TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I was at the park last Tuesday and I had fun the entire day except for a few things, rolling thunder, and El Toro's stride trains. Why. It just seems pointless to me and there are flat screens in the queue that they could flood with advertisements and make a lot more money than wrapping the train in ads.

[/rant]

Never to be one that is shut out of major park announcements, Great Adventure announced today that they are completely rebuilding el-toro after the tornado that demolished it on sunday.. New enhancements for 2012 include trident themed trains and new commercials in the queue.

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces New Attractions for 2012

Theme Park Takes Classic Thrills to New Heights with SkyScreamer and More

Six Flags Great Adventure, America’s largest regional theme park, today unveiled plans to add both extreme and family thrills to its current lineup for 2012. SkyScreamer, an extreme swing ride, will transform the Fantasy Forest skyline while three additional family rides are introduced to the whimsically-themed section below – bumper cars, scrambler and flying elephants.

Theme park guests will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer.

The newest sensation in tower rides, SkyScreamer will take swing rides to the next level and join the park’s already breathtaking lineup of thrills as it whisks guests up, up and away high over the park, feet dangling and hair blowing. Towering 15 stories above the ground, SkyScreamer will reside next to the classic Big Wheel. Thirty-two guests will board the ride and sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the SkyScreamer tower while spinning round and round. At full swing, guests will soar in a 98-ft. circle at speeds of 40 mph high above the park below.

For those wishing to keep their feet closer to the ground, the park is introducing two new, yet classic, family attractions – bumper cars and a music-themed scrambler. Guests will also be greeted with the return of the popular flying elephants ride, which formerly made its home in

The Golden Kingdom section of the theme park.

“Although we are best known for our record-breaking thrills, families have told us they would like more attractions they can enjoy together. So this season we are introducing four rides sure to deliver fun for all ages,” said park president John Fitzgerald.

At Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, it’s go big, go extreme – with the addition of exciting, new drop boxes guaranteed to ramp up the thrill factor at the slide tower known as “The Falls.” Guests will climb into a clear, fully-enclosed launch capsule and begin the nerve-wracking countdown to the moment when the floor literally disappears beneath them and sends them into a freefall at speeds of up to 32 mph.

“Drop boxes are an innovative, exciting addition to our already thrilling speed slides,” Fitzgerald added. “They are not for the faint of heart. The sheer anticipation of waiting for the floor to drop will have our guests’ adrenaline pumping.”

The best way to enjoy the thrills of the 2012 season is with a season pass. 2012 season passes are currently on sale and a great family value at $59.99 per person, which includes the theme park and free admission to the Wild Safari; and for just $10 more provides admission to Hurricane Harbor water park. All season passes include free tickets for friends and unlimited access to this season’s Fright Fest Halloween celebration in October. Guests who process their passes by October 30, 2011 receive one free parking pass with every four season passes purchased-a $50 value. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/08/26/greatadventure/

FantasyForestBumperCars-485x390.jpg.71ac1e9ba9295732ccb48d8672324643.jpg

Edited by ernierocker

150 feet... So that means it will be ALMOST as tall as the Big Wheel, which it's apparently right next to (I'm thinking Evolution's old pad?). I'm happy to get one of these rides, but do wish it were taller... oh well. Bumper cars should please the masses (I really hope they are new though and not the Autobahn 2.0 cars taken back out), the Scrambler will be nice to have again... and I guess I wasn't paying attention, but why in the world were the flying elephants not in the safari kids zone already?

I am very happy to see Hurricane Harbor continue to get additions, it went way too long before getting Tornado.

The best way to enjoy the thrills of the 2012 season is with a season pass. 2012 season passes are currently on sale and a great family value at $59.99 per person, which includes the theme park and free admission to the Wild Safari; and for just $10 more provides admission to Hurricane Harbor water park. All season passes include free tickets for friends and unlimited access to this season’s Fright Fest Halloween celebration in October. Guests who process their passes by October 30, 2011 receive one free parking pass with every four season passes purchased-a $50 value. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Sounds like the prices are being lowered on the season passes? $69.99 for 3 parks...that's $40 cheaper than the $110 it was this year.

The addition is great, Great Adventure is finally getting some flats. Guess what, they are marketable.

Sky Screamers are the most terrifying ride to ever be created in the history of mankind. I don't care how macho you think you are. Once you're at the top of the tower with only a fiberglass seat and tiny chains holding you there, you'll be pooping yourself a bit.

I rode the one at Fun Spot in Orlando a few years ago and damn near had a panic attack. It was also one of the most fun experiences of my life, but dammit if I wasn't feeling on the verge of death.

Edit - Wait, what? According the to pics of the SFFT one, there's a pretty hefty chest strap on these. That's disappointing news. It was way more horrifying when it was just that metal bar.

Sky Screamer looks fun, and the park needs it so badly, but it's not something I'm going to be running to be first in line for. That's ok though, the park obviously isn't always marketing towards people like me. The other additions look like solid family attractions. I don't mind not getting a coaster this year, but I do hope that with the one new ride a year program, we get a great new coaster in 2013 or 2014.

Sky Screamers are the most terrifying ride to ever be created in the history of mankind. I don't care how macho you think you are. Once you're at the top of the tower with only a fiberglass seat and tiny chains holding you there, you'll be pooping yourself a bit.

I rode the one at Fun Spot in Orlando a few years ago and damn near had a panic attack. It was also one of the most fun experiences of my life, but dammit if I wasn't feeling on the verge of death.

Edit - Wait, what? According the to pics of the SFFT one, there's a pretty hefty chest strap on these. That's disappointing news. It was way more horrifying when it was just that metal bar.

Man I get vertigo just from riding flying ace at KD(chance aviator) & that has an OTSR & only goes up to 85 ft. in height...good thing KD's getting a windseeker & not sky screamer as I don't really even trust the chains alone on wave swinger & that's nowhere near as high!!