TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

hello. i am planning on visiting the park for the first time this tuesday, aug 23, and i had a few questions.

does anyone know what kind of line rides to expect for this day and time of year?

and, if the lines are expected to be lenghtly, i was going to purchase one of the 3 flash pass options. do they typically sell out before you get to the park or will i have time to arrive at the park and see how the lines are THEN purchase it. also, does anyone know how much time the 2nd (Gold) flashpass option actually takes off your wait time? thanks! and any other park tips would be great. im gunna go read around here and see what i can find.

How would Tuesday be?

What's a good plan to get on most of the rides before closing?

When you get into the park head straight to Superman and Green Lantern. After you ride those you'll want to go right to Kingda Ka, then go to El Toro, Bizarro, Rolling Thunder etc. Then when you're done with that section, go on the Skyride to the other side of the park, go on Nitro last! Nitro's line isn't usually that long in the late afternoon (4-7 o'clock). The waits for Green Lantern and Superman may be the longest lines, if you follow these steps I think you'll be just fine.

hello. i am planning on visiting the park for the first time this tuesday, aug 23, and i had a few questions.

does anyone know what kind of line rides to expect for this day and time of year?

and, if the lines are expected to be lenghtly, i was going to purchase one of the 3 flash pass options. do they typically sell out before you get to the park or will i have time to arrive at the park and see how the lines are THEN purchase it. also, does anyone know how much time the 2nd (Gold) flashpass option actually takes off your wait time? thanks! and any other park tips would be great. im gunna go read around here and see what i can find.

Here is a tip... If you want to save money, pack your lunch, and eat it in your car. The food is pretty expensive. Just make sure you get a hand stamp before you leave to eat.

Ride lines tend to get much longer toward the end of August right before schools reopen. I would expect it to be pretty crowded.

The Gold Flash Pass cuts the wait time by 75%, so an hour wait becomes 15 minutes. The Platinum reduces wait time by 90% and allows for 2 rides per wait. Get a Flashpass to guarantee riding everything with repeats, Gold to ride everything a lot, and Platinum if you want an obscene amount of rides. Flashpasses don't sell out before the day, but it's good practice to get one early to avoid waiting for it (do it before anything! You can reserve your first ride as soon as get it, and don't lose any time).

My visits in July and June all had the park emptying out around 6 PM- I could ride everything in the last 3 hours, no Flashpass. I can't guarantee that's still the case. Like others, I'd start with GL and Ka. Get on Rolling Thunder early if you want the credit- its line moves slowly and Flashpass is no help. Just work your way around the park from there.

Food is expensive, so packing lunch can save money, but it is a hike out to the lot. Best of the West has pretty good food, and you can split an entree with someone (assuming you're visiting with others).

Hope you enjoy it!

I heard that the park asked guest to take a survey for what new ride they should build for next year and all of them were flats including: A Drop Tower, A SkyScreamer, and other types of rides so I think it's obvious that Six Flags is gonna get a new flat for next year...

Numerous local networks are reporting that NUMEROUS tornadoes have touched down at Great Adventure. Whether or not this is true I don't know and I'm not able to find any confirmation on line yet (and they have nobody on the scene) so take this with a grain of salt for now but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Here's hoping it took out Rolling Thunder, Dark Knight, and King Daka.

Be careful what you wish for. Taking out Rolling Thunder will surely damage El Toro.

But Great Adventure would do it's best to repair El Toro. The hurricane damaging Rolling Thunder FOR FREE will actually inspire Great Adventure to dismantle the ride altogether.

I still haven't seen this reported anywhere else... does anyone else see this anywhere? I actually saw it on a Delaware News network so before taking it as fact I'm trying to see someone else confirm it. A tornado warning was in place in Jackson but that can just mean it was a storm capable of producing a tornado.