TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^Both things actually.

If I recall correctly The rolls were putting extreme forces on the trains, and after an incident in June 2006 the ride was SBNO until the replacement of the rolls for the new season.

Also, the ride had stalled in the rolls in the past... guess it would have just enough momentum to make it into them backwards before stalling.

The hart-line rolls were removed do to fatigue cracking in the trains bogies. The cracking did result in an incident in 2006 that put the robin train out of operation. The batman train was then painted red and used on the robin side with the modified track but the cracking still occurred, and with the high cost of maintance the ride already has due to the lims it was removed. they did get a new train for batman side in 2007 but never bothered putting it on the track because to many lims had to be repaired.

I'm unclear to why the heart line rolls were removed... I read somewhere that they feared the train stalling if the LIMs failed, but to me it looks like the train would stall after the roll. Was it an issue with forces? Were the rolls uncomfortable?

It getting stuck upside down was never an issue there was always a man lift under the ride to push the train if it happen. most of the time the train would stop down by water effects station. There was a platform to remove guest there as well as a spot in the track where the rails would come off to take the train apart.

It looks like whoever bought Chiller before backed out of the deal. I guess that it was pretty obvious sense its been sitting in storage down the street from the park since it was taken down.

http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1546

Could they spilt the sides apart? Like could Robin be sold somewhere and Batman sold to another park? Because I think that would be the best bet for any park looking into it.

The company that removed the ride is who bought it they have been trying to sell it ever since they removed it.

Move on over to the right of the picture and if you see a house on a road...[name of road deleted, in case you wish to also do the same] That's where I live.!! SO close, Right!!

You just gave everyone directions to your house.

Last night I was watching a coupe of Chiller videos for the heck of it and though about what B&R might have looked life if it had been build today...

You spent a lot of time doodling as a child during class, didn't you?

Actually yeah.

Since I have attention issues, I often listen to lectures, and doodle at the same time. Helps me stay focused and learn, while putting all the distracted energy into drawing.

I know I'm copying and pasting from another site, but I stand by what I said:

That coaster is worth more as scrap metal. I mean I hate saying that, but it is. Getting this coaster up and running will require much more than just the purchase price and if somebody did have enough money to buy it, install it, and get it into good operating condition, it still would require a good chunk of money to maintain. LIMs are now a bit outdated and the whole system would need an overhaul to make it reliable. When you add it all up, it's just not worth the money.

It was a unique coaster, I have a lot of great memories riding it, but those memories are so scattered because of its operational record. They tried to save it with the infamous 'humps" but it still found a way to fail. Good luck to anyone that gets involved with it.

• 1 month later...
GreatAdventureHistory has some new details about Great Adventure's additions for 2012!

- The entire area featuring all the new attractions and surrounding the Big Wheel will be known as Adventure Alley!

- The area from the Fountain west to the Carousel and Tea Cups will be considered Fantasy Forest.

- The official names of the new rides will be SkyScreamer, Fender Benders (bumper cars), Scambler, and Air Jumbo (elephants).

- Jersey Shore Souvenirs will now be Adventure Gifts.

- Fantasy Forest Games (the old Chicago Shootout) will now be Adventure Alley Games.

- Torandos Zone (the snack stand) will now be Adventure Alley Snacks.

- Granny's, Mama Flora's, and the Big Wheel names will remain.

- The gift shop next to the Big Wheel (Big Wheel Deals) is TBD.

- Turbo Bungy is being removed.

Link

gallery_2_579_839439.thumb.jpg.7c7f56b73a469da268fde029422f0053.jpg

Picture credit to greatadventurehistory.com

• 3 weeks later...
If there's a chance we'll see the ride (or half of it) again somewhere, I'm all for it. But what is the likelihood?

Is this related to past rumors of its sale, or is it an entirely new development?

I was just browsing through Intermark and found it surprising that it was sold.