TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^I was actually trying to figure that out myself the other day, and I couldn't find anything on it, Colossos, or T-Express anywhere. RCDB lists Balder as costing just under 10 million USD, so I would imagine that something like El Toro might go for closer to $15 million? Just a guess though. I'd certainly love to see more of them built than some of the rides with even higher price tags that go up.

I'm thinking it cost more, since there are no others like it here. It's amazing that after 6 years (happy birthday to the Bull soon), you don't see any replacement wood on it. Obviously, it was built to last. After work yesterday I got 10 rides before closing, even though it was quite busy. Just a great hustling crew.

So I'm going to SFGAdv tomorrow and the weather forecast says 30% chance of rain and scattered thunderstorms. Just wondering what I can expect from the park operations tomorrow. Even if it doesn't rain, will a lot of the rides be closed due to the possibility of tstorms? I go quite frequently but have never gone in the rain before

So I'm going to SFGAdv tomorrow and the weather forecast says 30% chance of rain and scattered thunderstorms. Just wondering what I can expect from the park operations tomorrow. Even if it doesn't rain, will a lot of the rides be closed due to the possibility of tstorms? I go quite frequently but have never gone in the rain before

As with all the major parks, ride closings are dictated by the proximity of lightning.

The park isn't open tomorrow.

hey friends!

Does anyone have any information on The Chiller?

His pieces have been removed?

Where did she going?

Anyone know?

Thank you.

Please, don't embarass us, brazilians, with annoying questions wtritten in a bad english!

If something new comes up about the Chiller, eventually you'll find out, there's no need to ask the same questions again and again.

The Security Guard with the Magic Tricks is one of the hidden gems of the park. Such a great guy. Awesome Coverage of Sky Screamer, I am scared of these things, can't help to think I am going to die... but I will give it a whirl on my next visit.

Yea, that's my great uncle!!!! Rodger Stryker!

First off, congratualations on the 400th page!

Second, I have a question. I bought my Six Flags Great Adventure season pass online, so I have the printout paper. It is not processed yet. I will be in the area of another Six Flags Park this weekend. Can I get the season pass processed at that other park, or does will it have to be done at Great Adventure first? Thanks.

Hello, I am new to theme park review, but I have followed the thread since I was little. I have spent much of my life being amazed by roller coasters. Great Adventure is my home park and has brought me many wonderful memories. I was wondering, as I am heading to the park in a week or two. How does the Skyscreamer compare to a windseekeer as so far I have only been able to ride one of those and I would like to know if the Skyscreamer is worth riding as I found the windseekeer very enjoyable.

^I have found the experiences to be very similar, just of flying in circles, nothing more. Although, starflyers do have better restraints in my opinion, and give a more open-air feel, since the seats are spaced farther apart. A 300 foot starflyer probably gives a better ride experience than a Windseeker of the same height, but, with this model only being 240 feet tall, it is probably a bit less thrilling than a Windseeker. Still, both are definitely worth a >30 minute wait, but I would be disappointed if I had to wait more than an hour for one of these.

I feel like StarFlyers are scarier than Windseekers, but I believe that Windseekers look like solid amusement park attractions while StarFlyers look like something you'd see at a fair. I guess it is just the structure itself, onboard audio, and lighting package found on the Windseeker models that make them seem more "pernament" to me.

There was a bad storm in the morning, but all of the coasters and flats reopened by one. I had a fun day apart from the terrible operations and large crowds. Nitro for example, was double stacking every single time. Bizarro, Green Lantern, and Kingda Ka were also the same way. The sky screamer and scrambler both had their lines extending into the midway.

There was a bad storm in the morning, but all of the coasters and flats reopened by one. I had a fun day apart from the terrible operations and large crowds. Nitro for example, was double stacking every single time. Bizarro, Green Lantern, and Kingda Ka were also the same way. The sky screamer and scrambler both had their lines extending into the midway.

It's nice to hear that the new flats actually have lines! I'm going to make my way back to the park this year since I went opening weekend and SkyScreamer wasn't open.

The train I rode last week didn't have it at all.

I don't see why these parks (SFGAdv and SFMM, really) don't just give up on the audio and just put speakers on the lift that play the same track as the train passes by. Cheap alternative, no more money sunk into repairing audio systems that are shaking themselves to death. I love on-board audio, but on the SF rides using it you can't really hear anything past the lift hill anyway.

I didn't notice a problem two weeks ago either. I absolutely love the audio, and that's what makes Bizarro a great ride to me.

I love on-board audio, but on the SF rides using it you can't really hear anything past the lift hill anyway.

I was on Bizarro with just three other people (none of us were screaming) and you still couldn't hear it.