TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^Which are exactly the reasons I have always skipped it. I really have no desire to have monkey-related damage to my car.

In recent years (5 or 6?) the monkeys have been fenced in.

Yes, and even before that, you had the option of bypassing the drive-through monkey enclosure, so there really was no monkey-related reason not to participate.

I never drove my car through the monkey area, but I always enjoyed seeing the destruction that they could unleash upon other people's cars. I shed a tear when the monkeys were permanently bypassed. Hopefully every now and then they leave a car in there for old times' sake and for enrichment purposes--you know, so the monkeys have something to rip apart and pee, poo and masturbate upon.

I'm not surprised at all. I've been through this safari at least a dozen times over the years and saw many people in front of me feeding the giraffes and other wildlife cheetos and such.

I remember the monkeys loved to rip antennas off of cars and would run off with them screaming in victory. Good times.

Ok, I may be in the minority here, but I think I have visited this park for the last time. Driving thru the Safari was the ONE thing I always looked forward to. I'm tired of having to go to parks, pay admission, & then be expected to fork over more money for Rides and Attraction located inside the gates I just paid to enter. If this is going to be the case, how about parks become like Knoebels & go back to the ticket system & offer free admission. I had the pleasure of visiting with TPR on August 1 & I won't be spending 4 hours on the road to visit this park again,

^^But they haven't even announced what they are even doing to the Safari yet. This could be a good thing, we just have to wait.

As far as the price of theme parks go, I feel like most are still reasonable. Except for food and parking, food is always expensive.

Hey guys, I'm making a first time trip to SFGAdv next Monday, the 27th. Any ideas of how the crowds may be? It seems as it most public school in NJ start after labor day. Will the park be busy on a Monday? Any recommendations for a plan of attack for the coasters?

Chances are a lot of people will be making their last trips to the park, but it shouldn't be as bad as it would on a weekend. I suggest that you start off going to Kingda Ka, then cutting through the animal exhibit and going to El Toro. Those are probably the rides that'll have the biggest lines for most of the day. If you are staying all day, I suggest taking the skyway to the other side of the park, so that you can do Nitro and Batman, before the crowds thicken on that side of the park. Superman will ultimately have a slow moving line no matter when you go, unless you were to go to it first thing, which I wouldn't suggest. Save Green Lantern and Superman until later in the day, like around 6 or 7, and by then the lines for those shouldn't be to bad, maybe 30 minutes.

Sorry I can't help out too much, I've only visited a few times. Regardless, have a Six Flags day!

Screamscape keeps posting rumors about Bizarro leaving the park. While it would make business sense, I would hate to see it go. I'm one of the five people in the world that still enjoy the ride; maybe it's still nostalgia 'cause I remember how totally awesome it was (in my humble 8-year-old opinion) opening year.

Screamscape keeps posting rumors about Bizarro leaving the park. While it would make business sense, I would hate to see it go. I'm one of the five people in the world that still enjoy the ride; maybe it's still nostalgia 'cause I remember how totally awesome it was (in my humble 8-year-old opinion) opening year.

I don't get why they would put the safari part in the Frontier area. Wouldn't it make more since to put it in Golden Kingdom?

I agree, if anything it would be a way to get people to head over to the back of the Kingda Ka Tower for the Drop Tower installation... we could add a few flats on the way and then open up the Wild Safari area right behind Bizzaro and Kingda Ka for expansion.... I love Bizzaro, its my first ride every time I go to the park cause you can usually get 4 or 5 rides in without getting back in line! Plus it was my first big ride, so it has a special place in my heart!

Personally, I love Bizarro. If it is going to be removed and sent to another park, I think SFA would be a good contender. Although, I think they definitely need more flats before they add another coaster.

As for the Safari side, I can see them adding a guided Jeep/off road tour, or some sort of mass transportation ride with guides or a spiel. My partner and I would purposely avoid the Safari when we visited due to the fact that we did not want to acquire animal related damage to our car.

I think the damage to cars is where this is all coming from. The days of people all driving Big SUVs or Jeep Wagoneers are over. I don't want to take my BMW or MINI cooper into a place that I know it will most likely be damaged! I'm sure if there was any damage to cars, the park is sick of having to pay for the repairs... Is there any clause that you have to sign before driving through?

Last time I was at SFGAdv (about a week and a half ago, click the link in my signature) I was very pleasantly surprised with Bizarro. Usually I get lots of headbanging, and no working effects, but this time every effect was working, even the audio! Plus it was super smooth, beyond recognition almost.

I don't get why they would put the safari part in the Frontier area. Wouldn't it make more since to put it in Golden Kingdom?

The safari opened with the park in 1974. The safari could not be seen from within the Frontier area when the park opened. The buffer area between the park and the safari has since been filled by Bizarro, El Toro and Rolling Thunder. Also, Golden Kingdom is only a recent addition to the park coming 30 years after the park opened.

The safari opened with the park in 1974. The safari could not be seen from within the Frontier area when the park opened. The buffer area between the park and the safari has since been filled by Bizarro, El Toro and Rolling Thunder. Also, Golden Kingdom is only a recent addition to the park coming 30 years after the park opened.

I just think It would be better themed to put it in Golden Kingdom.

I agree, Golden Kingdom would be the best place for the Safari ride through entrance... we do see animals in the area already, I could see the signs, "Want to see more animals close up, come take a ride through the Safari!" Plus looking at the map, the back of the Kingda Ka Tower is the last turn before the exit for the drive through, it would cost minimal reconstruction to move the roadways.... My only concern is that we have not seen any work being done already... could we see the expedition vehicles leave from the VIP entrance that used to be under the first loop of GASM? I personally would hate that, totally ruins the "expedition" feel if your driving through the parking lot in a truck looking for your car....