd and having fun without delaying operations which I thought was pretty cool. We also had one of the best rides I've ever had on Batman. This ride is flying this season, especially late in the day. Luckily the park has awesome coasters which really makes you forget about the bad operations.

^Sunday, Bizarro was running three trains but only single stacking. They were consistently sending trains while the previous one was clearing the last corkscrew.

Also, none of the staff care about line jumping. I'm usually relaxed about it but when a group of 8 cut me in front of a security guard....I got very angry.

The Bizarro crew is horrible.

We went to the park in late June and they had a woman on the microphone trying to get people to sing songs and talking about how excited she was that the park was closing soon and she could go home. Everyone in the station was annoyed, the people behind us in line kept yelling "Send the Train" (and they weren't whiny enthusiasts either, just regular people) and most people left the line so they could go ride something else before the park closed.

Sounds like they got their inspiration from SFA!

Since I'm being negative about the employees I should point out that the Nitro crew was cranking out trains like crazy

I noticed how motivated these guys were back in June too, would be interesting to hear from someone who has visited recently if this is still the case, seems like the long hours with the summer crowds and heat often leave the staff knackered at this point in the season as everything is winding down.

Since I'm being negative about the employees I should point out that the Nitro crew was cranking out trains like crazy

would be interesting to hear from someone who has visited recently if this is still the case, seems like the long hours with the summer crowds and heat often leave the staff knackered at this point in the season as everything is winding down.

This report is from this Saturday (though I brought up the one Bizarro incident from June) so I'm happy to say that yes... this crew still rocks.

I'd expect some type of coaster to be in for the "Biggest" part of the announcement. What I'm thinking is, unfortunately, the takedown of Bizarro (they will ship it out to another park) to make room to access a re-themed, remodeled safari section of the park. I expect Six Flags GA's first wing-coaster, which I expect to go through animal enclosures (similar to Cheetah Hunt down in BG Tampa). I also could see walking paths being added to view these amazing animals (should be part of park admission). I also find the drop tower idea added to Kingda Ka as a very intruiging thought, maybe something that could be added for 2013 or the near future. Either way, I'm expecting a wing-coaster for 2013. If not that, all's hoping for a nice drop tower that beats Lex Luthor over at SFMM.

I'd expect some type of coaster to be in for the "Biggest" part of the announcement. What I'm thinking is, unfortunately, the takedown of Bizarro (they will ship it out to another park) to make room to access a re-themed, remodeled safari section of the park. I expect Six Flags GA's first wing-coaster, which I expect to go through animal enclosures (similar to Cheetah Hunt down in BG Tampa). I also could see walking paths being added to view these amazing animals (should be part of park admission). I also find the drop tower idea added to Kingda Ka as a very intruiging thought, maybe something that could be added for 2013 or the near future. Either way, I'm expecting a wing-coaster for 2013. If not that, all's hoping for a nice drop tower that beats Lex Luthor over at SFMM.

Yo do realize that If it were a coaster getting put in, especially in Bizarro's spot, we already would have seen some demolition. They started taking down GASM in July. Also, I'm really hoping that one of the announcements is putting in paths that connect the zig-zag pattern that is SFGAdv.

^^Like he said, GASM had started to be demolished in July, and if they relocated Bizarro, I'm sure that they would want to be extra careful while taking it down, and if you remember, they just tore down GASM without caring. As for a drop tower, I doubt it would happen. If you look at TPR's backstage tour of Kingda Ka from 2011, you'll see that there is machinery back there for the ride, and I don't think SFGAdv would want to move it.

I know I'm kind of late to the whole weird substance that hits people in the face on El Toro, I think it was either sand or dirt that's been getting kicked up from the ground. When I rode it earlier in August, it didn't hurt, which is why I doubt it's wood chips, or anything like that. It more felt like I was getting hit by sprinkling rain, except it wasn't wet. I got some of whatever it is in my mouth and spit it out after the ride.

Yo do realize that If it were a coaster getting put in, especially in Bizarro's spot, we already would have seen some demolition. They started taking down GASM in July. Also, I'm really hoping that one of the announcements is putting in paths that connect the zig-zag pattern that is SFGAdv.

I'm not saying I agree with it being a coaster or anything, but what if part of the announcement is for attractions opening in 2014 as well? They could be announcing plans for future expansion, which might include the taking out of Bizarro. Just something to consider.

I know I'm kind of late to the whole weird substance that hits people in the face on El Toro, I think it was either sand or dirt that's been getting kicked up from the ground. When I rode it earlier in August, it didn't hurt, which is why I doubt it's wood chips, or anything like that. It more felt like I was getting hit by sprinkling rain, except it wasn't wet. I got some of whatever it is in my mouth and spit it out after the ride.

That makes much more senses than wood chips. It doesn't hurt as much as it is strange and mildly annoying.

Over six years later...Guess it's time for my very first post.

Bizarro isn't going to go anywhere. Especially not in the near future.

If it was going to be removed you would by now definitely see survey markers along with some signs on construction.

The park also would have announced the closure by now especially seeing they have done that with every other coaster that was removed or remodeled in the chain.

The ONLY reason that Bizarro don't get busy isn't because the ride is unpopular it's because it is in a VERY poor section of the park. You have nothing back there and the foot traffic compared to Nitro, Superman, Ka, etc. is quite light. Remember when Medusa/Bizarro didn't open until 12 or 1 a few years ago? That's because it took people forever to get to that section of the park...it's hidden.

They also won't announce anything for 2014 tomorrow. It's unlike the chain to do something like that...plus a huge expansion probably won't happen for at least a few more years.

Regarding Toro. That is just the sand that you are feeling during the ride. If it's been dry and hasn't rained lately, the sand will kick up quite a bit. It's not wood chips or anything along those lines...just sand.

Finally, for next year...everything that has been rumored on here...from what I been hearing is pretty much true.

-Entertainment package is a very strong possibility although I really haven't heard much about it.

-The safari redo is pretty much 100% accurate. It's going to be like Animal Kingdoms tour minus the heavy theme. Where this will take place is unknown. For all we know, they can build a separate parking lot where the safari entrance is and just have that set up as a separate up-charge attraction. I don't think it will interlock in any way/shape/form with the theme park. Plus there is also rumors of a zip-line that may be placed somewhere in the safari as well. AND WE ALL KNOW why they are doing this. Insurance costs are way too high to allow cars through it anymore. It's not really about the GP feeding the animals and such, but primarily do to the amount their insurance company had to shovel out from damage done to cars...It's just a safer cost effective way to have guided tours then have cars go through. Why do you think they been pushing those VIP Safari Bus Tours the past few years?

-ProSlide will also be making an appearance at Hurricane Harbor. With the screw up by Polin...they need something to make the park unique.

I also HIGHLY doubt that a drop tower will be built on the side of Kingda Ka. I don't think the state will allow anything near the motor room to be built, yet alone having an attraction that close to the cable. It could be another disaster just waiting to happen.

I'm not saying I agree with it being a coaster or anything, but what if part of the announcement is for attractions opening in 2014 as well? They could be announcing plans for future expansion, which might include the taking out of Bizarro. Just something to consider.

Personally, I can see that happening having an announcement made for a new ride for the year 2014. However, I also feel like Six Flags wouldn't do anything like that. The only way I can see that happening is if they announce a new coaster to be built in Bizarro's current area. Then they may say that Bizarro will run to the end of this season and start being taken down most likely to be sent to another park within the system. Once Bizarro is taken completely down they would start to build a new coaster in Bizarro's footprints.

That's my 2 cents about the whole Bizarro possibly leaving rumor. I mean I personally don't see an announcement of a new coaster coming to the park next season in tomorrow's announcement.

Is there some sort of building or catering area in Movie Town that completely precludes the possibility of a ride or coaster or anything at all going in that section? Bizarro's only crime is that it's in a crappy area. Either un-make the area crappy by adding a flat or something, or bring Movie Town back to life. There's no need to relocate a coaster to make room when you've got such a withered themed area on the other side of the park.

You're expecting all of this? LOL

Quick question: Does anyone know what time they will be revealing their announcement tomorrow? I really don't want to keep refreshing Facebook all day tomorrow. I don't remember them saying any specific time they were going to make an announcement, so I guess it will be at a random time?

^^The announcements all start at 10am Eastern Time. We'll be posting live updates here, on the Theme Park Review Facebook page and tweeting! So as long as you follow us somewhere you'll know what's going on as it happens!