TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I was wondering about the bumper cars, too. The modern round ones are actually pretty fun. But the pseudo-classic ones the park is getting are more charming, of course.

SFGAdv didn't seem all that lacking in flats to me. I rode a couple and skipped several more. But lack of flats was a common complaint, so I'm glad the park listened and is starting to bolster their collection.

^They have more than many SF parks do, but I think the complaint about "lack of flats" is due to the fact they added so many in 1999 and then had most of them removed over the years. Heck, SFOG has the Carousel, Wheelie, and Crime Wave as their entire flat collection.

^You can't forget Acrophobia!

The other problem was all the ugly empty flat pads, but this will fill them in. The Evolution one was the worst.

That is also the problem because everywhere you looked was empty flat pads, these rides IMO are a great adddition. They already have a great collection of coasters for the most part so why not start putting in some flats. Seems like they listened to what people were saying. I'm glad they aren't taking out the parachutes ride!

Sky Screamers are the most terrifying ride to ever be created in the history of mankind. I don't care how macho you think you are. Once you're at the top of the tower with only a fiberglass seat and tiny chains holding you there, you'll be pooping yourself a bit.

I rode the one at Fun Spot in Orlando a few years ago and damn near had a panic attack. It was also one of the most fun experiences of my life, but dammit if I wasn't feeling on the verge of death.

Edit - Wait, what? According the to pics of the SFFT one, there's a pretty hefty chest strap on these. That's disappointing news. It was way more horrifying when it was just that metal bar.

Star Flyer in Orlando will give you a very un easy yet thrilling ride. I love taking people down there for a spin, it aint for everyone, especially at 240 feet. I am hoping for a massive 400 foot Star Flyer in a U.S. park someday. Our ride has the chest strap now as well, for me it doesn't make a difference...still scary as hell.

Sky Screamers are the most terrifying ride to ever be created in the history of mankind. I don't care how macho you think you are. Once you're at the top of the tower with only a fiberglass seat and tiny chains holding you there, you'll be pooping yourself a bit.

I rode the one at Fun Spot in Orlando a few years ago and damn near had a panic attack. It was also one of the most fun experiences of my life, but dammit if I wasn't feeling on the verge of death.

Edit - Wait, what? According the to pics of the SFFT one, there's a pretty hefty chest strap on these. That's disappointing news. It was way more horrifying when it was just that metal bar.

Star Flyer in Orlando will give you a very un easy yet thrilling ride. I love taking people down there for a spin, it aint for everyone, especially at 240 feet. I am hoping for a massive 400 foot Star Flyer in a U.S. park someday. Our ride has the chest strap now as well, for me it doesn't make a difference...still scary as hell.

Too lame, how about a 500' WindSeeker!

Though, on the Six Flags website, they advertised that Sky Screamer is 150', why so short?

Because they're also getting 3 flats and a water slide.

I don't think additional rides have anything to do with it. However that Windseeker isn't going to be very appealing when there is a 23 Story Parachute Tower nearby that offers a much better view. I also find it odd that the ride isn't going to be taller than El Toro and Nitro. Personally on my next Visit I won't ride it when 3 of the major coasters offer better views.

That being said, it looks like a nice addition for families in a thrill focused park.

-Zach

...and the scrambler (most likely from SFOG) is going where Chaos was.

A particular SFNE fansite (which shall not/cannot be named here) has images of their scrambler being taken apart. It's difficult to say if this might be for some major repair or not, but being deconstructed so late in the season suggests that it MIGHT be on the way out.

^ I'm pretty sure it does. Remember the surveys they sent out that I brought it up before? It was either a taller Sky Screamer with nothing else, or a shorter one with bumper cars, a scrambler, and flying elephants. So the additional rides did affect how tall it would be.

That survey said a 200ft + flats, or a 300ft alone. So it's 50ft shorter than originally thought. It doesn't make a huge difference, but how much more money could it have been?

I'm really glad to see SFGadv getting some greatly needed flat rides. Maybe this will cause the lines to decrease on some of their coasters, even if it's only by a few people!

Exactly, that's the point a lot of enthusiasts have trouble comprehending.

*Bump*

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has been to the park and/ or maybe heard about Kingda Ka outlook? I'm still going with the screamscape info for now in that it could be either open by Fright Fest or closed for the rest of the season.

About next year, I couldn't be happier for the park to finally be getting some sort of thrill ride in this package. I love Great Adventure but to a point. Once you ride Toro, Nitro, Ka and the other coasters a few times, what else is there really to do? I find a lot of time in a day is eaten up by walking in between the coasters. Variety is good, especially for those who don't ride coasters, or at least big ones.

I wish the Star Flyer was the taller version but hey, it is something that they desperately need regardless. Maybe in another year we'll see a drop ride off the back of Ka's Tower?

I'm really glad to see SFGadv getting some greatly needed flat rides. Maybe this will cause the lines to decrease on some of their coasters, even if it's only by a few people!

And this is what happens when a p[ark,any park becomes too hyperfoused on one target demographic...sure the park improves in one area but at the same time it stagnates in the others.