TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

My family and some friends are looking to spend a day at the park on Monday. Forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms and a 40% chance of rain. We already purchased the 3 day advance tickets for this date. So...

1.Is it worth it/a good idea to go on this date?(We can reschedule)

2.What is a good plan of attack?

[quote="crazywolf88"1.Is it worth it/a good idea to go on this date?(We can reschedule)

2.What is a good plan of attack?

1 - Yes, it's a good idea. The forecast will keep the crowds well away. Plus, it's a Monday, so you won't have to worry about early weekenders like on a Thursday or Friday.

2 - Well, so long as they're running, go straight to SkyScreamer (line crawls) and then Kingda Ka, or vice versa. Kingda Ka probably won't open until 1pm anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on it when you get there. After that get Green Lantern since it gets a good line being "new" (read: transplant) and you also want to get to Dark Knight, you know, if you enjoy boxed mouses with broken effects. Don't worry about Nitro and El Toro's lines. Those things are people eaters. Bizzaro, though, will look as though the line is 5 minutes but it will actually be 45 because the crew on that ride is the absolute worst I have ever witnessed. Seriously, they're slower than molasses in winter.

I believe most rides are open during the rain except for El Toro. Even. In a light rain that closes! Then all of the other rides close when lightening is within 2 miles of the park. Kingda Ka shuts down if within 25 miles. If all of the rides are shut down, I was told that only 4 rides operated. Them being Dark Knight, Teacups, The Carousel, and The Jolly Roger. Even Skull Mountain doesnt run in the storms. I wonder why?

I'm coming here in a little more than a week for the first time to finally ride El Toro and take it off my bucket list! Anyhow, reading reviews on Yelp, someone posted a picture holding a cup of spicy corn at the park and was wondering if anone knew what restaurant/stand serves this. Thanks!

I go here often and right near El Toro is like a place that serves mexican food. They probably have it there.

They used to sell the cups of corn between the log flume and Bizarro from a cart. Sadly, the park did not bring back the cart for 2012.

Edited by larrygator

^Aquatrax.

First time to SFGAV tomorrow, what ride order should we do? We cant do El Toro first. (Dont ask! ) And I don't think we can get there at opening, but it wont be to late afterwards. Also my dad refuses to get flash passes no matter the lines.. Soo ya.

^ We will be at the park tomorrow too. My 2nd time at the park everybody else in my groups first. I'd really suggest the FlashPass.

Nitro is good, I really liked Medusa (Bizarro) when I was there. Batman is always good. Looking forward to finally riding El Toro.

If you aren't doing El Toro first I'd guess Kingda Ka should be your first stop? The park veterans should be able to answer that better than me.

^^ Make sure to do Green Lantern and Superman Ultimate Flight first as the lines can get hideous later in the day or if you are not into stand up and flying coasters then do Kingda Ka first if it is up and running as the line can also get long. Another option is to do Skyscreamer first if you are not too afraid of being up in the air for a long time. After those you can do them in any order you like as they are people eaters (Batman, El Toro, Nitro), their lines don't get long (Bizarro [if the right lead is running it], Rolling Thunder, Runaway Mine Train) or not worth it (Dark Knight, Skull Mountain, BBLTT, RRR).

When I visited the park last month I hit Kingda Ka first because I was worried about how reliable it would be.Then later in the day I went to Superman and Green Lantern, which had really slow moving lines that took forever. I guess it really depends if you want to wait or not, but KK seems touchy. El Toro is amazing though, the airtime is unmatched by any wooden coaster, it is complete insanity

I'm taking a trip out to SFGAdv on August 18th, which is a Saturday and will more than likely be MORE than packed.

That being said, I'm coming from Ohio to go to a concert on the 17th, and have a day free th 18th so its only that day I can go.

Opinions on getting a Flash Pass that day?

Also, if anyone would like to do a mini meet up that would be pretty neat!!!

I can get discount tickets through work as well, for 40$ a ticket.

Lets rock this!

P.S. I know Cedar Point does this, and I was wondering if SFGAdv does it to.

All day refill drinks for an extra cost. It's like the cost of a souvineer cup + 5$ for all day at CP.

When you buy a Six Flags souvenir cup, you automatically get free refills for the remainder of that day.

Thank you so much Triggernel

Looks like this will be a decent trip for me and my friend so far!

EDIT:

What about a FLASH PASS for the 18th of August.

It's a Saturday, and its nearing school time so everyone is getting their last vacation trips in.

Would this be a good investment to make sure we ride everything?