TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I really don't think that idea will work... It would take some work to attach it to KK and there is a building at the base of the tower. Not to mention how far away the tower is from the park.

Well at least its queue won't need any switchbacks then!

When I worked at GADV the state made the park close off all of the Q and make it a danger zone after the ride closed for a few months opening year. So there is no way to get back there and it is really far from any midway.

Also Kingda Ka is fixed and should be open on opening day. It was testing after the park closed for the season in early November.

Edited by medusa99

In regards to the survey discussing potential new attractions at Six Flags Great Adventure, we ask that you abide by the confidentiality agreements you committed to in participating in the survey by not posting about any of the concepts detailed here. While we understand that some of the ideas are very exciting, it was explicitly stated at the beginning of this survey that the creators of these concepts were not yet ready to share them with the masses and asked for nondisclosure. It is with that request in mind that we politely remind all users to please keep these topics to themselves until more official information is released.

I actually think a drop tower on the inside of KK's tower (not inside the structure, but on the side inside the layout) could be really awesome. I don't think it would look that bad, and it would really help that area of the park by having another major attraction. They could very easily run a path to and from the area around KKs entrance, it's not that far. After walking all under KK during the NorthEast trip I can easily see how they would do this.

Unless KK shredded another launch cable and rained steel down on people.

The only place on that tower they could safely install a drop tower would be on one of the back sides of the support triangle, as far as falling objects go (on the front side, you'd be directly underneath the track - a place they don't let you walk for Dragster or for Kingda Ka, and for good reason. But because of the slanting of the higher supports on the tower, the only place they could feasibly install a drop tower would be on that front side, underneath the track. So basically, there's no way, unless the tower is only going to go to where the supports on the backside begin slanting, in which case it won't be taking the record from SFMM.

I could see them turning Parachute Tower into a drop tower (like a leisburg park atmosfear treatment) before attaching a drop tower to KK. Also got to think about just how far one would have to walk to get to the ride if it were attached to KK's tower. However you never know! If they do it! I am all for it, it would be awesome nonetheless.

If they really add this drop ride to Kingda Ka's tower structure, all I can say is that's going to be a LONG walk. I agree with others here that there needs to be another major attraction over that way to bring people over (especially those that may not be ready to ride KK).

If they really add this drop ride to Kingda Ka's tower structure, all I can say is that's going to be a LONG walk. I agree with others here that there needs to be another major attraction over that way to bring people over (especially those that may not be ready to ride KK).

Those that wouldn't be ready for KK almost definitely wouldn't be ready for a 450-foot drop tower inside of KK, so I'm struggling to think of what kind of attraction would have to be in that area to bring said scaredy-cats over there.

Pardon the double-post, but this news from Screamscape seems pretty noteworthy:

In other news, Six Flags Great Adventure has been sending out a survey about possible new attractions under consideration this week, and wouldn’t you know it, but one of the ideas pitched is “Worlds tallest drop tower”, a 400+ foot free fall experience. They don’t mention that it will be attached to the Kingda Ka tower, but it sure fits the bill. Anothr interesting idea pitched in the survey include an Animal Safari excursion tour that leave from the theme park and take you on a guided off-road tour into the wilderness. They also talk about “Bumper Kart Racing”, a “3D Interactive Space Adventure Coaster”, “World’s Biggest Interactive Fun House” and “Hyper Fast Steel Coaster”. The later idea mentions a 70mph coaster experience that will rip through a track over a mile long, going from Golden Kingdom through Plaza Del Carnaval and over to Frontier Adventures and back again.

Is that real-life Mario Kart I see as an option? And the iCheetahMaverSpeed that Magic Mountain apparently isn't getting?

I'm guessing it goes without saying that the 500-foot prefab Wing Rider Aqua Trax was one of the other options.

Personally, I would LOVE a massive drop tower, and it would definitely help balance out the park...however, deep down I'm wishing for something along the lines of Maverick like that survey mentioned. Since the park removed Chiller and GASM, they somewhat lack a quality looper, with 3 clones (Bizzaro, B:TR and S:UF) and GL (a near-clone, and hand-me-down) serving as the only coasters with inversions. A ride like Maverick or Cheetah Hunt would be an unbelievable fit, either somewhere by the Golden Kingdom, or in Movietown on and around Chiller's old footprint.