TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I made a trip out to the park for the first time last Wednesday, and thought it was great! This park compared to my home park SFMM, makes SFMM look like more of a dump than it already is. It was so much cleaner then Magic Mountain, IMO the park was beautiful. Kingda Ka I thought doesn't deserve the title Kingda Krap. I found it was short, but very fun. I did have two rides on it, both of which were front row, so I didn't experience that much rattle. Even though I only got one ride on Nitro, I thought it was crazy good! The speed and the air was great.

Then El Toro. I did not know airtime like that existed, since I have only been on SoCal rides. It was insane, the airtime hurt my hips, and I loved every second of it. I305 in my opinion beats it out, just barely. I can see why it is ranked as the #1 wood in the world

^ Nice to see you had a good time! I was there on Tuesday; my 4th time at Great Adventure. I share your thoughts when it comes to Kingda Ka and Nitro. Kingda Ka did have quite a bit of rattling, but that launch is so much fun just for the pure speed. And I freakin' love Nitro. This will sound really odd, but I almost feel like I could fall asleep on Nitro; not because it's boring, but because of how comfortable and smooth it is, IMO. I guess "graceful" would be a good term for it. It's like riding on a cloud... a cloud that drills you into the seat during that helix. Unfortunately, it experienced technical difficulties that had it down most of the day on Tuesday. Didn't get to ride it.

Though I disagree about El Toro and I305 though. I'm a sucker for that first drop and the "OMFG hill" in the backseat. I'm still speechless by the end of the ride.

What did you think of the other rides? Did you get to do SkyScreamer?

^ I LOVED the backseat, first drop on El Toro, so freaking good! I wasn't able to ride SkyScreamer, it was a pretty busy day, so I just barely got all of the credits. I guess the one coaster I didn't like was Rolling Thunder, it was one of the worst rides I have ridden. just completely painful and uncomfortable.

^ I LOVED the backseat, first drop on El Toro, so freaking good! I wasn't able to ride SkyScreamer, it was a pretty busy day, so I just barely got all of the credits. I guess the one coaster I didn't like was Rolling Thunder, it was one of the worst rides I have ridden. just completely painful and uncomfortable.

Are you kidding? The 4th was not crowded at all compared to weekend days. It was awesome. The lines were very short the longest was for Sky Screamer though.

Glad to hear people commenting on Great Adventure's natural scenery. I have always thought the park was actually quite beautiful in many spots (not near Superman, but maybe that'll be fixed at some point). Maybe they'll repaint Nitro and re-panel the station one day, too!

Hay guys it's Ryan here! I'm posting from the SFGAdv Cyber Cafe, having a great day so far, my friend Liam and I have ridden Nitro and Green Lantern both 4 times!

Having a good day, hope it gets better

Yea, so I had a great day at SFGAdv and I rode a ton of rides with my friend Liam! Here is my total ride list(El Toro lovers beware, your in for a scare!):

Started off with: Nitro-x4

Rolling Thunder-x2

Green Lantern-x4

Skull Mountain-x6

Batman The Ride-x3

Bizarro-x1

Runaway Mine Train-x1

(Here it is)El Toro-x10!!!

We totally would have gotten on Sky Screamer, but this Muslim Family, "yes you heard that Family!", cut the entire line twice! TWICE! It took them 20 minutes the first time to get them out, but then they cut again this time onto the ride and strapped themselves in! The security took then another 30 minutes to get them out! By that time we had to go after waiting for about 1 hour and left even though we were 1 cycle away for getting on. Great day, but Sky Screamer was a let-down!